Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

squod wrote: »
    Since when did morals change? That lad will change his mind as often as his panties, but that doesn't make his statement from 18 years ago any less true today.

The economy has changed drastically in that time though which should be in the forefront of his thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hijpo wrote: »
    Why inherit a house? you'll have to pay property tax, water charges, septic tank charges and on top of all that inheritance tax. Youd be better off leaving it to your pet cat or leaving it to Phil Hogan instead of a family member. You wouldnt be inheriting an asset youd be inheriting a pain in feckin hole.

I doubt there are many trying to sell/buy a house these days.

get on the housing list and let the tax payers look after you, live the easy life, why would the next generation encourage there kids to do otherwise?

I take it you don't own a house then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭Hijpo

donalg1 wrote: »
    The economy has changed drastically in that time though which should be in the forefront of his thinking.

Why didnt he fight harder in his campaign against the serverance and pension payments instead of claiming them? instead he was more interested in grabbing all he could while getting a HHC charge in place and a household database set up to impose more taxes as soon as humanly possible no matter what errors or hic ups would arise along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

mod:
    Paddy147 banned.

Constant goading.

bollocko, constant goading !!!!!!....you must be kidding me....what a joke ......change the rules mate.

also, DV, the person you say was being goaded, has been goading people in to paying this hhc for the past 5 months, ban him !!!!....or is it only when the 'goading' becomes personal ???...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

forgot to say...
    well done PADDY147 !!!!....good on ya mate....

• Advertisement

Why didnt he fight harder in his campaign against the serverance and pension payments instead of claiming them? instead he was more interested in grabbing all he could while getting a HHC charge in place and a household database set up to impose more taxes as soon as humanly possible no matter what errors or hic ups would arise along the way.

Sure of course he was, he is no different than the rest of us, everyone is out for one thing and thats themselves, they want to make as much money as possible in as short a time as possible. I dont know why people act surprised when a story breaks of a politician milking the system for all its worth, this has happened countless times before and will continue to happen.

I am not condoning this type of behaviour just saying its pretty much the norm these days.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Why didnt he fight harder in his campaign against the serverance and pension payments instead of claiming them?

What severance and pension payments?

I take it you don't own a house then?

I do, silly me. I should have told the social that i dont live with my partner and that she is a single parent to our 3 year old son. Then advise her to cut her working hours to 21 hours per week and not to do one solitary minute over them.
    Then we could literaly reap the "benefits" with tax exemptions and welfare payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    bollocko, constant goading !!!!!!....you must be kidding me....what a joke ......change the rules mate.

also, DV, the person you say was being goaded, has been goading people in to paying this hhc for the past 5 months, ban him !!!!....or is it only when the 'goading' becomes personal ???...

We have enough mods thanks.

Stick to the topic or don't bother posting.

Any questions about this warning or dr bollocko's can be asked in pm.

Sure of course he was, he is no different than the rest of us, everyone is out for one thing and thats themselves, they want to make as much money as possible in as short a time as possible. I dont know why people act surprised when a story breaks of a politician milking the system for all its worth, this has happened countless times before and will continue to happen.

I am not condoning this type of behaviour just saying its pretty much the norm these days.

hahah but sure thats why i dont understand why people can so easily hand over extra taxes to them with the belief that its going to provide services.

Ill make all the cuts and revamp the social welfare bill and public spending if you all vote me in. I dont live the high life, im not used to it, i dont need nor want it and would be firmly confident that my appreciation for money would not deteriate after becoming taoiseach.
    What severance and pension payments?
    http://www.thejournal.ie/kenny-says-he-will-defer-e100k-pension-lump-sum-until-he-leaves-politics-87736-Feb2011/
    He has already admitting to having taken a quarter of million in severance and pension while still a TD even though he has been campaigning against these payments” Kelleher said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

I would like to hear your comments on Dr Reilly and Phil Hogan regarding their recent "difficulties".
    Do you think that a person who cannot manage his own financial affairs should remain in charge of our Dept of Health?
    Do you think Hogan has compromised his position after it transpires he got cheap loans from Fingers Fingleton, loads that were not available to anyone else and which smell strongly of cronyism?
    Do you think there are others like Reilly and Hogan in the F.G. party?

I'd love to give my thoughts on these matters, but these are not relevant to the topic of this thread.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

hahah but sure thats why i dont understand why people can so easily hand over extra taxes to them with the belief that its going to provide services.

Ill make all the cuts and revamp the social welfare bill and public spending if you all vote me in. I dont live the high life, im not used to it, i dont need nor want it and would be firmly confident that my appreciation for money would not deteriate after becoming taoiseach.

http://www.thejournal.ie/kenny-says-he-will-defer-e100k-pension-lump-sum-until-he-leaves-politics-87736-Feb2011/

I for one knew the HHC wouldnt be going to local services as they claimed but I paid it as my reason for paying was never about the local services I would receive as a result, I doubt anyone paid it with the belief that its going towards the provision of services. I suppose it could be argued that it is going to help maintain the services already in place but we certainly wont be getting any additional services for it.

Someone already posted that link on this thread. Two days after that story was published, Kenny said he would be foregoing his teaching pension.

I know, you asked what pensions and payments, i answered. So hes not going to take 100,000 for a job he hasnt done in 30 years? hell simply have to scrape the end of the barrel and live miserably on his Minister and TD pensions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I do, silly me. I should have told the social that i dont live with my partner and that she is a single parent to our 3 year old son. Then advise her to cut her working hours to 21 hours per week and not to do one solitary minute over them.
    Then we could literaly reap the "benefits" with tax exemptions and welfare payments.

Why haven't you given your house away if it's such a chore to own one? I'll take it off your hands if you want.

hell simply have to scrape the end of the barrel and live miserably on his Minister and TD pensions?

I don't think he's said that either.

I for one knew the HHC wouldnt be going to local services as they claimed but I paid it as my reason for paying was never about the local services I would receive as a result, I doubt anyone paid it with the belief that its going towards the provision of services. I suppose it could be argued that it is going to help maintain the services already in place but we certainly wont be getting any additional services for it.

but the services provided at the moment are not the main drain on the economy. All of a sudden the country owes money for bailouts and first thing out of the government is "public services, jesus lads the public services need to be paid for, the country is fu**ed if we dont make them pay for the public services"

but the services provided at the moment are not the main drain on the economy. All of a sudden the country owes money for bailouts and first thing out of the government is "public services, jesus lads the public services need to be paid for, the country is fu**ed if we dont make them pay for the public services"

Its just a way for the Govt to raise a little extra cash, the LA's budgets next year will no doubt be reduced by whatever is taken in from the HHC much the same as NPPR

Why haven't you given your house away if it's such a chore to own one? I'll take it off your hands if you want.

luckily were heading to cash for gold to get some money for my partners engagment ring so it will keep the wolves from the door for another little while. Selling isnt an option, i havent paid the HHC :(

i never said it was a chore either, inheriting a house would be if you already had your own house to pay for.

However telling the social a load of lies is still an option, might aswell be a fraudster aswell as a tax dodger. whats the old saying "hung for a sheep as a lamb" or something?
    I don't think he's said that either.
    Whats he saying and how much of it is believable?
    Its just a way for the Govt to raise a little extra cash, the LA's budgets next year will no doubt be reduced by whatever is taken in from the HHC much the same as NPPR
    use the cash they save by not wasting it themselfs, after that i would have no problem what so ever contributing to the coffers based on efficient spending and salaries, pensions and expenses that are brought into line with our current economic situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,761 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'd love to give my thoughts on these matters, but these are not relevant to the topic of this thread.

Of course you would :rolleyes:

My thoughts are that both men are not fit for purpose. Inky pinky ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

anyone gotten their "reminder letter" yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

You voted for him based on what he said 18 years ago?

Eighteen years ago........ Such a long long time ago.

Yet other political party members alleged past from the 60's get dragged through these threads repeatedly. :rolleyes:

So you paid the government a fee to lie to you:confused:

What was your actual reason for paying Donal? I don't believe you've ever made that clear yet.

Was your payment made in leiu of an FG party donation worth a hundred euro? (you've started you paid the government the fee in the full knowledge it wouldn't go where they said it was going)

We need more data man. :pac:

I think most posters frequenting this thread must all be ex directory, as no one seems to have received any to date :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

bgrizzley wrote: »
    im not hyperbolically painting anything, tax evasion has always been used as a form of dissent, thats just a fact. (ghandi against the salt tax, thoreau refused to pay because of slavery, boston tea party).

the legal remedies you speak of are beyond the means of the majority of people to avail of, and no-one voted in this crowd so they could pay this tax, they voted them in because they were'nt FF. ;)
    Invoking Ghandi is just more hyperbole.

And if the CAHWT can't afford to take legal actions then maybe they aren't the powerful popular movement they make themselves out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Reminder for what?

dvpower wrote: »

And if the CAHWT can't afford to take legal actions then maybe they aren't the powerful popular movement they make themselves out to be.

Its unfortunate for CAHWT that they don't have access to the same public coffers that FG seem to use as their personal piggy banks.

Now then, whose for Copacabana for a couple of nights?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Ghandee wrote: »
    Its unfortunate for CAHWT that they don't have access to the same public coffers that FG seem to use as their personal piggy banks.

Now then, whose for Copacabana for a couple of nights?:pac:
    ... followed by Ghandee invoking more hyperbole.

Ghandee wrote: »
    You voted for him based on what he said 18 years ago?

Eighteen years ago........ Such a long long time ago.

Yet other political party members alleged past from the 60's get dragged through these threads repeatedly. :rolleyes:

So you paid the government a fee to lie to you:confused:

What was your actual reason for paying Donal? I don't believe you've ever made that clear yet.

Was your payment made in leiu of an FG party donation worth a hundred euro? (you've started you paid the government the fee in the full knowledge it wouldn't go where they said it was going)

We need more data man. :pac:

Seriously I stated numerous times why I paid it. Very recently too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

dvpower wrote: »

C'mon DV you is just trollin' now. you said,

Painting tax evasion as some kind of act of political dissent is nothing more than hyperbole.

to which i pointed out that tax evasion has always been used for political dissent giving examples.

What do the cahwt have to do with real people? they are just more politicians squawking their own agenda, same as fg.

Real people cant afford to take this on legally but they can and have done much better by just not paying it and making the government look like the incompetent shower of gombeenmen they are.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Reminder for what?

Analogue tv is being switched off in October: well that's the only reminder I got:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement