Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

gerryo777 wrote: »

much as i dislike politicians i wouldnt have expected such blatant money grubbing from kenny. you're in the wrong party Enda.
    4 years work and block a job for 30 years to get rewarded with a lump sum and pension ..... holy fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Hijpo wrote: »
    Why does he need three bloody pensions? it doesnt matter when he can draw them down, why does he need three? Why do any of them need more than one??
    What do you suggest should happen to Enda Kenny's teachers pension? Should he lose it? If so, do you think that any worker should lose their pension entitlements when the move to another job?

If you saw a chap begging and you gave him a fiver then he walked across the road and drove off in a merc, would you give him another fiver?
    :confused:

he deliberately deferred it in order to get a bigger payout
    Well of course if you defer a pension and leave it growing in the fund over a longer period, you get more.
    Are we supposed to think that good financial planning is now a bad thing? Is Enda Kenny supposed to deliberately disadvantage himself (to placate tax evaders)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fupping Grasshole

Still haven't paid. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭Hijpo

dvpower wrote: »
    What do you suggest should happen to Enda Kenny's teachers pension? Should he lose it? If so, do you think that any worker should lose their pension entitlements when the move to another job?

he hasnt thought in 27 years, we dont get a pension for ever job we do, in his case he even gets a pension for a job he doesnt do.

my scenario for you giving a begger a fiver even though hes rich is in accordance to us paying extra taxes to a system that apparently still has enough money to squander.

Well of course if you defer a pension and leave it growing in the fund over a longer period, you get more.
    Are we supposed to think that good financial planning is now a bad thing? Is Enda Kenny supposed to deliberately disadvantage himself (to placate tax evaders)

He is far from leaving himself short by giving up 100,000 when he still gets 2 other pensions, a huge salary and lots of expenses.

cop on and use your common sense.

If you see a problem with people not paying 100 euro, how do you not see a problem with all this money the politicians are able to claim even though the country is supposed to be broke.

Why didnt you comment on this one?
    already admitting to having taken a quarter of million in severance and pension while still a TD even though he has been campaigning against these payments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Is there a refund for ppl that did pay or are they going after ppl that haven't paid.

If anyone knows how can I get a refund ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    Is there a refund for ppl that did pay or are they going after ppl that haven't paid.

Ah sure Phil Hogan will personally hand the 100 euro back to you.;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Stiffler2 wrote: »

Simply don't pay next year to make up for it............................... oh, but they have your details now.......... bummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Why is he receiving a full pension with only four years pension contributions though?
    Never mind that he may be 'entitled' to it, as leader of the (bankrupt) country, should Edna not be leading by example and declining this payment?

All this goes on whilst the public have to fork out for sham charges after sham charges.

he hasnt thought in 27 years, we dont get a pension for ever job we do, in his case he even gets a pension for a job he doesnt do.
    I'm sure he has thought in the last 27 years. He hasn't taught.

He paid into his pension fund (I think 6.5% of earnings and notional earnings) presumably way after he was substituted.
    It seems a daft rule that allows people to hold on to their teaching positions when they go into the Dail, but the idea that he shouldn't have a right to the pension fund that he contributed to is just silly.

We do have property rights in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,759 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

mod:
    Gerryo banned.

For what may I ask ?

• Advertisement

For what may I ask ?

Pm the mod Tayto.

You'll get knuckles wrapped otherwise.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Kenny subsequently said he wouldn't be accepting the pension at all:
    Mr Kenny said on Sunday he would not be accepting any pension from the teaching profession, having previously indicated he would accept the pension when he retired from politics.

I'm sure he has thought in the last 27 years. He hasn't taught.

He paid into his pension fund (I think 6.5% of earnings and notional earnings) presumably way after he was substituted.
    It seems a daft rule that allows people to hold on to their teaching positions when they go into the Dail, but the idea that he shouldn't have a right to the pension fund that he contributed to is just silly.

We do have property rights in this country.

No we don't have property rights in this country at all.
    Isn't that what this debate is all about ? The Govt telling us that the homes we bought and paid for are not ours at all and we have to pay an unjust tax on them.
    Nobody should have a big pension for 4 years work either. That is just greed and it stinks.

Kenny subsequently said he wouldn't be accepting the pension at all:
    Link is blocked by the paywall.

I doubt anyone around here will give EK any credit at all for foregoing a pension he contributed to.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Relevant line is quoted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I have not paid. What do I owe now including interest if I pay it?

Surely they can't take hundreds of thousands of people to court, they would need a lot more courts?

Praetorian wrote: »
    Surely they can't take hundreds of thousands of people to court, they would need a lot more courts?
    They'll just take a few people to court. The rest will fall into line.

Ghandee wrote: »
    Pm the mod Tayto.

You'll get knuckles wrapped otherwise.

I couldn't find what he said to earn the ban and only asked a question politely.

No we don't have property rights in this country at all.
    Isn't that what this debate is all about ?
    No.

I doubt anyone around here will give EK any credit at all for foregoing a full pension he only contributed four years worth of payments to.

FYP.

Why would any one give him credit for not taking something he didn't deserve?

There's a difference in an entitlement to something, and deserving something.

• Advertisement

Going by that definition of property rights, nobody has any property rights in almost any country that levies taxes.

They'll just take a few people to court. The rest will fall into line.

Careful now DV, your starting to sound like the ancestors of your German overlords.

Btw, taken to court and what?

Its already been stated by the govt that no one will be jailed for non payment, if you refuse to pay a fine that came about because of non payment, jail wouldn't be possible either (didn't the govt say no one will be Jailed?)

Wasn't that in reference to getting a court order to have it deducted from someone's wages, under new legislation re. fines etc.?

Wasn't that in reference to getting a court order to have it deducted from someone's wages, under new legislation re. fines etc.?

The unions have said they'll call for industrial action if the govt attempts to take from source.

It was. There is a lot of selective hearing around here.

The unions have said they'll call for industrial action if the govt attempts to take from source.

Source? I thought they complained about the proposal to deduct the property tax at source rather than the amendment to the Fines Act?

It was. There is a lot of selective hearing around here.

Ignores the questions he can't defend as per usual. :rolleyes:

The Waterford branch of Unite iirc.
    It would be an unofficial and probably illegal strike, with little impact.

Source? I thought they complained about the proposal to deduct the property tax at source rather than the amendment to the Fines Act?

Ok, let me break it down.

If you refuse to pay the HHC, the govt have said no one will be jailed for non payment.
    If your in court and the court issues you with a fine (for non payment of the hhc) which you refuse to pay, they may attempt to take fine from source (a fine relating to the hhc) should be the same thing.

if you only received one fine in your entire life, and that fine resulted in your refusal to pay an unjust property Tax on your sole residency, it would be extremely difficult to jail someone, or take fine from source when the govt have said no one will be jailed .

• Advertisement

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. I just wanted to know where the unions had said they'd strike over deducting people's fines from wages?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement