Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

dvpower wrote: »
    Bloody hell - this one doesn't seem to even believe that the legislation is real.

The denial is strong with this bunch alright.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    No motor tax comparisons today? Maybe I missed them.

Wow - clever!

Oh... wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

alastair wrote: »
    The LGMA is a non-political body - it's a bunch of civil servants.

A bunch of civil servants who will say, act, and do whatever their masters tell them to. (Just look at how RTE have jumped to attention since FG came to power)

He who pays the piper calls the tune, dont forget.

I think it's safe to say that the people with access to the full databases are in a better position to comment than the outcome of your askaround amongst your mates.

I dont personally.

These same people with 'official databases' couldnt still can't say how many bloody houses their are in Ireland, and how many are liable for the charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

If you don't accept the legislation as proof, what evidence (if any) would you accept?

Audited accounts from each LA.

Mind you, not if PWC were doing them.

Hijpo wrote: »
    Course they will, they have to to change the legislation to suit themselfs when they have a sufficient database.
    The Dail lmao "were not touching your pay lads and well even stick in an tax break for ministers, how does that sound?"
    the troika will get there money, its already been agreed that they dont care where it comes from or whos put out on the road aslong as they get it.
    When you say tax, do you mean the household charge or the property tax?

1. They have to change the legislation to account for a tiered/banded system.
    2. They don't have to rename it.
    3. What pay are you on about - trhis is a property tax, and none of it goes near a TD.
    4. The troika specified that we wouldn't get the loan without setting up a property tax system. That's public knowledge.
    5. They're both taxes - what's the context?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Wow - clever!

Oh... wait...

Well we know you believe you are clever. That very answer above, shows that. But when push came to shove, you have a history of showing just how clever you are with your sneering replies.

How could there be an 'independent' source? - any figures must originate from the LGMA and you don't think they're independent.

Ok, so thats finalized it for me....

If the Government say so, its gotta be true......
    They have not , would not and did not lie to us.... EVER. :rolleyes:

Ghandee wrote: »
    A bunch of civil servants who will say, act, and do whatever their masters tell them to. (Just look at how RTE have jumped to attention since FG came to power)

I dont personally.

These same people with 'official databases' couldnt still can't say how many bloody houses their are in Ireland, and how many are liable for the charge.

So - that would be refusal to take the only source of information on payments as proof of anything. Well done is avoiding the realities once again!

No motor tax comparisons today? Maybe I missed them.

Alastair knows all there is to know about motor tax....so a little birdie told me.

It's amazing what you can find out if you trawl through a lot of posts as I was told to do by one of the pro tax people.

Well we know you believe you are clever. That very answer above, shows that. But when push came to shove, you have a history of showing just how clever you are with your sneering replies.

Ah now - you've overstretched yourself here - ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I dont personally.

Actually wasnt the official figure brought into question when they found out that people with huge portfolios were paying for each house they owned meaning just because 60% of houses were paid for doesnt mean 60% of the liable populous paid.

So - that would be refusal to take the only source of information on payments as proof of anything. Well done is avoiding the realities once again!

No Alastair, the only proof you have is my refusal to take a proven bunch of liars at their word.

Fool me once, shame on you, shame me twice shame on me, you know how it goes mate.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Pretty poor turnout at the big protest today. They managed to get a few thousand out on the streets at the start of the campaign. Now its down to under 400 (I'm sure the usual suspects will dispute the figure - you know the Irish Times will report what their political masters tell them to etc).

Campaign is dying a death.
    Up to 400 people marched to the Leinster House this evening in protest
    against household and water charges.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0718/breaking60.html

RBB was on top form 'though.
    a war of the super rich, the bankers, the corporate elite and the financial elite against the poor and against ordinary workers.
    :pac:

Hijpo wrote: »
    Actually wasnt the official figure brought into question when they found out that people with huge portfolios were paying for each house they owned meaning just because 60% of houses were paid for doesnt mean 60% of the liable populous paid.

That makes no sense whatsoever - If I'm the super-rich property magnate that's just paid up for 1000 properties, that's counted as - wait for it - 1000 liable properties. The' liable populous' are the the 'liable household owners'.
    Of the estimated 1.6 million households in the country an estimated 986,676 have registered to pay the charge. A total of 962,283 have made the payment, there are 6,400 applications awaiting the resolution of queries, and 17,993 have registered for a waiver.

Pretty poor turnout at the big protest today. They managed to get a few thousand out on the streets at the start of the campaign. Now its down to under 400 (I'm sure the usual suspects will dispute the figure - you know the Irish Times will report what their political masters tell them to etc).

If you would call over 600,000 not paying 'dying a death'!

No Alastair, the only proof you have is my refusal to take a proven bunch of liars at their word.

Name one individual in the LGMA, that has been known to lie - I'm dying to hear the specifics.

kr7 wrote: »
    If you would call over 600,000 not paying yet 'dying a death'!

Fixed that for you.

you've overstretched yourself here

Well, you are more likely to do that, since you have a penchant for circus personal.

Fixed that for you.

Ah thanks, you pro tax lot are good at putting words into peoples mouths/twisting what people say aren't you.

Your wasted working on those cars, you should be in politics.

While the other protesters (all 699600 if the govt are to be believed :rolleyes:) protested by the easiest way they could, sat back and did nothing.

Just for the tit for tat element, I'll also add the :pac:

:D

• Advertisement

He didn't reveal how the HHC money wasn't going to the local authorities then? Shame.

If you would call over 600,000 not paying 'dying a death'!

Get with the program - the latest figures being spun by the campaign is two million
    The fact that 50 per cent of householders, representing two million or so of our people are maintaining a boycott against the intimidation and the threats that have been heaped upon them is a show of huge determination to defeat this tax

These people are priceless.

Ah thanks, you pro tax lot are good at putting words into peoples mouths/twisting what people say aren't you.

Your wasted working on those cars, you should be in politics.

What did he do on cars? I vaguely remember some attempt at avoiding duty on an import maybe? I might be thinking of something else though

Get with the program - the latest figures being spun by the campaign is two million

Did he put a single pinkie finger to his mouth while he uttered the figure?

What did he do on cars? I vaguely remember some attempt at avoiding duty on an import maybe? I might be thinking of something else though

You might be talking through your arse - unsurprisingly. :p

Every grouping has someone who is an embarrassment.
    People who disagree with this charge have boyd barrett.
    You have big phil.

Did he put a single pinkie finger to his mouth while he uttered the figure?
    Oh I hope not, not just after he pulled the figure out of his arse.

It's a pity there so ****e ok.

I'd wager everyone in the Labour party is against this charge, behind closed doors, but gilmore and the party whips will do anything to be in power.

Oh I hope not, not just after he pulled the figure out of his arse.

Actually - I think we've missed his most important point - he reckons two million have paid! Bonus!

• Advertisement

indeed keady

Do you like classic cars robbie? I know where there's a couple of nice ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement