Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lawnmower clutch needed

Options
  • 31-03-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

hi all,
    im looking for a clutch for my honda hr194 lawnmower.the clutch engages the dlade to run...i brought it to a repair shop, he quoted me abt €90 odd euro for it plus vat plus fitting charge..seems a bit expensive..i bought the mower abt 5 years ago for €150 so its alot just for the clutch..other than that, the mower is working fine...
    anyone know where i could get a second hand part???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

kevinkmb36 wrote: »
    hi all,
    im looking for a clutch for my honda hr194 lawnmower.the clutch engages the dlade to run...i brought it to a repair shop, he quoted me abt €90 odd euro for it plus vat plus fitting charge..seems a bit expensive..i bought the mower abt 5 years ago for €150 so its alot just for the clutch..other than that, the mower is working fine...
    anyone know where i could get a second hand part???

Ebay is the only option but beware of different model types. Honda parts are not cheap but they are good quality. Are you sure that the clutch has worn out & it's not just a spring or bolt that has failed ? I have had Hondas that have done thousands of hours on a blade clutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kevinkmb36

its an older model, not sure what year, so dont know how much work it has done...well the lawnmower repair guy said twas the clutch that was gone on it...its ripped apart now as i took it away when he said twud cost that much to see was there any other options..

There are a few here but you would need the part number & they are all overseas so there would be postage costs. The labour charge should be low as they are quick & easy to fit.

The clutch is made up of separate parts so it might be possible to get the actual part that has failed rather than the whole clutch.

http://www.planopower.com/store/honda/honda_hr214_bbc_assembly.shtml

EDIT Google is amazing !. There is a after market clutch here for £17 !

http://www.mister-solutions.co.uk/product/honda-roto-stop-clutch-plate-fits-hr194-hr214-lawnmower-40460-p

yeah i have seen that site already but its an american site so shipping costs would be very expensive..
    but you are right, perhaps its only the plate i need, and not the whole part..will look into it some more...must get the serial number off the mower as have seen another few sites too but its the shipping thats the killer....

kevinkmb36 wrote: »
    yeah i have seen that site already but its an american site so shipping costs would be very expensive..

The second one that I quoted is a UK site.

• Advertisement

thats interesting discodog.....must look into that site and see whether the plate alone will do for me ..
    thanks alot..

Advertisement