Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which design / developer route?

Options
  • 31-03-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi guys

I have built about 10 sites, mainly using CMS such as joomla and wordpress.

My question is i'm not really sure what is the best way to build my new site this time.

I have built flash sites and CMS sites but for whatever reason not a standard html site as i was told to use joomla about a year ago or more.

ive a very broad range or skills but want to find a specific path from now on of which i build my sites.

i like the idea of the high class flash sites ive done which look cool but all this stuff about SEO and that its hard to intergrate them fully in CMS like joomla.

I'm building a new company website doing it a different way starting with a custom build page in photoshop which i was thinking of converting to joomla via html, the site will be for standard company site linked to a seperate site with an ecommerce shop.

What do you guys think the best tools are these days for high quality sites?

HTML 5 CMS or flash?

Also this is the first time ive made a site in photoshop which i need to slice to and code in html before i can convert to a joomla theme (what ive been told)
    im keen to learn more so i dont mind learning anything else and i dont want to just go for the simplest option so what do you think the best route / tools are?

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

There's no point investing in learning any more Flash. It's more or less a dead platform.

Learn HTML, CSS and "HTML5". This will allow you to work better with CMS tools like Joomla to customize it further than you can at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

Cheers for the advice.

Its a shame about flash as i''ve gotten good with it!

so HTML 5 is the way to go i hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭DizzyOC

Flash Is Trash.

Advertisement