Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

gerryo777 wrote: »
    People whose cheques were dated March 31st had them sent back.
    The old trick of past dating the cheque to try and avoid penalties. The payment had to be received by 31 March, not just dated 31 March - our eagle eyed public servants weren't going to let the hard pressed compliant taxpayer be scammed by that trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭Hijpo

what about the time it took the hard workin public servants to open the mail??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

dvpower wrote: »
    The old trick of past dating the cheque to try and avoid penalties. The payment had to be received by 31 March, not just dated 31 March - our eagle eyed public servants weren't going to let the hard pressed compliant taxpayer be scammed by that trick.

You haven't lost it dv, I'll give you that.
    Still the same old tripe.

Hijpo wrote: »
    what about the time it took the hard workin public servants to open the mail??

Open the mail, look at it, have a coffee, notice the cheque is dated for the deadline day, call supervisor, have another coffee while waiting for supervisor, have a chat about the weekend/match, decide to annoy the taxpayers who pay their wages by sending the cheque back, pop it in an envelope, waste more of taxpayers money paying for postage,envelopes etc etc.

Our great PS system at it's best.

BTW, did anyone notice that most of the people phoning the JD show were old people and most of them were afraid of what might happen to them.

Well done Phil, you thug!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

dvpower wrote: »

Well here's one person who hasn't tried to scam the public servants with any trick. I still didn't pay and won't. This tax will fail.

• Advertisement

Well here's one person who hasn't tried to scam the public servants with any trick. I still didn't pay and won't. This tax will fail.

Ditto.

I'm 44 years on this planet and I've never heard of 'past dating' a cheque.
    Maybe I've had a very sheltered life.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Notice the undemocratic Regime, who were daily totting up the numbers who had paid - have remained totally silent about this extortion since they announced the referendum?

I wonder why?:rolleyes:

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Notice the undemocratic Regime, who were daily totting up the numbers who had paid - have remained totally silent about this extortion since they announced the referendum?

They sent Big phil on a holiday to Portugal until this is over, maybe he's paying his bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Shill powers required elsewhere it seems.
    Gotta sway that vote to YES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

They want to get the referendoom passed. Soon as that's over is all bad news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Open the mail, look at it, have a coffee, notice the cheque is dated for the deadline day, call supervisor, have another coffee while waiting for supervisor, have a chat about the weekend/match, decide to annoy the taxpayers who pay their wages by sending the cheque back, pop it in an envelope, waste more of taxpayers money paying for postage,envelopes etc etc.

Our great PS system at it's best.

BTW, did anyone notice that most of the people phoning the JD show were old people and most of them were afraid of what might happen to them.

Well done Phil, you thug!

Dont the PS pay taxes too? Or are they exempt?

Sounds to me like people are complaining that they have to pay the late fees now, despite the fact they were told they would have to pay these if they didnt pay before the deadline, well boo hoo for them!!

ROFL

donalg1 wrote: »
    ROFL

I did that last night too while watching Vincent Brown baiting that fool of a leader you admire so much.
    Anyway please tell me where they have hidden Hulk ?

I did that last night too while watching Vincent Brown baiting that fool of a leader you admire so much.

Where did I say I admire him?

All I said was that I was Rolling on the floor laughing at the idea that there are still people here that think this charge will be abolished. Absolutely delusional but hilarious all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I

where ever it is I hope he stays there.

All I said was that I was Rolling on the floor laughing at the idea that there are still people here that think this charge will be abolished. Absolutely delusional but hilarious all the same.

It might be abolished yet, you would never know what Enda will do.

Dont the PS pay taxes too? Or are they exempt?

Sounds to me like people are complaining that they have to pay the late fees now, despite the fact they were told they would have to pay these if they didnt pay before the deadline, well boo hoo for them!!

Oh dear!:rolleyes:

hondasam wrote: »

If by abolished you mean that it will be replaced by a full blown property tax then yeah you are probably right.

Oh dear!:rolleyes:

Everything ok there Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Has anyone got reminders or demands for payment yet, or are they saving them until after the referendum?

Also, have they reported yet on how many of the postal payments were actually receipts for donations to Crumlin's Children Hospital and not payments at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

If by abolished you mean that it will be replaced by a full blown property tax then yeah you are probably right.

I am assuming people that haven't paid will still have to stump up the fee including any late charges they are now incurring.

• Advertisement

Firefox11 wrote: »
    I am assuming people that haven't paid will still have to stump up the fee including any late charges they are now incurring.

I wouldnt be too sure about that as they are two seperate things but then who knows maybe they will try and include it or they will just leave the charge against the property.

Either that or they will take into account the money they couldnt collect under the Household Charge and will incorporate that into the property tax by adding a levy of some nominal fee on to everyones property tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tim9002

jimoc wrote: »
    Has anyone got reminders or demands for payment yet, or are they saving them until after the referendum?

Heard someone from the local government services agency on the radio the other day and he said it would be July before payment demands were sent out.

hondasam wrote: »

Maybe if Enda was told to abolish the Household Tax or else go on the Vincent Browne Show. That would surely work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Either that or they will take into account the money they couldnt collect under the Household Charge and will incorporate that into the property tax by adding a levy of some nominal fee on to everyones property tax.

Is this another scaremongering kite from FG or just speculation, Donal?

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Is this another scaremongering kite from FG or just speculation, Donal?

Well its obviously speculation as is clear from the rest of the post you left out in your quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

im glad, thought big phil had been out on the hustings threatening people that "we'll make you pay your neighbours charges too!".

im glad, thought big phil had been out on the hustings threatening people that "we'll make you pay your neighbours charges too!".

Hopefully they will, 'cause I won't pay it.

If they're that foolish with their money they won't mind paying mine.

Hopefully they will, 'cause I won't pay it.

If they're that foolish with their money they won't mind paying mine.

Good lad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Phil Hogan and the rest of the blue-shirts should be pelted with rotten eggs everytime they are seen in public. They lied to us at election time and therefore don't deserve anything else.

• Advertisement

Good lad

It's 'good chap' if you don't mind.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement