Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breakfast Roll vs. Hot Chicken Roll

• 31-03-2012 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭

I can't decide which is best... So I said I'd let Boards argue over it :D

Which do you prefer 109 votes

Breakfast Roll
    0%
    Hot Chicken Roll
    100%
    tony 2 toneFallschirmjagerDrag00n79RabiesomahaidBlistermanj_lennon18SleepynlgbbbblthapplehunterghostchantR0otgaf1983Cutie18IrelandPatricidehumbertdeaddonkeyFeatherscragglesPaparazzo 109 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

CHICKEN ROLL WITH TACO SAUCE!!

I am so hungover, someone bring me one NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Neither for me:

Ciabatta heated in the oven with melted butter, Parma ham and rocket. Simple and delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭bicardi19

How about breakfast roll for breakfast and hot chicken roll for lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

bicardi19 wrote: »

Jaysus you must be made of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Has to be a Hot Chicken Roll with spicy chicken, mayo, lettuce, cheese and tomato, nom nom nom.

• Advertisement

Has to be a Hot Chicken Roll with spicy chicken, mayo, lettuce, cheese and tomato, nom nom nom.

Yup, that'd be my order too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Breakfast roll for breakfast. Spicy Chicken roll for lunch. Simple really and no hard choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Make this poster Taoiseach, has all the solutions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Chicken roll with bacon. Best of both worlds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

You had me until tomato

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    You had me until tomato

And you left out red onion :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Chicken roll, I guess, depends on the time of day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

and a little red onion? and not cut in half?

whats with all deli staff wanting to cut rolls in half, piss off and cut your own roll in half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

€2 hot chicken fillet roll, on a fresh baguette with warm melted marge and some sun dried tomatoes. It's like a warm delicious carby hug melting away yeer hangover.

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    And you left out red onion :pac:

Thats what Im talking about :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Both good, but I'd probably be more likely to get a chicken roll (Had Spicy Chicken Fillet Roll w/ Mayonnaise almost every day in LC).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Adding the obligatory bottle of lucozade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

Way too fat. Porridge is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

Hot chicken roll... spicy chicken with lettuce and mayo... with a bottle of club rock shandy... not un-delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Papa Mios Chicken Baguette, bleedin lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Hot spicy chicken, red onion, mayo and a can of coke.

For those precious few minutes you're digging into the roll, the world is the most beautiful place it could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    and a little red onion? and not cut in half?

whats with all deli staff wanting to cut rolls in half, piss off and cut your own roll in half.

I only put red onion into my order when I get Spicy Chicken, coleslaw and cheese.

It has to be cut in half, way easier to eat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

saa wrote: »
    €2 hot chicken fillet roll, on a fresh baguette with warm melted marge and some sun dried tomatoes. It's like a warm delicious carby hug melting away yeer hangover.

Why do you hate yourself? Do you have any idea how bad margarine is for your body? It's pure transfats that your body can't process and it goes nowhere but clogs up your arteries. Have some nice healthy butter instead.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Make this poster Taoiseach, has all the solutions

Yes lets do that, You can all eat cake/breakfast rolls for a few years and then when you are all paying my big fat pension it will be porridge all the way.

I only put red onion into my order when I get Spicy Chicken, coleslaw and cheese.

It has to be cut in half, way easier to eat :)

Its not though, you get yours cut in half then you sit down open the whole wrapper the roll rolls around you lose some filling you try put it back together and you end up looking like your having a kebab. Meanwhile Ive just opened the roll at one end, peeled the wrapper off the top of the roll and Im working my way down. Maybe even on the move, depends how Im feeling.

iguana wrote: »
    Do you have any idea how bad margarine is for your body? It's pure transfats that your body can't process and it goes nowhere but clogs up your arteries.

Blah blah blah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Blah blah blah.

No the opposite actually. Margarine is has been touted for decades as being a healthy food when it's actually one of the very, very, very, very worst things you can eat. And it tastes disgusting.

Delicious butter has been vilified for those same decades as being unhealthy when actually it's (in moderation) extremely good for you. And it's, as mentioned, delicious.

Well you're right it does taste like crap. But if it cures the hangover of the poster let her have it. Don't spoil it for her/him. It's not like they are eating it by the tub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I'm only back in the door and now ye have me running off to the shops again. Mashed potato, grated cheese, a little chopped onion, and chicken tikka. If god was hungry, that's what he'd order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Get a burrito!!

iguana wrote: »
    Why do you hate yourself? Do you have any idea how bad margarine is for your body? It's pure transfats that your body can't process and it goes nowhere but clogs up your arteries. Have some nice healthy butter instead.

¬,¬ What is your problem don't cha know they don't serve real butter, I have a chicken roll once or twice a year hungover and the occasional session has done more damage than two servings of marg a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

saa wrote: »

What?? My local spar charge €3.99!

Rolli wrote: »
    What?? My local spar charge €3.99!

I know I don't buy lunch out but I know delis are pricey but the busy Spars/Centres in Dublin city centre seem to sell them at that price, sorry for being Dublincentric :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Toothpaste89

Buttered brown roll with southern fried chicken, lettuce and mayo please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Jaysus you must be made of money

I reckon he's made out of bits of rasher, suasage and chicken and walks around smelling of mayonnaise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

has to be spicy chicken,mayo,lettuce,grated cheese and red onion,,,ohh yeaaaaa

To hell with breakfast rolls and hot chicken rolls! Go to your nearest Subway and get a chicken and bacon ranch melt. Chicken strips with bacon, topped with grated cheese and drizzled with ranch sauce on a lovely fresh bread roll...Guaranteed sex wee

Rolli wrote: »
    To hell with breakfast rolls and hot chicken rolls! Go to your nearest Subway and get a chicken and bacon ranch melt. Chicken strips with bacon, topped with grated cheese and drizzled with ranch sauce on a lovely fresh bread roll...Guaranteed sex wee

That's my choice of Subway too :D But you forgot the lettuce & jalapeños :)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

What you need to try, OP, is a beef roll from Superquinn.

You'll thank me later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Hot chicken roll with a bit of ketchup!

• Advertisement

That's my choice of Subway too :D But you forgot the lettuce & jalapeños :)

Jalapeños yes. Lettuce, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Chiken Fillet roll from centra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Hot Chicken Roll
    Hard decision .
    A freshly made Breakfast roll out of a cafe but I would always pick a chicken fillet roll out of a garage or a shop because the breakfast stuff doesnt look or taste good when it's lying there all day whereas with chicken it tastes and looks the same for a good few hours .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Hot Chicken Roll
    Chicken is mostly tasteless but healthier, but rashers, sausages and other fry up contents in a breakfast roll taste so so much better. :pac:

Breakfast roll wins, ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

Can't bate a hot chicken sandwich with mayo and cheese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

My local Spar do a hot chicken fillet roll (choice of spicey or regular - I go for spicey) with lettuce, tomato and onion for €3.75 with a tin of mineral thrown in for free. I add taco sauce to this delicious combo! :)

While I do enjoy a breakfast roll the bacon is usually withered, they put on too much sauce and the egg does be overdone.

This is actually a hard decision.

If your going to Spar get a chicken roll. Ask for a cold chicken roll with butter and cheese.
    Then ask them to heat it up. The butter melts in the roll and the cheese melts onto the chicken. And its like 35 cents cheaper than a normal chicken roll.

If you live near a small café get a breakfast roll with sausages, rashers, white pudding, hash browns and an egg. They always make them much better in a café.

If you live near a Subway get a chicken and bacon ranch melt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I said chicken roll but it really depends what I'm in the mood for!

Absolutely love the taste of a breakfast roll, but rarely eat them as they leave me feeling like a tank for the rest of the day. Chicken roll with a bit of mayo, lettuce, red onion (and sundried tomato if available) can be nom inducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Chicken roll with spicy herbs sizzled in song ship sauce uuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
Advertisement