Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New clan logos, NO CHAT

Options
  • 31-03-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

No chat just your images please

stock-illustration-8875143-fighting-irish.jpgOR celticsham.gif
    luck-celtic-shamrock-blessing.jpg or tumblr_m0g3b7FYBO1qbjokmo1_400.jpg
    A4054E-lg.jpg

With this as a logo ?

or this just for my son dio
    darth-vader-daddy.jpg?w=529

or this just for Bruffio
    Irish_flag_english_flag_map_style.PNG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I don't know whether a new logo has been decided on yet.

But I'd been working on one recently - its been in my sig and Avatar.

Its basically a Celtic Trinity Knot in a green circle.

Its symbolic, and keeps to the roots of the clan.

Just a suggestion anyway - here's a large version:
    744c8.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Arrawin

I don't know whether a new logo has been decided on yet.

But I'd been working on one recently - its been in my sig and Avatar.

Its basically a Celtic Trinity Knot in a green circle.

Its symbolic, and keeps to the roots of the clan.

Just a suggestion anyway - here's a large version:
    744c8.png

I like it !

Arrawin wrote: »
    I like it !

TY Arrawin.

I found a guys trinity knot design on deviantart , retouched, it, bastard-ised it. and sort of mounted it on a shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ftt_frank

lol check this out!
    wotm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Like it mate, Very nice.
    But too much detail i think, especially when its shrank to 1/10 its size .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Diotoir

here a pic of our history we were once call the gallowglassgallowglass_tile_coaster.jpg?color=NA&height=460&width=460

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Absolutely love it, i will use that personally, too much small detail for logo unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Here's an idea I had today. Some of us have expressed the idea that the logo should reflect a bit of unity in the clan or history of the clan.

That used to be with the boards logo but that started to change with the arrival of the Iron Immortals and others.

Why don't we try to do both but in a different way. What about every member choosing a picture, to go into a type of mosaic of a final image that's viable on the map.
    We could have the full size images and a bit of a story about why they were chosen on our new forum. A nice group project, and every new member gets to add a picture to the main.

Maybe continue on new forum
    http://clanname.enjin.com/forum/m/4923988/viewthread/2723714-new-logo

BTW - Graham, that would be a nice idea, but probably completely impractical to implement.

It reminds of a job a friend of mine was doing a couple of years ago (in the boom); a company approached his design agency about creating a brochure to contain a full listing of all of the company's employee's, including pictures and some brief details about each.

The problem as there was about 200 of them, and employees kept leaving / new ones joining etc.

Each time there was a change, my friends design agency got notification to make the respective changes to the brochure, and sent it back for them to proof. But by the time they'd get it back, there would be more changes to be made.

No joke, this went on for 1 and a half years before it was finally canned, with a total design bill of around 80k - and not 1 copy of the brochure was ever printed!

So, while a nice idea in theory, it could never really come to fruition.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

a little butchery of dios.
    The gallowglass or galloglass – from Irish: gallóglaigh (plural), gallóglach (singular) – were a class of elite mercenary warriors who principally were members of the Norse-Gaelic clans of Scotland between the mid 13th century and late 16th century. As Scots, they were Gaels and shared a common background and language with the Irish, but as they had intermarried with the 10th century Norse settlers of western Scotland, the Irish called them Gall Gaeil ("foreign Gaels"). Large numbers of gallowglass septs settled in Ireland after being dispossessed of their lands in Scotland for choosing the wrong sides in the Wars of Scottish Independence. The first and probably most famous of these were the McSweeneys, (who unlike most were said to be of native Irish ancestry) settled originally by the O’Donnells in west Donegal. These were followed by McDonnells, McCabes and several other groups settled by powerful Irish nobles in different areas. The gallowglass' attraction was they were a heavily armoured trained aristocratic infantry who could be relied on for a strong defence to hold a position, whereas most Irish foot soldiers were lower class less well armoured troops than the Irish nobility who typically fought as cavalry. In time there came to be many native Irish gallowglass as the term came to mean a type of warrior rather than an ethnic designation.
    glasslogo1.jpg

• Advertisement

^^ was gonna suggest something similar too with just the bust.

Still think it may need to be simplified a little.

Also - I noticed that image is a coaster design by some company, so just might wanna be careful its not copyrighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Does anyone know the full details on how a logo is submitted. Are there different sizes that can be submitted (if so that would allow us to tweak stuff as the logo gets smaller) or is just one sized image submitted and Wargaming scales it down as necessary? If so what size does this image need to be?

*according to the forums 64x64, 32x32 and 24x24 are the 3 sizes that need to be submitted.

Below is the galowglass rezied and scaled - needs some pixel tweaking on the lower res ones especially on the transparent edges but I think it looks reasonable.
    http://imgur.com/a/2lEtD

AgeNr.png
    fLvoQ.png
    XE01H.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Zappa021

i know it's simple but i feel it's recognisable.

Advertisement