Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Coarse Fishing

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭CoarseForTench

I went fishing today for my lesson. Caught 2 Small roach. Pretty happy :), I'm back out in another few weeks. Great fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

I went fishing today for my lesson. Caught 2 Small roach. Pretty happy :), I'm back out in another few weeks. Great fun

As a matter of interest, where did you get those lessons, if you don't mind me asking? Someone was asking me about fishing lessons the other day on my local stretch.

COYW wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, where did you get those lessons, if you don't mind me asking? Someone was asking me about fishing lessons the other day on my local stretch.

It was on the Royal Canal by a nice guy named God free, He was very helpful, As I said, I'm out again in 2 weeks on my own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

God free? Ya mean Godfrey
    He used to run Corkagh park fisheries when it used to be good he's dead sound was fishing on the suck with him think he's one of the treasurers of the Dublin pike angling knows everything bout fishing and will put u in right direction in no time you'll be pullin in serious tench in no time
    Atb

God free? Ya mean Godfrey
    He used to run Corkagh park fisheries when it used to be good he's dead sound was fishing on the suck with him think he's one of the treasurers of the Dublin pike angling knows everything bout fishing and will put u in right direction in no time you'll be pullin in serious tench in no time
    Atb

I know, Nice guy. I'll only be starting with roach and perch for the moment :) I can't wait to get out again. We also caught a roach/bream hybrid, It was great fun, I never would have thought fishing could be so simple :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Don't say that you'll jinx urself and not catch anything lol
    Just don't panic if u hook decent fish play it right and remember what u were told and u will be fine don't matter how experienced ya are tho learn something new everyday

Don't say that you'll jinx urself and not catch anything lol
    Just don't panic if u hook decent fish play it right and remember what u were told and u will be fine don't matter how experienced ya are tho learn something new everyday

Yeah, I guess so :)

Well, One of my final comments on this topic, I went out again today and caught a 10 ounce roach. I know it's not amazing but it did me fine. So... I'm not at all good at it but I guess I can say that I can fish now. Again, Just want to thank you guys one final time. Without your's and my tutors help I wouldn't have gone anywhere. Also, I'm learning to fly fish in a few months time as well. Thanks and Goodbye for now :)

Advertisement