Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it just me.... (Need help content!!)

• 31-03-2012 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Or has Lyon's Kenya blend disappeared from every supermarket/shop I know of?

I discovered Lyon's Kenya blend about 6 months ago and have been happily buying it out of the Tesco down the road from me when suddenly there was a big gap right where the tea used to be! I looked up and down thinking it was moved but it was gone!
    The Kenya and the Gold Blend Reserve were just lifted right off the shelf and the little price tags were blanked over with little yellow stickers.
    I was shocked that the tea I've grown so fond of would be gone forever and I would have to resort to regular teas after having spoiled my taste buds with, quite frankly, the perfect everyday cup of tea.

I asked what was up to a couple of shop employees and they were clueless, so then I set about on the hunt for Kenya teabags.

I legged it across the way to check in the Supervalu, nothing! The big Tesco in Finglas, nothing! Dunnes, nothing! Lidl, none! Aldi, nada! Spar, Centra, Mace, Londis, still nothing! Every shop big and small that might sell luxury tea bags....... Nope!

Then I got a call from my brother... He was also on the hunt and he said he had found a stash of the tea bags in JC's in Swords! In the tea aisle there was an abundance of Lyon's regular teas and Barrys and all sorts but in the corner, behind some wrapping, crushed and battered, were about 15 boxes of Kenya blend!

I thought "YES! I can drink fantastic tea once again at least for a while". So I didn't have that much cash to buy the lot so I says just get me two boxes and I'll hide them away for when I want to treat myself.

Last week, I've got about half a box left, my bro rings again and says that the tea has disappeared from JC's now and I find myself without the safety net of being able to buy more! I have to take it cheesey and spread the remainder of my tea thin until I can replenish my stock...!

And now, hungover, I've just drank the very last drop of tea from the very last teabag from the very last box and I have no knowledge of where to find some more so I'm putting it to this fine tea and coffee drinking community and I'm asking, does anyone know a shop that still sells Lyons Kenya Blend?!?!

It could be as simple as, yeah my Spar down the road has it but in my locale it has all but vanished.

Any help would be fantastic guys and thanks for reading my little story :-D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry Ftw

Arknology wrote: »
    Or has Lyon's Kenya blend disappeared from every supermarket/shop I know of?

I discovered Lyon's Kenya blend about 6 months ago and have been happily buying it out of the Tesco down the road from me when suddenly there was a big gap right where the tea used to be! I looked up and down thinking it was moved but it was gone!
    The Kenya and the Gold Blend Reserve were just lifted right off the shelf and the little price tags were blanked over with little yellow stickers.
    I was shocked that the tea I've grown so fond of would be gone forever and I would have to resort to regular teas after having spoiled my taste buds with, quite frankly, the perfect everyday cup of tea.

I asked what was up to a couple of shop employees and they were clueless, so then I set about on the hunt for Kenya teabags.

I legged it across the way to check in the Supervalu, nothing! The big Tesco in Finglas, nothing! Dunnes, nothing! Lidl, none! Aldi, nada! Spar, Centra, Mace, Londis, still nothing! Every shop big and small that might sell luxury tea bags....... Nope!

Then I got a call from my brother... He was also on the hunt and he said he had found a stash of the tea bags in JC's in Swords! In the tea aisle there was an abundance of Lyon's regular teas and Barrys and all sorts but in the corner, behind some wrapping, crushed and battered, were about 15 boxes of Kenya blend!

I thought "YES! I can drink fantastic tea once again at least for a while". So I didn't have that much cash to buy the lot so I says just get me two boxes and I'll hide them away for when I want to treat myself.

Last week, I've got about half a box left, my bro rings again and says that the tea has disappeared from JC's now and I find myself without the safety net of being able to buy more! I have to take it cheesey and spread the remainder of my tea thin until I can replenish my stock...!

And now, hungover, I've just drank the very last drop of tea from the very last teabag from the very last box and I have no knowledge of where to find some more so I'm putting it to this fine tea and coffee drinking community and I'm asking, does anyone know a shop that still sells Lyons Kenya Blend?!?!

It could be as simple as, yeah my Spar down the road has it but in my locale it has all but vanished.

Any help would be fantastic guys and thanks for reading my little story :-D

Is this a joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Arknology

Nope, I'm honestly looking for help.

Does it have to be the Kenya blend? :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That's an incredible number of words about not being able to find tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Arknology wrote: »
    And now, hungover, I've just drank the very last drop of tea from the very last teabag from the very last box and I have no knowledge of where to find some more...

You're not hungover mate - you're still drunk.

Still, I'll keep an eye out and will post here if I see anywhere selling it.

• Advertisement

Does it have to be the Kenya blend? :P
    Yeah, Kenya blend just does it for me. I've tried a whole load of teas but they just don't cut it

Nice one xoxyx

xoxyx wrote: »
    You're not hungover mate - you're still drunk

Sounds about right :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

That's an incredible number of words about not being able to find tea.
    My thoughts exactly, when a single, very succinct, sentence would have been just as effective (if not more so). Must fancy himself a bit of a writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

Loads in my local SuperValu...(Roscrea)

Nice one tippguy but Roscrea is a bit of a ways out for me.

Anyone in Dublin know where sells it...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

just ask your local supervalu to order it and tell them youll buy the whole case when it comes in. ive often done this for customers and i still do we have to change layouts every 6months and delist products just ask and you shall receive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Phantazm

I totally sympathize with the writer.

And words are not enough.

I've been drinking and raving about Lyons Kenya Blend since the mid 90's, when I tried it after an Evening Herald article test of the various brands made it the winner by a mile. Now I can't find it anywhere either. I am gutted! There have been times in the past when it was scarce but that seemed to be down to stock issues in the various stores. I also found some in JC's when the missus and I dropped in after a friends wedding in March. Only then there was a full pallette. I was going to go back for more this week until I found this thread which seems to confirm my worst fears :eek:.

And now with the introduction of two new Lyons teas, Fresh Blend and Evening Blend, (which I am drinking now and won't be buying again!), I fear they may have discontinued production.

Say it ain't so!

Somebody!

Please! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 locutusofbored

Not so far impressed with:
    Tesco finest
    Bewleys gold
    Barrys Classic
    Twinings Assam
    Aldi McGraths Reserve
    Lyons richer taste

Any suggestions from Kenya lovers?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

I'm pretty sure i saw some in Tesco Arklow last night (I always check the tea aisle just in case they decide to stock Yorkshire Tea, which I am hunting for!)

I am in Ballsbridge Monday - Friday so if you want me to pick some up for you just let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I haven't been able to find it while doing the past few shops and I have been looking each time and I've been thinking that they no longer do it. Doesn't seem to be listed on their website anymore... It really was a great tea! :(

It has been months without seeing it at all....

I loved the gold reserve blend. I'm heartbroken that it is no longer available.
    I,m using Campbell's perfect tea now. It comes loose leaf, in a tin. I buy mine in Dunnes.

Advertisement