Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

you certainly got me wrong......the "rich" in a recession are needed more that ever.....they must not be frightened away.....

no, i presume there are many ways of doing it....but a property tax is not the way.........
    Not really, What is needed is an understanding of what actually the real issue is....

and a solution that produces results that are acceptable to the general flock population, while allowing the wealthy to retain their wealth at the expense of all others.

or alternatively, a solution that accepts that "we're all n the same boat" and we all need to contribute something (but not twice, which is what the current HHC is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    Am Chile wrote: »
    Hi All, Hope you are having a Nice Friday Night. Just to fill you in...The person who has been put in the position of ''Claiming'' Our Household tax, has now being sent to harvard at the taxpayers cost. The head of L.G.M.A{ Local Government Management Agency), is on a ''Training course In America. At a cost of ( In Euro) 9, 258 euro. At our expense. Great Job Eh??. The course is three weeks, and called... Wait for it..''Senior Executives in State, and Local Government''. Fact. Google it.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/council-officials-sent-on-10000-harvard-course-3160448.html[/QUOTE]

Am Chile.....great posts, thanks.

The hypocrisy, arrogance , menacing, pig headed attitude of this gubberment is totally unbelievable.....every day some new story appears which shows how wasteful the gov. are and how little respect they have for us the hard working tax payers....THEIR BOSSES !!!!!!!....they are there to serve US !!!
    Politicians would not get away with this crap in any other european country, in Ireland though, politics is rotten to the core, we need a clean sweep in this country, sack them all, bring in a couple of our best business people to run this banana republic, get them to balance the books....it's the only way we will get out of this mess....

Hi Izzy,

I agree with everything you say in your post. This is really sickening. Waste of public money at a time when the country is stone broke. I wonder what the so called "public accounts comittee" think of this waste, if anything.:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

darkhorse wrote: »
    Izzy Skint wrote: »

Hi Izzy,

I agree with everything you say in your post. This is really sickening. Waste of public money at a time when the country is stone broke. I wonder what the so called "public accounts comittee" think of this waste, if anything.:mad::mad:

Me Bad,posting rubbish with two many scoops on me.
    Apologies to all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭Hijpo

spose i should edit my reply to your edited post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

could it me that shatter or an acomplice has a rather large interest in that scummy cash for gold enterprise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Hi Everyone hope you re all having a good sunday- another story about phil hogan in todays Indo.

Phil Hogan got cut-price mortgages for his luxury villa in Portugal and Dublin 4 from toxic bank, Irish Nationwide. yes its the very same villa he won't pay tax on- while he wants those struggling with mortgages to pay property/household taxes.
    Phil Hogan, the minister responsible for collecting the household charge, availed of "soft" loans of close to €900,000 that were approved by toxic building society boss Michael Fingleton who has cost the State €5.4bn.

Hogan's unorthodox loans were personally approved by Fingleton to allow him buy a pied-a-terre house in Dublin 4 and a luxurious penthouse in Portugal using two interest- only loans of at least a decade each, an aggressive equity release, and what appears to have been, for his final loan, minimal paperwork.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/nationwides-soft-loan-to-hogan-3161567.html

• Registered Users Posts: 51,761 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hi Everyone hope you re all having a good sunday- another story about phil hogan in todays Indo.

Phil Hogan got cut-price mortgages for his luxury villa in Portugal and Dublin 4 from toxic bank, Irish Nationwide. yes its the very same villa he won't pay tax on- while he wants those struggling with mortgages to pay property/household taxes.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/nationwides-soft-loan-to-hogan-3161567.html

Is it any wonder that people think they are all in it together. How could any Govt minister push for Fingleton to be tried for corruption if it emerged that he had done unlawful acts while head of National Irish.
    You will find that Hogan was not the only one either.
    We had Cowan playing golf with Fitzpatrick and now Hogan getting cheap deals from Fingers. Very smelly indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

posters are saying that so and so were in it, to me the only people that were not in it are the poor misfortunates who are in negitave equity, plus the rest of the misfortunates who have to take the brunt of of the taxation and cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Deserves a thread of its own tbh

People not reading this thread may miss this development.

Where has DV gone? His defending of all thing's FG has truly taken a turn for the worse recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Hi Am Chile,

I was having a nice sunday until I read the Phil story in the indo. Ya see, where I would have found it particularly more funny is, well, I went into my local bank a couple of days before christmas in 1980, to look for a loan of 200 pounds. I got it, but not before the manager made a show of me. Even the assistant manager, who was standing beside him, did'nt know where to look. Anyway, sometime a few years after, I heard that the same guy got caught with way more money than he should have had. In other words, he was turfed out for stealing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,761 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The line I love from Phil Hogan who refuses to pay his Service Charges on his Portuguese apartment is this -

"Would you pay a charge if you were unhappy with the service?"

Well Phil I personally won't pay a Home Tax or Household Charge as I am unhappy with the service. I have taken a leaf from your book Phil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Ghandee wrote: »
    True. It has nothing to do with the HHC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

People not reading this thread may miss this development.

Where has DV gone? His defending of all thing's FG has truly taken a turn for the worse recently.

I'm still waiting on you ghandee to clarify your claims that I am here defending Phil and enda

They don't have a clue whose paid, or who owns what. Not a clue who to send letters to, or where to send them .

Not one iota, zero, nada.

Dv, bishop, Donal, etc, the current govt are incompetent, defending them repeatedly looks silly now.

They have consistently and continuously proven that they're not fit to run a chimps tea party. The sooner this farce gets scrapped the better!

You cannot defend the indefensible.

Just in case you forgot ghandee. You claim I look silly defending the govt but can't tell me where I have defended them.

Think it's yourself looking silly now.

Any chance we can skip the childish tit for tats of "you said i said when i didnt say" and get back to the hhc? If you didnt say it, grand. Im sure ghandee realises it and has moved on.

Defending an extra tax to be paid to a corrupt government for mediocre services is just as good as defending the government themselfs, its they're decision after all.

Cut the needless expenses before you go through our pockets!!

Hijpo wrote: »
    Any chance we can skip the childish tit for tats of "you said i said when i didnt say" and get back to the hhc? If you didnt say it, grand. Im sure ghandee realises it and has moved on.

Defending an extra tax to be paid to a corrupt government for mediocre services is just as good as defending the government themselfs, its they're decision after all.

Cut the needless expenses before you go through our pockets!!

Well ill move on when he stops making stupid claims bout me and admits he made it up or was at least wrong. Doubt that's gonna happen somehow.

And also I have never defended the hhc either I only said I paid it end of.

donalg1 wrote: »
    Well ill move on when he stops making stupid claims bout me and admits he made it up or was at least wrong. Doubt that's gonna happen somehow.

I offer my deepest, unreserved, and sincere apologies Donal.

I accidentally accused you of defending the imbeciles in power, when in fact all you did was pay the HHC, and attempted to coax everyone else to pay it.

I stand corrected.

Can we move on now?

I offer my deepest, unreserved, and sincere apologies Donal.

I accidentally accused you of defending the imbeciles in power, when in fact all you did was pay the HHC, and attempted to coax everyone else to pay it.

I stand corrected.

Can we move on now?

We could have til ur line about me trying to coax others to pay it. That is also something I haven't done so more stuff you are just making up. So again just quit it and grow up and stop talking sh1t if that's possible for you.

Now back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

We could have til ur line about me trying to coax others to pay it. That is also something I haven't done so more stuff you are just making up. So again just quit it and grow up and stop talking sh1t if that's possible for you.

Now back on topic.

Notice the sarcasm mate.

Kirby wrote: »

Now back on topic.

Notice the sarcasm mate.

To be expected really, the ironic part of it is Ghandee has actually paid the hhc, go figure

• Advertisement

Now back on topic.

So you dont agree with anything to do with the hhc, you just paid it because they said "its the law to give us your money" and you bowed down and handed it and your details straight over with no thoughts of "hang on id rather get the full story on this given the govenments past dodgy deals and money wastes"???

No wonder they are they way they are.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I paid it online. Was i ment to get a receipt? Haven't even gotten a return email.

Hijpo wrote: »

Now back on topic.

So you dont agree with anything to do with the hhc, you just paid it because they said "its the law to give us your money" and you bowed down and handed it and your details straight over with no thoughts of "hang on id rather get the full story on this given the govenments past dodgy deals and money wastes"???

No wonder they are they way they are.

No I paid it because I knew i would have to pay it eventually so thought it would be better to pay 100 instead of that plus fines made mire sense to save money

Now back on topic.

Here's one example were you've told people to pay it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78070537&postcount=2669

On the phone (yeah a fancy smart phone) so can't be bothered to trawl through your other posts.

To be expected really, the ironic part of it is Ghandee has actually paid the hhc, go figure

Have I ?

News to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Have I ?

News to me.

Yea I think donal paid it for you.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Yea I think donal paid it for you.

He's 'making stuff up about me' lol.

He also wrote 'Ghandee luvs teacher' on my pencil case. I'm telling! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

He's 'making stuff up about me' lol.

He also wrote 'Ghandee luvs teacher' on my pencil case. I'm telling! :rolleyes:

That`s what its like.

Do Irish people use that "go figure" phrase now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Next years property tax we have a rough idea how much its gonna be as bishop donal pointed out €700 is expected- then there's water charges they want people to pay also-combine both property taxes/water charges together people will be asked to pay over €1000 annually per year- I have often said in some of my posts there will be no need for calls for non payment then as a lot of people simply won't have the money' today the latest Irish league of credits survey found the following.
    More than 1.8 million people are struggling to survive on €100 or less a month after bills are paid, a study showed.
    Four out of 10 adults have borrowed to pay a household bill in the last year, with the most desperate 10pc using a moneylender, it revealed.

The survey, by the Irish League of Credit Unions (ILCU), also found half of all [COLOR=#009900 !important]bank[/COLOR] account holders do not know what bank charges they pay on accounts.

Kieron Brennan, ILCU chief executive, warned it has never been more important for people to get in the practice of managing their money tightly.

"The issue of personal debt is something we are hearing more and more about and the issue is a growing concern, particularly for those who are relying on their credit card to make ends meet every month," he said.

"Even more concerning is that of those who are borrowing each month to meet payments on their household bills, 10pc are turning to moneylenders.

"The ILCU recently called on the Government to put a legal cap on the interest rates charged by moneylenders in Ireland. No such cap currently exists but in practice, the ceiling is just below 190pc APR.

"With the level of personal indebtedness and financial exclusion in Ireland, there is a real danger of compounding the problem by allowing legal moneylenders to charge excessive rates."

The "What's Left" Tracker survey quizzed 1,000 adults in June.

It calculated 1.82 million adults across Ireland have less than €25 left each week to spend after bills - a jump of 200,000 people in the last year.

The ILCU said Irish disposable income has dropped in the past three months, with 69pc having less than 12 months ago.

It also found Irish consumers owe an average €1,100 euro on their credit card, with a quarter using a credit card to make ends meet each month.

To help customers in debt, the Credit Union has launched www.fixyourfinances.ie, the smart phone budgeting tool MYBUDGETBUDDY, and has tips and a budget planner to download on www.creditunion.ie/whatweoffer.

Its tracker study revealed consumer sentiment has weakened among those with less than 5pc of their income left at the end of the month.

Almost nine out of 10 vulnerable people worry about how they will cope if unforeseen expenses arise and over their ability to cope financially if further changes are made to social welfare or income tax in the next budget.

Elsewhere mortgage and rent continue to be the most expensive bills for the majority of Irish adults (72pc), followed by groceries (57pc), utility bills (54pc), and transport and car-related costs (27pc). Almost half of all consumers struggle to pay all of their bills on time.

And child care comes in as the greatest work-related expense at €520 euro per month, this is followed by car fuel (€145), daily lunches (€110) and public transport (€77).

Mr Brennan said many people may not be in a position to pay off their credit card bills in full each month and will be subject to high interest rates.

"Worryingly in this tracker only 54pc know what interest rate is charged on their credit card," he added.

"We would urge people to take some time to understand their bank charges and credit card interest rates and certainly look at their personal and household budgets to ensure that these costs are covered."

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/latest-news/harsh-reality-of-austerity-18m-have-less-than-100-left-each-month-3161976.html

In this context, how does the government possibly believe that it can impose property and water taxes which will amount to over €1,000 per household? when People’s incomes have been slashed by a combination of austerity measures and stealth taxes. They have had enough and cannot take the imposition of any more financial pain.”

These figures must be looked at in the context of figures released last week which showed that the top 10,000 Irish earners who have average incomes of €595,000 per year pay an effective tax rate of just 29%.

Instead of wasting time sending harassing letters to people who have refused to register for the household tax, the government should be taking moves to ensure that the highest earners are made to pay more tax.

Austerity measures are continuing to inflict real financial pain on householders across the country,” “That is why people are refusing to register for the household tax and are preparing to resist the imposition of property taxes and water charges.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I watched that report on RTE News today.

1.8 million people have 100 euro (and in alot of cases less than 100 euro) a month to survive on after all bills are paid.

So thats 100 euro a month to feed a family,cloth them and various other fees.

Are you listening Enda Kenny,Michael Noonan and PHil Hogan??????:mad::mad::mad:

When you read the credit unions report...can you really blame so many people for saying no to this fcuking stupid 100 euro household "tax"???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement