Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 31 Match Day thread....

1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

manual_man wrote: »
    haha a bad few months more like it. ! and horrendous luck. I still enjoy playing the game tho - just disappointed I won't be beating last year's score, which was the target

You should look to beat your overall position instead of score.
    Morricone wrote: »
    After having a look through the top 750 of the Boards league I haven't found a single player that tops my 85 points for the week. Thus I award myself the Boards.ie Fantasy Football Award for Gameweek 31 Player of the Week. Huzzah to all!

You went through the top 750 boardies scores in the league? You deserve some other kind of award for that lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

53 points, all red arrows bar 3 private leagues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

No Ba assist - see email below received from the FF website.

Personally I think its a crock of s*ite as Ben Arfa didn't touch it. I really think that unless it can be definitively proven that a player touched the ball the assist should go to the last person who clearly did touch it.

Hi

Thanks for the email.

We have had a lot of queries concerning this. The assist for Newcastle's second goal has been reviewed, the Press Association have looked at the footage and judged that Ben Arfa gets a slight touch on the ball before it reaches Cisse.

The rule for an assist is that the last player from the goalscoring team to touch the ball is awarded the assist so we have given the assist for this goal to Ben Arfa as he was judged to have touched the ball.

We apologise for any inonvenience this may have caused and hope this helps to explain the situation.

Regards

Fantasy Support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Benimar wrote: »

Personally I think its a crock of s*ite as Ben Arfa didn't touch it. I really think that unless it can be definitively proven that a player touched the ball the assist should go to the last person who clearly did touch it.

Yep, crap really to hear that, don't know how they thought he touched it as the path of the ball never changed after Ba hit it.

Rounds up a mediocre week, with losing the assist for Ba and BP's for Dempsey especially after the Utd result saved many people's gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I dont think Ben Arfa got anything on it, if anything the defender touches it or it hits a bobble. How did the linesman not see Cisse as offside?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

shayno90 wrote: »
    Benimar wrote: »

Yep, crap really to hear that, don't know how they thought he touched it as the path of the ball never changed after Ba hit it.

Rounds up a mediocre week, with losing the assist for Ba and BP's for Dempsey especially after the Utd result saved many people's gameweek.

someone got a touch on it. the goalmouth view proves that. but whether it was the Liverpool defender or barfa is impossible to tell. maybe they studied it in depth and awarded it that way, but my personal opinion is that they awarded it to barfa because he's the more 'talked about player' at the moment. the premier league, or the press association or whatever, are like that. it's all about publicity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yeah received the same. Sorry!

Email From FPL
    Thanks for the email.

We have had a lot of queries concerning this. The assist for Newcastle's second goal has been reviewed, the Press Association have looked at the footage and judged that Ben Arfa gets a slight touch on the ball before it reaches Cisse.

The rule for an assist is that the last player from the goalscoring team to touch the ball is awarded the assist so we have given the assist for this goal to Ben Arfa as he was judged to have touched the ball.

We apologise for any inonvenience this may have caused and hope this helps to explain the situation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement