Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to Brighton

• 31-03-2012 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi.
    I'm moving to Brighton in september and was just wondering if anyone knows of suitable Soccer or GAA teams in the area I could join to try and make some friends. I should add I'm 18 and planning on moving in order to study.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

Not any help but...

Brighton is an amazing place and you'll love it! I've spent many days and nights out and about, from comedy clubs to night clubs, funky shops and miles of sea!

A really fab place to live. Hope someone can help out with your GAA search! Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Supermac3

If you're gonna go look for property to rent around brighton then dont post an ad on gumtree. you'll end up getting scammers like i did! look at this for an e mail reply i got haha!

the guy is posing as a "john smith" and his e mail address is

john.smith2908@yahoo.com

so watch out if you get anything from this address

Hello Paul,

My Property is Located at Western Road ,East Sussex,Brighton BN1 2HA, United Kingdom and my property is fully furnished and I can remove my furnitures from my property if you are looking for an unfurnished property,You can also stay in my property for as long as you wish,This is my contact number 07024030566 and Viewing my property is not a problem but you have to prove that you can afford the rent before you can view my property.I was discussing with my Solicitor about the idea on how i will be so sure that i will not just waste my time to arrange a viewing for you and He advised that we can work out something via Western Union Money Transfer.He said that Western Union Money Transfer can actually hold the money as an evidence, He gave me an option on what we can do since you have the funds at hand which will be explained below:

PROCEDURE:

1) Transfer the the amount £1,200 (1 month rent and security deposit) to your friend in United Kingdom.
    Your Name (as Sender) to your Friend (as Receiver) in United Kingdom .

2) Scan & Send a copy of the Western Union transaction receipt as a proof of the transaction or mail me the transaction details. (The money is safe as it is only your Friend that can pick the money Up .after My solicitor have confirm that the money is with the western union,I will arrange a Viewing for you

3) Then, we will meet for viewing.

4) If you decide to take the property, we will go to any local Western Union office close to my property and pick up the money and pay me. (You don't need to come with cash to view, after viewing we will go together, your friend will pick the money Up and then you can pay the rent to me.

5) Keys will be handed over to you after signing the contracts.

I am pretty sure that the transaction at Western Union office will require some charges, i will definitely refund the Western Union charges back to you upon viewing .

I only want to be sure that i am not going to waste my time this time around and i think with this condition, both of us can be sure we are not wasting our time.

Let me know if you are okay with this so that we can proceed. Thanks so much while i will be waiting to read from you and i am looking forward to meet you and be great friends eventually.

NB: PLS DO NOT MAKE PAYMENT TO ME OR IN MY NAME, WHAT I NEED IS JUST AN EVIDENCE THAT YOU HAVE THE CASH TO PAY ONCE YOU HAVE VIEWED.

John.

Fcukn scammers

Advertisement