Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aura Cleansing

Options
  • 31-03-2012 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this belongs here or if not where best to put it, but has anyone ever gotton their aura cleansed? Aunty of mine talking about it earlier and just interested to know if anyone has had it done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

I have but its been years since the last time. My mom gets it done every year or so, the first time was after a bad car crash. She was in Prague and someone mentioned to her that her aura was damaged, she thought he was crazy until he asked had she been in a bad accident really. After the cleansing she felt a lot better about everything in life and went out of her way to go back more than once.

I'd recommend it if the person doing it has a good reputation with working on others. Many things in life can damage or taint your aura, things like alcoholism don't help but many times it happens from car crashes or similar accidents.

It's good to have a strong aura because the more solid it is the harder it is for negative energies to brush off on you and spiritually you will be in a much better state. Don't go for the first person that comes along wait until you get enough feedback and then decide, but from personal experience it can make a lot of difference to how you feel and perceive the world around you. I'd say look for a good Reiki healer versed in aura cleansing and strengthening, that said this thread might be moved to the Spirituality forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Ive had mine cleansed. It was part of an hour long energy healing session so I cant speak for the aura cleanse alone, but I was blown away by the difference I felt after the session. My posture was different and my senses were heightened. These didnt last though, still would go again.

I second lisatiffanys point about looking around and not jumping into a session with the first person you come across. In my opinion a good healer has to have done a lot of work on themselves so that their own energetic boundaries are strong and their ego is in check. Any tom dick or harry can become a 'healer' these days and there are a lot flakes out there that unfortunately give the whole field a bad name....watch out for guru like behaviour!

I would be looking for someone who has qualifications in several modalities with one of them preferably being a primary degree in holistic health / psychotherapy / chiropractic studies, or something along those lines, so that they have a good grounded approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I tried out a healing session from a fella named Arthur Whyte in a hotel in Dublin before. I think he was doing (or supposed to be doing) aura cleansing of some kind because he was waving his hands around in front of me as if he was manipulating a web of invisible string. I could feel heat coming from his direction - and not from anywhere else, funnily enough - which was similar to the sensation you get if you place your hand over a cup of very hot water.

I suppose I felt a bit energised and 'renewed' mentally/emotionally afterwards, which, in turn, made me feel more physically energised. I felt more 'secure' and contained as well - as in, I felt more separate from people around me, but in a good way. I'm not sure if this is making much sense to others, tbh. I really don't know if what I felt afterwards was simply all in my head, or not, but I know I did feel better which, in itself, can't be a bad thing.

BTW, I hadn't tried the healing thing because there was something 'wrong' with me, i.e. post-accident trauma, illness, etc. I was fine at the time, if a bit harangued at the time after moving to a new place.

One thing I'd like to ask other people (and, no, I don't want any smart arse answers) is this: Do you think it's right for someone who calls themselves a healer to charge money for what they do? I mean, if the healing power comes from God (as they often say) and they're just a conduit/channel for that, then how are they in any position to charge for something that isn't even theirs?

I understand how people need to make money to live but, if that's the case, why don't they have a normal job (that provides them with the money to live) and just do a bit of healing on the side then?

I hear some of them say - and psychics/mediums say this too - that the demand for their services was so great, they had to pack in their day job to meet that demand, or they got into healing full-time because they felt it was their 'calling', or whatever.

I just think that's only a cute excuse, so they can go and rake it in because, if you were doing healing on, say, four people per day and charging them €50-100 for it, you'd be an eejit to be slaving away at a regular job for crumbs (comparatively). And it's all tax-free too.

If they're defending how they charge people €50, or whatever it is, for doing healing, they'll always say something like, "We need to eat and have a roof over our heads too," or "It's all an equal exchange of energy. Just as I give energy to the person, money is a form of energy too." My arse. I could easily sit across from an old lady down at the bus station, stare at her, think loving thoughts and wave my hands around the place, imagining I'm cleansing her aura for a half an hour. You could teach a chimpanzee to do that.

Anyway, that's my opinion of it. What do other people think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

I think healers are correct to charge for their service.Why on earth would you do it for free(you`d have a huge que outside your front door).If i could heal people and make a couple of hundred euros a day i`d give up my day job too and i think most people would do the same.Healing power comes from within and not from god.Everybody has the power to heal themselves but it takes time and committment to learn it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I think it's a difficult one. I'm RMT, have never charged and don't practise at all anymore. I personally felt very uncomfortable with the idea of charging so I never did. At the same time, I worked hard on it, I studied, bought books, paid for my attunements etc. A session would take an hour, I wouldn't drink alcohol or eat "bad" foods for a few days before hand and a session rarely ended with the session. Follow up checks to see how they are doing, if they have any questions etc and the likes.

I can fully understand the reason people charge, without a doubt. I just couldn't do it myself. Most (if not all) of the healers I know do a combination of free and charging. They would never turn someone away if they couldn't afford to pay. Most are happy to accept things like a home baked cake or a cutting of plants from the garden. But if you're looking for a session as therapy to make you feel more relaxed, say like a massage or hydrofloat, and you can afford to pay, I think you should.

I hope that makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I don't see why they shouldn't charge. Regardless of whether it's them doing the healing or not, the healing supposedly doesn't occur unless they're involved, so you have the same net result.

You might as well ask if it's acceptable for doctors to charge for their services.

The fact that people don't question doctors charging but are seemingly uneasy about healers charging would suggest that they think there's something dubious about the services healers provide...

I certainly do :) But if you grant healers special powers of this nature, then there's nothing wrong with them charging to use them IMO.

Thanks for everyone's responses. You all made a good point about how the mere fact of the person using their own body to carry out the service, or being involved, warrants a charge.

At the same time, I can understand why some people would feel uncomfortable charging money for it. I suppose it depends on the person, although you'd be smarter to charge for what is essentially your time and energy being used.

That's true about not charging people who simply can't afford to pay - it wouldn't be right. Accepting donations, if people wish to make a donation, or gifts (like a cake, as Whispered said), is a good way to go about it if you only do it part-time and/or have a problem with charging people.

I knew a bloke who used to do that - he ran his own office supplies business for many years, while doing healing on the side, for which he accepted donations only. The sad thing about him was that him working up to 70 hours a week at his regular job, as well as doing healing outside of that (he said he never turned anyone away, so you can imagine the commitment), caused his own health to take the brunt of the toil and, ironically, he was never able to help/heal himself.

He also died with hardly a euro to his name, though I don't think he ever set out to amass wealth; at the same time, I'd say the last thing he wanted was to still be struggling financially like he did right up until he died. He had to sell his house to meet payments for various things, and everything.

So, because of that hardship, I find myself thinking that it would have been smarter for him to charge something for the hours of healing he did during his life.

One interesting thing was that he said he could be performing healing for up to 10 consecutive hours - there'd be one patient/person after another - and he would never feel tired. He said he only felt tired afterwards, or when he was back doing his normal work..

Yeah, I guess the fact that I'd be questioning why a healer should charge money for what they do, as opposed to, say, a doctor or a dentist, must suggest that I doubt their 'ability'. Well, you don't know whether or not they can deliver until you experience it for yourself, as distinct from doctors, who you know have a prescribed, predictable way of working. You know you can expect certain results from them because their profession is more orthodox. Healing is a different story because anyone can establish themselves as a healer and face little questioning (at least, at the beginning anyway).

Sure my father told me that my uncle (my mother's brother) went to San Francisco in the '70s and duped quite a few locals into believing he was a healer with mighty healing powers. They invited him to perform 'healing' in various evangelical centres and churches, and all.

He got away with it for nearly eight months, but they soon copped on and were pretty much baying for his blood apparently. He wisely took a flight out of there, with his pockets more well-lined than they were when he first arrived. Lol. I think he's a bare-faced chancer for doing that - although, to meet him, you wouldn't be at all surprised that he'd do something like that - but I can't help but laugh as well.

If that clown can go and get away with fooling Americans for the best part of a year and rake it in, of course I'd be suspicious of anyone emerging from the woodwork calling themselves a healer. That is, unless/until I see some proof that they're genuine.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

One point on your comment that any payments to healers would be tax free. They should NOT be tax free if they are doing it as a paid job. Income tax should be paid like any other profession. Whether it is or not is a matter between them and Revenue. ;)

Should healers charge? There are two arguments here. One, healing is a gift, freely given, which should be passed on freely. Two, healers do a job, and deserve to be paid for their time like anyone else.

If people dont charge, they can be taken advantage of because of their benevolent nature, and turn into a busy fool (as with the example above). But there is also that sneaky feeling that some dont charge because on some level the healing is not seen as a valid commodity, because you cant quantify what they are doing or the results of same. If healers dont charge, they can hold their hands up and say it doesnt matter if you get benefit or not, because its free. But they still have a responsibility to the people they treat, regardless. They are raising hopes and expectations.

If someone does charge I dont think it is entirely fair either to say its simply for their time. There has to be a benefit to the client. I could charge people to sit in front of me while I recharge their auric batteries by telepathy*, or surround them with spiritual light* or whatever else I say Im doing, but if they go home and feel the same, have I earned the payment?

So the argument on both sides comes down to the same thing for me. Does the healing actually do anything?

*I dont do stuff like this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

i dont think theres anything wrong with a healer charging for services
    im a musician, i get paid for my talents and time when i do functions etc, should i do it for free because its a 'gift'?

in my opinion anyone can be a healer its just whether or not they are any good. at the moment there is no regulatory body making sure someone who is charging for their services have been properly trained in how to use their gift with professional integrity

i have looked at training in psychotherapy several times and there are loads of coarses out there i could do but from what i have learned there are only three or four establishments that will get you 'accreditation' at the end of your studies

qualifications from the others are worth nothing as they are not recognised by the regulatory body. the reason for this is that the regulatory body only regognises courses where the student must do core work on themselves as well as the academic stuff. they only qualify if they have worked through and processed their own issues

its only a healer who has truly healed themselves that can be affective
    in my experience there are a lot of people running away from themselves in the new age scene and this can mean all kinds of craziness where 'healing' is concerned

• Advertisement
Advertisement