Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swap magic question

• 31-03-2012 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to modding so go easy on me :D

Does anyone anywhere I can get swap magic or a free mcboot install service?

I've searched everywhere for it and most placed that are referred to buy it are taken down or out of stock?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to modding so go easy on me :D

Does anyone anywhere I can get swap magic or a free mcboot install service?

I've searched everywhere for it and most placed that are referred to buy it are taken down or out of stock?

Most people in here do them kinda stuff, you should ask touching virus or enternow
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Most people in here do them kinda stuff, you should ask touching virus or enternow
    :)

Cheers, I just found out about the agent under fire method, I'm gonna give that a go first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Cheers, I just found out about the agent under fire method, I'm gonna give that a go first!

Thats the method I used to get FMB working, tried countless demo discs etc to no avail. I relented & bought Agent Under Fire on ebay for €2 or something...worked first time :)

I'm reading conflicting answers from people that it works with MGS3, tempted to try it out!

List of confirmed games, & compatibility levels, down the end of the page - http://freemcboot.info/swap.html

You'll also have to buy or make a swap tool if its a Phat model PS2. Making them is easy, an old bank/credit card & a scissors is all you need.

• Advertisement

Cheers! I have a slim model as well. I might try it out on that one first

Cheers! I have a slim model as well. I might try it out on that one first

Sure if it works on your slim, you can use that FMB installation to make a duplicate for your Phat. Thats how people offer that service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

If you post me a PS2 memory card and a SAE I'll do it for you.

Ste- wrote: »
    If you post me a PS2 memory card and a SAE I'll do it for you.

Cheers, I'll keep it in mind.

I'm currently waiting for my 007 game to arrive, the MGS swap trick would not work at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

MGS3 worked for me, but I think it depends on the age of the model. Mine is 3000-something or another, I think. Fat, not slim.

• Advertisement

Mindkiller wrote: »
    MGS3 worked for me, but I think it depends on the age of the model. Mine is 3000-something or another, I think. Fat, not slim.

I think it was the disk tbh, fairly old dvdrw I used. I kept getting errors.

Anyways, I got it to work using Agent Under Fire. :D

Cheers for the help everyone!

Advertisement