Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

flutered wrote: »
    donalg1 wrote: »
    So basically the security guards were assaulted while trying to earn a living. Sound like a great bunch of people you know! Can't imagine too many people applauding that tbh or wanting to get involved with those types of people.
    ordinary decent tax payers.

Who the security guards?

I can only assume you dont mean the other group as you said "decent" and there's nothing decent about assaulting someone who is doing their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

why is it being called a household tax.....it is not ....it is a property tax.....

people whose homes are flodded out twice a year are expected to pay for the privilage, yeah ted.

Well, that's down to greed and stupidity of allowing houses to be built on flod plaines.

Nothing to do with the HHC, but the proposed tax should reflect the fact that they are shíte.

people whose homes are flodded out twice a year are expected to pay for the privilage, yeah ted.

And this Govt are responsible for where they built or bought their houses or are the owners more responsible? Next you will be saying the govt are at fault for the amount of rainfall there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

I presume the 'I'm not paying the household charge because it's being used to bail out the banks' brigade are all busy filing their self assessment returns now?

I really hope the defaulters are stuffed with charges and penalties all the way (on top of their Eur700 charge next year).

The United Left Alliance representatives who led them astray will pay their dues out of their expenses claims. Hypocrites. Now we see who looks foolish.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,761 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

why is it being called a household tax.....it is not ....it is a property tax.....

It's actually a tax on your family home.

I presume the 'I'm not paying the household charge because it's being used to bail out the banks' brigade are all busy filing their self assessment returns now?

I really hope the defaulters are stuffed with charges and penalties all the way (on top of their Eur700 charge next year).

The United Left Alliance representatives who led them astray will pay their dues out of their expenses claims. Hypocrites. Now we see who looks foolish.:D
    So much anger ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

So much anger ....

No anger. Smug satisfaction.

Delighted to see a government actually following up on the usual freeloading defaulters. About time people made a fair contribution.

Delighted to see a government actually following up on the usual freeloading defaulters. About time people made a fair contribution.

Cool down lad. The Govt don't even know how many there are or where they live yet. Nobody is worrying and you shouldn't either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

has anyone heard of anyone getting a letter yet? they are supposed to have sent 105,000, you would think some have surely landed now.

edit
    they should call them Philograms

• Advertisement

bgrizzley wrote: »
    has anyone heard of anyone getting a letter yet? they are supposed to have sent 105,000, you would think some have surely landed now.

edit
    they should call them Philograms

Gone to people who already paid. That's why the last poster was in such bad mood, he got one. Poor old Bishop might have to pay twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

This post made me lol so hard a bit of pee seeped out on my new silk y-fronts lol.

Misdirected anger Donal.

Go smoke a spliff or something man.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Gone to people who already paid. That's why the last poster was in such bad mood, he got one. Poor old Bishop might have to pay twice.

lol, wouldnt surprise me. at this stage Tayto, im only waiting for the next "Whoops!".

http://www.magic-tricks-for-beginners.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/44.clowns-for-birthday-parties.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Delighted to see a government actually following up on the usual freeloading defaulters.

Smug Satisfaction......How???

Satisfaction of what exactly??:confused:

About time people made a fair contribution.

Does that include non property fee/tax paying Phil Hogan aswell then,and also his gross miss-use of tax payers money on Brazilian holidays???

So much anger ....

....for believing "Big Phil" and paying out the 100 euro charge,only for "Big Phil" to blow it on a few nice nights in Brazil.;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

KTurtle wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that every tax payable to the state should involve means testing?

Someone living in a coucil house does not own the place. So just like anyone who privately rents a property, they don't pay the household charge. You may argue over someone's entitlement to a local authority property if you think they earn over x amount but that is a separate matter.
    MUPPET, ownership of a house is actually a liability, even with a mortgage paid off there are bills, upkeep, repairs etc. and no help for any of these from the government....how can something be classed as an asset if it has a negative effect on your finances ?...plus, home owners are taking on all the responsibility by providing a roof for their families at no cost to the government....having a council house should be classed as benefit in kind and taxed as such plus the rent.
    With f*cking muppets like you in this country we will never have equality or justice for the hard working law abiding citizen....it will be the same old ****e, protect the most vulnerable my arse!!
    workers pay for everything and get nothing, non workers pay for nothing and get everything....sick of this crap....hands off my home, cut what needs to be cut you useless pr*cks..public pay , pensions, social welfare etc....there, problem sorted, will they do it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

still haven't paid....ain't going too either....just wait for the first court case to be taken and see the response from the public, gov. will back down pronto he he !.....I think the gov. should just proceed with those who have paid the hhc and leave the rest of us alone...that would be nice ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

on top of their Eur700 charge next year

So next years property tax is expected to be 700 ? thanks for letting the mask slip and letting us all know how much its gonna be next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Video taken during the back the bill debate in the dail. Dessie tells us the rates in the North cover water use/ bin collection/septic tanks emptied/ school transport/ school books- sounds like actual services to me. after reading the comment by bishop donal that we can expect a property tax of 700 next year- whats people thoughts if the all the following services were to be included? not the bs we hear its going towards street lights and parks.

Also we learn in todays a certain numbers of houses are to be knocked in these unfinished estates- which I see as Complete waste of resources, with the amount of people of housing waiting lists a hell of a lot of people could be housed if these houses were converted into social housing, Instead choosing to demolish them and leave people on housing waiting lists- what if for arguments sake some of the money from the property tax/rates they want to bring in, provided councils with some money to take over these unfinished estates and finish building them so they can be converted into social housing ?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/housing-minister-jan-osullivan-admits-some-ghost-estates-will-be-demolished-3160031.html

Dont forget that the fire brigade want 600+ euro nowadays for a call out too.

So add it all up,then throw in 700 odd euro for the property tax,and then faint from the shock of seeing how much the goverment are going to be bum fcuking you for next year.

Im pretty sure that Angela Merkil and the German Bondholdes will be kept rather happy though,by all this money thats comming their way next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    MUPPET
    Can people tone down the personal abuse around here - it's getting tiresome.

ownership of a house is actually a liability [... stuffing...]
    Assets become liabilities in this topsy turvy world.

dvpower wrote: »
    Can people tone down the personal abuse around here - it's getting tiresome..

No good at defending "Big Phil" and also no good at taking a "Big" hint too .............................;)

still haven't paid....ain't going too either....just wait for the first court case to be taken and see the response from the public, gov. will back down pronto he he

Em no, not gonna happen I'm afraid
    !.....I think the gov. should just proceed with those who have paid the hhc and leave the rest of us alone...that would be nice ....

Yes you wish, I am sure the Govt are more than happy to let you build up late payment fees and charges and pay the extra when the time comes, you see its better for them if people pay €130 instead of €100 they make more money.;)

Am Chile wrote: »
    Video taken during the back the bill debate in the dail. Dessie tells us the rates in the North cover water use/ bin collection/septic tanks emptied/ school transport/ school books- sounds like actual services to me. after reading the comment by bishop donal that we can expect a property tax of 700 next year- whats people thoughts if the all the following services were to be included? not the bs we hear its going towards street lights and parks.

Also we learn in todays a certain numbers of houses are to be knocked in these unfinished estates- which I see as Complete waste of resources, with the amount of people of housing waiting lists a hell of a lot of people could be housed if these houses were converted into social housing, Instead choosing to demolish them and leave people on housing waiting lists- what if for arguments sake some of the money from the property tax/rates they want to bring in, provided councils with some money to take over these unfinished estates and finish building them so they can be converted into social housing ?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/housing-minister-jan-osullivan-admits-some-ghost-estates-will-be-demolished-3160031.html

Our Government won't provide those services for 860 euro. If they did I would happily pay it. Our Govt's only interested is in bondholders and banks and in pleasing Angela and Co. They have little interest in the struggling people of Ireland at all and that is quite obvious.
    I have never voted S.F. before but honestly if there were another General Election in the near future I would consider them as I am reaching the point of despising our elected representatives whose lies and arrogance are unbelievable and in your face. We have a very poor choice of political party in Ireland now.

So has "big Phil" payed his own property taxes and fees yet then (luxury villa)????

An Post seem to be very slow in delievering all these "letters" too???

paddy147 wrote: »
    So has "big Phil" payed his own property taxes and fees yet then (luxury villa)????

There were 105000 letters sent about 20% of the number that havent paid, there are maybe 10 people here that say they havent got one so thats not surprising really that they arent in the 20%.

There were 105000 letters sent about 20% of the number that havent paid, there are maybe 10 people here that say they havent got one so thats not surprising really that they arent in the 20%.

Yep,Im sure everyone will get their letters in time to come (even though no one in the country has actually got one yet according to the various radio chat shows and also TV3).

Have you nothing to say about Big Phils non payment of property fees/taxes and blowing tax payers money either?

I wonder why???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Dont forget friends and family members of the 10 people on here, actually 11 i didnt get one either, that havent got them either. I havent heard reports on the radio or news saying "people who have not paid the HHC have strted to recieve there letters today" which would happen seen as the government want to radiate there scare tactics.as fast as possible.

Yep,Im sure everyone will get their letters in time to come (even though no one in the country has actually got one yet according to the various radio chat shows and also TV3).

Have you nothing to say about Big Phils non payment of property fees/taxes and blowing tax payers money either?

I wonder why???

And Im sure TV3 and the rest asked everyone that hasnt paid the HHC yet did they get a letter, they compiled a list of the 600,000 or so and contacted them all directly and asked them. :rolleyes:

Sure maybe they will share the list with the Govt.

I have nothing to say about it because I dont know anything about it. Thats why so you can stop wondering.

Best thing you could do if you want to know about this is ask Phil himself as he would be best placed to give you an answer, it would be better than continuously asking the same question over and over and over again here, dont you think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Not taxes. Not a villa.

I wonder why???
    Perhaps because you don;t have the first idea of what your talking about. You can't even get the basic facts right.

Its been done to death here and elsewhere, so the idea that people have nothing to say about is more nonsence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement