Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

haven't been banned from the thread yet

......unlike certain other posters.

Yeah alistar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

Maybe his family would be happy that he put food on their table rather than on some German bondholder's table. People have gone to prison in the past for honourable purposes.

not paying money back that is owed,,,,,is that honourable ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It is when compared to making him pay someone else's debts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

If enda & co started honouring and respecting the people of Ireland, putting the Irish people before unsecured bondholders, it would suit them better!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

I bow to your superior knowledge

Rightly so.
    Let's imagine for a minute you're right though, and the whole EU collapses.

OK. Let's imagine I actually said that - even though I didn't :rolleyes:
    The spending cuts and tax rises which would be required to balance the books would make the Household Charge look like the Teddy Bear's Picnic.

Half true!
    Never mind Bill, you've probably got your little survivalist compound up the mountains somewhere, with enough guns and canned goods to see you through, eh?

So, you "reasoning" is reduced to this! :)
    Or are you **** off, while sitting in the comfort of your little first world bubble, posting radical-chic bollox on forums?

Funny (not) but I got banned by a Dr Bolliko for a (rather less offensive) personal attack than that. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

haven't been banned from the thread yet

......unlike certain other posters.

Mod: Black Francis and Gerry077 banned.
    So that streak is over.
    Wild Bill wrote: »
    Funny (not) but I got banned by a Dr Bolliko for a (rather less offensive) personal attack than that. :mad:

You spelt my name wrong. You get the reasons why I banned you wrong. This doesn't say much for your credibility going forward.

You spelt my name wrong. You get the reasons why I banned you wrong. This doesn't say much for your credibility going forward.

I doubt that spelling your "name" incorrectly says anything about my credibility. Didn't you have a sticky about spelling (and grammar) Nazis?

On the other issue we must disagree. I'll say no more lest the "back seat Mod" rule is invoked ;)

I see there are 1,200 prison places being created for the non-payers.
    They would prefer to release armed robbers who were sentenced to up to 8 years to try and make us pay up.
    I'm still not scared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Larry Murphy paid his...... so he's ok.
    Little old Missus O'Reilly down the road may have to go to prison though.
    Great little country isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

What the hell are you on. about?

• Advertisement

dvpower wrote: »
    What the hell are you on. about?

Just potboiling. It's getting too quiet for me in here.

Just potboiling. It's getting too quiet for me in here.

Something a bit more subtle next time. Hogan hasn't paid his or the cost of collection is more than the amount raised. Something like that.

Edit: You could quote this post out of context if it would help.

Something a bit more subtle next time. Hogan hasn't paid his or the cost of collection is more than the amount raised. Something like that.

Edit: You could quote this post out of context if it would help.

What about "Release Barabbas and jail the Household Tax renegers" ?

What about "Release Barabbas and jail the Household Tax renegers" ?

Meh. Needs a bit more work.

I am disgusted by the threats now being used to get us to vote "Yes" in the Referendum. This is just another scandalous tactic being used by Noonan and F.G. who are becoming the dirtiest party imaginable.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0501/referendum-vote-will-impact-budget-noonan.html

I have now decided to vote "No" because of this kind of tactic.

Were you previously going to vote "Yes"? :eek:

Were you previously going to vote "Yes"? :eek:

Was undecided. Mulling.

208beyp.gif
    Interesting chart posted in Irish Economy showing a correlation between counties with a low compliance level with the HHC and recipients of social transfers.

Seems that the very people who refuse to pay their taxes are the people who spend more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,650 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I am disgusted by the threats now being used to get us to vote "Yes" in the Referendum. This is just another scandalous tactic being used by Noonan and F.G. who are becoming the dirtiest party imaginable.

dirtier than Brian Cowen and Bertie - that would take some doing :confused:

the feckin mess was created on Berties and Cowens watch - their the real scumbags IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭Hijpo

People dont want them being able to access extra "emergency" funding they want them to sort out the spending now, which they are not doing.

Cut all the dead weight pensions, tax breaks for politicians, wage increases to senior civil servants and any other needless costs.

Its like burning money, then borrowing more to keep the fire lighting.

• Advertisement

thebaz wrote: »
    dirtier than Brian Cowen and Bertie - that would take some doing :confused:

the feckin mess was created on Berties and Cowens watch - their the real scumbags IMO

I agree but F.G. and Labour are also getting there and fast.
    Scare tactics often get peoples backs up and could backfire on them.

It's the same Baldy Noonan who said two months ago that talk of Ireland needing a second bailout was "ludicrous" who now says vote "yes" 'cos we'll need one!

You couldn't make this stuff.

FF in their darkest hours were never as cynical and incompetent and contemptuous of democracy as this shower. :mad:

Wild Bill wrote: »
    It's the same Baldy Noonan who said two months ago that talk of Ireland needing a second bailout was "ludicrous" who now says vote "yes" 'cos we'll need one!

You couldn't make this stuff.

FF in their darkest hours were never as cynical and incompetent and contemptuous of democracy as this shower. :mad:

The new French P.M. will sort it all out for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Should be interesting to see what he says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0501/referendum-vote-will-impact-budget-noonan.html

Me too, disgusted at the threats "our" politicians are coming out with...who the f*ck do they think they are???...WE PAY THEIR WAGES AND HUGE PENSIONS!!....THEY WORK FOR US!!....there is an incredible amount of anger out there and our useless government are oblivious to this or else they just couldn't care less....for the past 3 years I have been saying the gov. needed to implement massive spending cuts and do it asap.... however, I now believe it is too late to save this country regardless of what those useless f*ckers in the dail do now.....very interesting times ahead...gl all

hondasam wrote: »
    Should be interesting to see what he says.
    Very much so, with yet another (Austerity) leader replaced in the EU, the message that austerity isn't popular must be getting through to the politicians. I was looking at a video from an economist for the Financial times who claimed that the only "solution" to the current Eurozone problems would be for countries like Germang & Holland to "depress" their economies so they fall back to the same levels as the other countries as growth is impossible.

I don't think that any of this will have much of an effect on the household charge though.

Very much so, with yet another (Austerity) leader replaced in the EU, the message that austerity isn't popular must be getting through to the politicians.
    Austerity isnt popular you say? We should vote for more popular policies - that's worked for us in the past.:eek:

:pac:

Austerity isnt popular you say? We should vote for more popular policies - that's worked for us in the past.:eek:

It's more to do with rejecting politicians who put the 1% before the 99% in terms of sharing the pain.

Just like when the the cash was flowing as well of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

208beyp.gif
    Interesting chart posted in Irish Economy showing a correlation between counties with a low compliance level with the HHC and recipients of social transfers.
    So if one county had 100% employment, and another had 40% employment, you would find it interesting that the full employment one is more likely to pay newly introduced taxes, with no allowances made for ability to pay?
    Seems that the very people who refuse to pay their taxes are the people who spend more of them.
    Or that cant afford newly introduced taxes as easily as those that cant wait to see this new tax increased. Its all so equally easy for everyone to pay, is`t it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement