Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Is "big Phil" allowed back out of his box yet?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 20,962 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Glenalla wrote: »
    In Sundays Business Post yesterday

Revenue set to collect property tax

10 June 2012 by Cliff Taylor
    The Revenue Commissioners look set to be given the role of collecting the new property tax, meaning it can be deducted from PAYE incomes.

Not exactly new news, it was in the papers in April as well. And they are one of the bodies named in the legislation as entitled to share and exchange data for the purposes of enforcement of the law.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2012/0403/1224314298666.html

The latest Revenue defaulters list is out today, another €130 million in taxes penalties and interest due from people who thought they were getting away with it. I see a doctor in Cavan owed €900,000 originally in tax but finished up paying €1.9 million. People who did not pay their €100 will likely finish up paying a lot more in the long run even if it has to wait until their property changes hands.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/press/2012/pr-120612-defaulters-list.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

kwalshe wrote: »
    I will go postal if they try to take anything else out of my measly wages. My disposible income I have left every week in €12.82

I hear ya, bro, but they won't be happy until that is a -12.82.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

Not exactly new news, it was in the papers in April as well. And they are one of the bodies named in the legislation as entitled to share and exchange data for the purposes of enforcement of the law.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2012/0403/1224314298666.html

The latest Revenue defaulters list is out today, another €130 million in taxes penalties and interest due from people who thought they were getting away with it. I see a doctor in Cavan owed €900,000 originally in tax but finished up paying €1.9 million. People who did not pay their €100 will likely finish up paying a lot more in the long run even if it has to wait until their property changes hands.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/press/2012/pr-120612-defaulters-list.html[/QUOTE]

DX, will they also deduct it from social welfare payments?....the unemployed are not exempt....will they deduct it from pensions, carers allowances, blind persons disability etc. etc. ....they are ALL liable !!!

thanks for all those links.....sounds to me that all this pro hhc propaganda really turns you on .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

The latest Revenue defaulters list is out today, another €130 million in taxes penalties and interest due from people who thought they were getting away with it.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/press/2012/pr-120612-defaulters-list.html

People have like really stopped ''Illegal selling of tobacco''. Great job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,759 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hulk Hogan gone to a conference in Rio for a week at 830 dollars a night in hotel. He also has 6 officials with him obviously at same cost. Another junket at tax payers expense. Our ministers are not worried about spending our money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Hulk Hogan gone to a conference in Rio for a week at 830 dollars a night in hotel. He also has 6 officials with him obviously at same cost. Another junket at tax payers expense. Our ministers are not worried about spending our money.

Ah FFS that's 40,670 euro without flights or expense accounts :eek:

These people are really having a laugh at this stage, talk about rubbing the public's nose in it. :mad::mad:

anyone notice how the term "house hold charge" or "hhc2 is quickly being replaced with "property tax" !
    we all knew that this is what it was going to be next year, but many still paid anyway, it was only €100 after all or €2 a week according to BIG PHIL (who is in Rio, Brazil, at the mo, his hotel room is costing US over $800 a night !! )
    Do not believe one word from the Gubberment !!...they are playing us for fools.
    well done all who paid your house hold charge property tax, you have helped those B*STARDS in gubberment bend you over and take it like the sheep you are....well done, the next generation will not thank you for this believe me....try explaining it to them...you cowards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    anyone notice how the term "house hold charge" or "hhc2 is quickly being replaced with "property tax" !
    we all knew that this is what it was going to be next year, but many still paid anyway, it was only €100 after all or €2 a week according to BIG PHIL (who is in Rio, Brazil, at the mo, his hotel room is costing US over $800 a night !! )
    Do not believe one word from the Gubberment !!...they are playing us for fools.
    well done all who paid your house hold charge property tax, you have helped those B*STARDS in gubberment bend you over and take it like the sheep you are....well done, the next generation will not thank you for this believe me....try explaining it to them...you cowards

That`s because they know we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

“We need everyone to work together to create the future we want,” United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said today

Are you listening Phil?

• Advertisement

if those robbers in government try to deduct this from pay , should they not also deduct it from social welfare payments ?
    they are also talking about witholding a given amount from every taxpayer and putting the onus on the taxpayer to claim back any overpayment !!!....ie. getting us to do all their work !!!

IF, this happens, mass protest should be organised on the streets, civil disobedience could be what this country needs.....probably never happen though....fighting Irish my ars€.....only fighting when we're drunk

robbie7730 wrote: »
    That`s because they know we are.

robbie..... very true , I suppose we deserve all we get....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Opticom

That's Fiasco Phil for you.

So that's where he's been hiding out. I notice FG have been trying their best to keep him away from the media since the household charge fiasco.

Every time he opens his mouth, thousands more resolve not to pay their household charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

It seem our Italian friends are also refusing to pay the new property tax.

Taxing primary residences is profoundly unfair,” said Rossella Ronconi, a 54-year-old who works for a tourism promoter and owns an apartment in Rome. “It should be an inalienable right

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-20/italians-openly-dodge-property-tax-in-test-for-monti-s-austerity.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Am Chile wrote: »
    It seem our Italian friends are also refusing to pay the new property tax.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-20/italians-openly-dodge-property-tax-in-test-for-monti-s-austerity.html

Trying to put the lean on the big economies now. Some set of balls on these cnuts.

Christine Legarde calls for the Greeks to pay their taxes but surprise, surprise, she does not pay any taxes herself. Hypocrites in the extreme are our European bosses
    http://www.bloomberg.com/video/93668419-lagarde-blasts-tax-evaders-but-pays-no-taxes.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Christine Legarde calls for the Greeks to pay their taxes but surprise, surprise, she does not pay any taxes herself. Hypocrites in the extreme are our European bosses
    http://www.bloomberg.com/video/93668419-lagarde-blasts-tax-evaders-but-pays-no-taxes.html

Respect for authority -10 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Sometimes you just gotta laugh!

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Sometimes you just gotta laugh!

Gerry if you really want a laugh then read this. It's from 2008 I believe but can you find one thing they have changed since they got into power?
    http://www.bublin.eu/ripoff/ripoff.php?id=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Gerry if you really want a laugh then read this. It's from 2008 I believe but can you find one thing they have changed since they got into power?
    http://www.bublin.eu/ripoff/ripoff.php?id=1

notice how the two gob****es are looking up at the list laughing, funny fcukers.............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Good god the same handful of people here still banging on about the household charge aren't you bored yet? It's only the ones that haven't paid or are claiming not to have paid so there aren't even two sides to the discussion anymore ridiculous.

donalg1 wrote: »
    Good god the same handful of people here still banging on about the household charge aren't you bored yet? It's only the ones that haven't paid or are claiming not to have paid so there aren't even two sides to the discussion anymore ridiculous.

Where were you, debriefing or being reprogrammed? I kinda missed ya.

Yea, dunno what happened to dv and frannie and the likes, I suppose like any one of FG/Lab's pre-election promises, they've just disappeared into the ether....

Don't think alastair has posted since his ban, he's stuck rattling on about cars.

We should have a reunion, maybe meet up some night and talk about our glory days......

Yea, dunno what happened to dv and frannie and the likes, I suppose like any one of FG/Lab's pre-election promises, they've just disappeared into the ether....

Or they paid the charge and are over it now. Yourself and tayto have been here for months now high living each others drivel but sure whatever makes you happy.

You never thanked each others last posts you had better do it quick before you fall out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

high living

Anything you want to tell us donal?

Or they paid the charge and are over it now. Yourself and tayto have been here for months now high living each others drivel but sure whatever makes you happy.

You never thanked each others last posts you had better do it quick before you fall out.

Ah Donal, don't be like that.

Come back to me in a year when it's costing you a grand or more a year and tell me your still happy with it.

Remember, 800,000 or so still haven't paid this discriminatory tax.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

That was down to 650,000 at the beginning of this month.

That was down to 650,000 at the beginning of this month.

I stand corrected.
    That's still a hell of a lot of people though.
    Even if it was down to 100,000 people, that's a hell of a lot of court cases etc.

When the real annual cost is announced next year I reckon more people won't pay, they'll know who they are but sure as the saying goes ' you can't get blood out of a stone'.

There's nothing left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

bgrizzley wrote: »
    notice how the two gob****es are looking up at the list laughing, funny fcukers.............

They are actually laughing out at us the public and continue to laugh at us.:mad:

• Advertisement

Ah Donal, don't be like that.

Come back to me in a year when it's costing you a grand or more a year and tell me your still happy with it.

Broken record much. Where'd I say I was happy with it Gerry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement