Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

1 free passport for a foreigner of your choice with each completed household charge payment.
    Form an orderly line...

paddy147 wrote: »
    I watched that report on RTE News today.

1.8 million people have 100 euro (and in alot of cases less than 100 euro) a month to survive on after all bills are paid.

So thats 100 euro a month to feed a family,cloth them and various other fees.

Are you listening Enda Kenny,Michael Noonan and PHil Hogan??????:mad::mad::mad:

When you read the credit unions report...can you really blame so many people for saying no to this fcuking stupid 100 euro household "tax"???

If this story is accurate aboout the number of people who are having to streach to make ends meet before the full property tax & water rates and other increases down the line hit.

€100 a month will rapidly become €20 or less!

Consumer spending next year will collapse, those who support paying of taxes before everything else, may see their potential future income being sucked away in taxes and their job may be at risk because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭Hijpo

donalg1 wrote: »
    Hijpo wrote: »
    donalg1 wrote: »
    No I paid it because I knew i would have to pay it eventually so thought it would be better to pay 100 instead of that plus fines made mire sense to save money

well if you and the rest of the flock of sheeple decided to make a stand and demand the government use our taxes wisely and a bit more conservatively then nobody might have to pay the feckin thing.

By us handing over money quickly and quietly the government will never have to curb there wasteful spending. All your doing is funding a spending spree for them and not actually getting anything of any quality in return.

So people that pay taxes are sheep. Ok then. It's statements like that, that damage the anti sides credibility. I agree with the post though apart from the silly sheeple part.

no, to me sheeple are people who jump into situations because they are told to with no questions asked or fore thought. Its probably the wrong defenition, but thats what i meant. sorry for the confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

dvpower wrote: »
    Less of the 'us'. Aren't you a tax evader and encouraging others to evade tax?

DV, not disputing that im a tax evader at this stage but just as a matter of interest, if i pay more income tax than you, yet i still dont pay this E100 on a matter of principle, which of us are more useful members of society?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,827 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

bgrizzley wrote: »
    DV, not desputing that im a tax evader at this stage but just as a matter of interest, if i pay more income tax than you, yet i still dont pay this E100 on a matter of principle, which of us are more useful members of society?

Well, I pay quite a bit of income tax, have not paid the household tax but did pay over 30k in stamp duty 6 years ago - I reckon I'm more useful than the pair of ye:D more broke aswell possibly:(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Less of the 'us'. Aren't you a tax evader and encouraging others to evade tax?

700,000 said no for a very good reason.....These people have had enough of being hit for extra taxes for this that and the other.

Buy seen as you absoluetly Love Enda and Phil.....Im sure you will give me some silly bullcrap excsue as to why people should pay the 100 euro household tax.

No one cares what you have to say and what bullcrap you try to post here in favour of the FG policies on taxing more and more and more.

People have had enough of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

paddy147 wrote: »
    700,000 said no for a very good reason.....These people have had enough of being hit for extra taxes for this that and the other.

Buy seen as you absoluetly Love Enda and Phil.....Im sure you will give me some silly bullcrap excsue as to why people should pay the 100 euro household tax.

No one cares what you have to say and what bullcrap you try to post here in favour of the FG policies on taxing more and more and more.

People have had enough of it.
    Prob more.

I for one don't believe the figures being touted at present.

I know of one man, ONE, whose paid it. He is in his sixties, and only did so because he is currently trying to sell his house and fell for the hype and scaremongering.

Phil Hogan makes the news..AGAIN....cut price mortgage.

It just gets better and better with this very sly dodgey man.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/nationwides-soft-loan-to-hogan-3161567.html

Oh and he is a tax evader too,by not paying his fees/taxes on his villa in Portugal.

Funny how he didnt want that story to break cover and make the newspapers and TV news.

I wonder why??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,966 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Ghandee wrote: »
    Prob more.

I for one don't believe the figures being touted at present.

I know of one man, ONE, whose paid it. He is in his sixties, and only did so because he is currently trying to sell his house and fell for the hype and scaremongering.

He couldn't sell his house unless the charge was paid. This is the legal position which now applies to every property. Nor can a property be inherited unless the charge is paid.

Why inherit a house? you'll have to pay property tax, water charges, septic tank charges and on top of all that inheritance tax. Youd be better off leaving it to your pet cat or leaving it to Phil Hogan instead of a family member. You wouldnt be inheriting an asset youd be inheriting a pain in feckin hole.

I doubt there are many trying to sell/buy a house these days.

get on the housing list and let the tax payers look after you, live the easy life, why would the next generation encourage there kids to do otherwise?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Why inherit a house? you'll have to pay property tax, water charges, septic tank charges and on top of all that inheritance tax. Youd be better off leaving it to your pet cat or leaving it to Phil Hogan instead of a family member. You wouldnt be inheriting an asset youd be inheriting a pain in feckin hole.

I doubt there are many trying to sell/buy a house these days.

get on the housing list and let the tax payers look after you, live the easy life, why would the next generation encourage there kids to do otherwise?

Sadly you're right, the incentive to work and try make something of yourself is pretty much gone in Ireland today, even those in employment are questioning whether or not they would be better off on social welfare which is a shocking reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

DV, not disputing that im a tax evader at this stage but just as a matter of interest, if i pay more income tax than you, yet i still dont pay this E100 on a matter of principle, which of us are more useful members of society?
    I would say that a person who is evading tax and encouraging others to do so in a time of economic crisis is damaging society.

I've seen tax evasion dressed up on this thread as some kind of patriotism, but it really isn't - tax evaders, like other criminals, do tend to make excuses for their behaviour, the latest being the "I pay enough already and I get to choose how much is enough" excuse. It doesn't wash with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

I would say that a person who is evading tax and encouraging others to do so in a time of economic crisis is damaging society.

I've seen tax evasion dressed up on this thread as some kind of patriotism, but it really isn't - tax evaders, like other criminals, do tend to make excuses for their behaviour, the latest being the "I pay enough already and I get to choose how much is enough" excuse. It doesn't wash with me.

inthinkn the most important thing here is........is it a fair tax.....no it is not......so therefore it penalises one section of society......

to pay to get penalised.....is sheer madness...

I would say that a person who is evading tax and encouraging others to do so in a time of economic crisis is damaging society..

a few hundred thousand people (which isnt alot anyway according to you) evading 100 euro is more damaging than what the people in charge of the countries finances are doing with the countries, apparently, tiny pot of money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

And yet it's not enough of a crisis for the government to cutback on xmas cards, drycleaning expenses, and other expenses that all add up. It's not enough of a crisis to pull back on extraoridnate pay and pensions like for example reported in january a CEO retired on a package of 800,000 in which 200,000 of it was tax free in conjunction with a yearly pension of 100,000+ a year. Not enough of a crisis to pull the plug on double pensions and triple pensions. Making a mockery of those on.low incomes and those who are struggling with bills. Building classes in society with a power class that is untouchable that the lower classes must pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Do you associate with criminals? Or is it a case of everyone you know has paid?

i think ive already quoted Samuel Johnson on Patriotism in this thread.

Whatever peoples reason, DV, someone has to call stop. you know as well as i do that if ordinary people didnt speak up against their "masters", we'd all still be shoveling sh1t for stale bread for our feudal overlords.

do you think there is ever any reason for dissent against government? or should we always blindly follow?

Congrats fellow dissenters, we've made it into the history books(well, wikipedia anyway lol)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_tax_resistance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

do you think there is ever any reason for dissent against government? or should we always blindly follow?
    We have legal and democratic remedies in this country. If you want to fight the HHC, there are proper routes available to you.

Painting tax evasion as some kind of act of political dissent is nothing more than hyperbole.

We have legal and democratic remedies in this country. If you want to fight the HHC, there are proper routes available to you.

Painting tax evasion as some kind of act of political dissent is nothing more than hyperbole.

Like pay it and give them all our details to make future taxation easier and then kick up a fuss and complain over a pint (if you can afford it) and ultimately do nothing??

What are the proper routes?

DV Powers is a gas man,he really is.

Big Phil,Spineless Enda can walk on water and do no wrong as far as he is concerned,yet he tells 700,000 hard pressed Irish people that we are all tax evaders and criminals and not helping the country.

You really are a gas man DV Power,you really are.

PS-I see that Dr James Rielly is now fcuked too,owing 1.9 million euro.

But Im sure that you will come with another reason and excuse as to why all FG ministers walk on water and are perfect in every way.

PPS-So did Big Phil pay his propperty taxes and fees yet???

Amazing how he got a great low cost mortgage,isnt it???

• Advertisement

PHIL HOGAN........(waits for all the bullshyte excuses from DV Power)

Dont worry Dr James (tax defaulter) Rielly,DV Power will come to your rescue too.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0710/james-reilly-debt-default.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Like pay it and give them all our details to make future taxation easier and then kick up a fuss and complain over a pint (if you can afford it) and ultimately do nothing??

What are the proper routes?

vote for anti-HHC parties. Or start one yourself.

We voted for enda because he told us it was moraly wrong to tax a persons home. It sounded like he was anti-hhc. Alot of good that did us, now when do we vote? 2016? after the HHC and property taxes are firmly in place and the economy is wholy dependant on them?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

mod:
    Paddy147 banned.

Constant goading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

We voted for enda because he told us it was moraly wrong to tax a persons home.

You voted for him based on what he said 18 years ago?

yes, why not? aswell as all the things he was against and regularly confronted other TD's and taoiseachs on stupid spending on in the Dail. Like severance and pension payments, after all he was campaigning against them. Oh wait no, no, he took a quarter of a million in those payments didnt he :rolleyes:

im not hyperbolically painting anything, tax evasion has always been used as a form of dissent, thats just a fact. (ghandi against the salt tax, thoreau refused to pay because of slavery, boston tea party).

the legal remedies you speak of are beyond the means of the majority of people to avail of, and no-one voted in this crowd so they could pay this tax, they voted them in because they were'nt FF. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Since when did morals change? That lad will change his mind as often as his panties, but that doesn't make his statement from 18 years ago any less true today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,761 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I would like to hear your comments on Dr Reilly and Phil Hogan regarding their recent "difficulties".
    Do you think that a person who cannot manage his own financial affairs should remain in charge of our Dept of Health?
    Do you think Hogan has compromised his position after it transpires he got cheap loans from Fingers Fingleton, loads that were not available to anyone else and which smell strongly of cronyism?
    Do you think there are others like Reilly and Hogan in the F.G. party?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement