Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming@admin.in.th

Options
  • 31-03-2012 4:16pm

So, I just received this MMS, which wasn't fully downloaded by my phone. Anyone know what this could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Got it too and deleted it without downloading the attachment...was sure even before a google search confirmed it that is is scam...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paulfitzy

I recieved that mms about 15 mins ago and just looked it up there. Supposedly it's known as "Scam 419" which is any financial scam traced back to Nigeria. I don't know how they got my number though and that's what annoys me about the whole thing... any ideas?

Or maybe you would like to follow this link to an inheritance fund of $7.2 million :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I just got that message as well, it's strange because I only got the iPhone this morning and this is the only website I've been on.

I don't have an iphone or a smart phone though and I only visited this site after I recieved the message. Strange to say the least...

Did anyone get a second one similar? An MMS from somewhere.

• Advertisement

I didn't, not yet anyway, and hopefully not at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Saph_red

I got this txt too, and another one from 'mostafaahmed2012@hotmail.co.uk, i looked this up too & a number of people have received it, same scam crap. No idea how they get mobile numbers, Ive received 4 msgs now from them. Any idea how to block or keep your number private? Recently been getting lots of calls from Irish Survey companies, ive never had this problem before so my number must be 'out there', how does this happen? I dont have a smart phone & cant even access the web from my piece of crap so im baffled!
    Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 janiceross

I'm not sure what it was or where it came from but I suggest you delete the mms right away. Don't bother downloading the attachment. Most logical thing to do. :D

Advertisement