Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

I'm tempted to say what I'd like to do to him with his €100 tie - but I'd probably get banned.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Noreen1 wrote: »
    I'm tempted to say what I'd like to do to him with his €100 tie - but I'd probably get banned.:D
    Durty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Is there any point arguing about people being unable to pay the charge without any figures on just how many people would be unable to afford it?

According to donal, this thread established the fact that everyone in the country has disposable income.

I wonder then, how did mortgage and utility bill arrears occur, was it because every person in this position went and bought iphones and watched tv instead of paying their bills?

dvpower wrote: »
    Durty.

I was thinking along the lines of hanging the tie from the nearest overhanging tree branch - with a certain politician still wearing it.:D:D:p

donalg1 wrote: »
    So the company you work for is indicative of every other company in Ireland, sorry I didnt realise that.

Funny that.

You seem to think you`re situation, is indicative of everyone else`s.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Does it involve the lamp posts outside the Dail...by any chance???:D

Durty.

We can include you too,if you wish??
    Im sure we can make space for one more.;)

Im sure "Big Phil" will appreciate your "patriotism" right to the end.

Are An Post on a go slow with all these warning letters then or what????;)

paddy147 wrote: »
    Are An Post on a go slow with all these warning letters then or what????;)

I got one.

O actually no, that was for the tv licence. dvpower was right after all, I am evading the rte tax for a few days.

Actually now that I think about it, I`m using a projector.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Does it involve the lamp posts outside the Dail...by any chance???:D

Well, in the absence of a good, old fashioned tree... I could be persuaded to improvise, I suppose.:p:p:D

• Advertisement

Well, in the absence of a good, old fashioned tree... I could be persuaded to improvise, I suppose.:p:p:D

If there aint enough trees,we can get in a few horses (just like in the old wild west).;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭Hijpo

jesus dont use a tree, if the branch breaks they will have to up the HHC to fund the LA to replant new ones.

Also,does anyone know if "Big Phil Hogan" has paid his own property fees and taxes yet??

He keeping very stum quiet on that one,isnt he???;):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Why the **** do this shower need 10,000 silk ties and a similar amount of silk scarves for the 'ladies'.

10,000??? that's 10,000 folks, of each!!!

Even if they get them at a fiver each, that's €100,000.

€100,000

You really couldn't write this stuff.
    The arrogance and contempt this government show the electorate is stunning, simply stunning.

Haughey will never be dead, if you pulled Kenny's face off you'll find Charlie's!

Think I'll e-mail the troika and let them know..

Here's another one out for tender for enda's county.

http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=JUN356336&catID=7

Not to exceed €200,000 ex V.A.T.!

Keep an eye on etenders.gov.ie, you'll see what your money is been wasted on.

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Here's another one out for tender for enda's county.

http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=JUN356336&catID=7

Not to exceed €200,000 ex V.A.T.!

Keep an eye on etenders.gov.ie, you'll see what your money is been wasted on.
    You trawled eTenders and that's the best you can come up with as an example of government waste?

What has it to do with Local Authority funding anyway?

About as much as the household tax, which is of course is being used to (in)directly fund the bailout!

You trawled eTenders and that's the best you can come up with as an example of government waste?

Have you run out of lovely words and excuxses to defend Phil Hogan now that you see he is a crook and a non fee paying person himself????

Looks like it to me.;):D

Jesus, even when I put dv under the bridge I can still see his silly little trollish remarks when someone else quotes him.

Like a bad smell, it's hard to get rid of bull****e.

His myopic ramblings are all over boards.ie.

Ah well,we'll carry on....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Why the **** do this shower need 10,000 silk ties and a similar amount of silk scarves for the 'ladies'.

10,000??? that's 10,000 folks, of each!!!

Even if they get them at a fiver each, that's €100,000.

€100,000

You really couldn't write this stuff.
    The arrogance and contempt this government show the electorate is stunning, simply stunning.

Haughey will never be dead, if you pulled Kenny's face off you'll find Charlie's!

Think I'll e-mail the troika and let them know..

The majority of the country couldn't give a flying fcuk about the wastage that is happening, unfortunately. Or might care but they will do sweet fcuk all and more than likely comply to the sh1te that is handed down from the government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

That's fcuked up. He did 4 years teaching back in the early 70s and he is entitled to a 130,000 a year pension from his teaching days. Not to mention his politicians pension on top of that.

ilovesleep wrote: »
    That's fcuked up. He did 4 years teaching back in the early 70s and he is entitled to a 130,000 a year pension from his teaching days. Not to mention his politicians pension on top of that.

Great little country, isn't it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

mod:
    Gerryo banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

That's scandalous!
    “Having refused to answer questions about his teaching pension for over a week he has now admitted that he deliberately deferred it in order to get a bigger payout. It now appears that he will get paid 3 pensions – TD, minister and teacher and that he will get the teaching pension for 34 years service even though he didn’t set foot in a classroom for 30 of those years.”

Politicians looking after themselves instead of the people they're meant to serve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

If I had to pay it I wouldn't bother. There are so many people not paying it what are they going to do stick everyone in jail, deduct it from the wages of 10,000 households, that assuming they have wages coming in.

Unfortunately I was always one for saying people should pay their taxes but not when they're going to the banks.:mad:

I notice that DV Power is able to come on here and "thank" some peoples posts (post 3925),but yet he wont confront any post thats put to him and shows how dodgey and crooked Phil Hogan really is.

All the blatant (2 fingered salute to the public attitude) use/wastage of tax payers money on lavish holidays and expenses,his avoidence of paying HIS OWN property taxes and fees.

Why wont he confront and respond to all the posts highlighting how dodgey and crooked Phil Hogan is??

Enda Kenny chose to defer drawing down a pension that he earned while teaching until he actually retires rather than taking it now and this is why we can't balance the budget?

Meanwhile hundreds of thousands of people evade their taxes, but that apparantly has no impact at all?

You inhabit a mixed up reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Enda Kenny chose to defer drawing down a pension that he earned while teaching until he actually retires rather than taking it now and this is why we can't balance the budget?

Meanwhile hundreds of thousands of people evade their taxes, but that apparantly has no impact at all?

You inhabit a mixed up reality.

Why does he need three bloody pensions? it doesnt matter when he can draw them down, why does he need three? Why do any of them need more than one??

How do you sit there and defend this s***e?

If you saw a chap begging and you gave him a fiver then he walked across the road and drove off in a merc, would you give him another fiver?
    he deliberately deferred it in order to get a bigger payout
    It now appears that he will get paid 3 pensions – TD, minister and teacher
    already admitting to having taken a quarter of million in severance and pension while still a TD even though he has been campaigning against these payments

makes me sick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Hijpo wrote: »
    Why does he need three bloody pensions? it doesnt matter when he can draw them down, why does he need three? Why do any of them need more than one??

How do you sit there and defend this s***e?

If you saw a chap begging and you gave him a fiver then he walked across the road and drove off in a merc, would you give him another fiver?

makes me sick

They all take the p*ss really and dont even think twice about it either, tis pretty infuriating really and is also a shame that it now seems to be the norm.

Dont see how anyone could possibly defend it either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement