Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

donalg1 wrote: »
    So you admit then that those that use Public Transport dont pay Motor Tax and that the money they pay in taxes to use the Public Transport doesnt go to LA's.

Thats grand so.

I admit, as I have done all along, that they don't pay motor tax directly, they pay it indirectly.

I admit that because it is a fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

kr7 wrote: »
    I admit, as I have done all along, that they don't pay motor tax directly, they pay it indirectly.

I admit that because it is a fact.

How do they pay Motor Tax indirectly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

I'm not the one trying to link the motor tax to the HHC.

I'm the one trying to show you pro taxers that the motor tax argument wrong.
    And I have pointed out a flaw in your reasoning. You are trying to simultaneously argue that public transport users do pay motor tax as indirect payment should be considered payment nonetheless

But you appear to be continuing with the insistence that there will be some who will not pay for local services as their indirect contributions should not count?

Surely you see the problem here?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Jesus, you are so confused that you can't even admit what you were.

No confusion at my end - just as there's no double standard in my highlighting the nonsense directed at property taxation.

donalg1 wrote: »
    How do they pay Motor Tax indirectly?

I've explained it in simple english several times.
    You don't want to see how it is, so I'll leave it at that.

• Advertisement

It's been fun so far - but something of a failure

For those who need a recap:

Own car - pay motor tax
    Don't own car - don't pay motor tax
    Own property - pay property tax
    Don't own property - don't pay property tax

(exemptions apply)

alastair wrote: »
    No confusion at my end - just as there's no double standard in my highlighting the nonsense directed at property taxation.

So were you at the time, when you refused to pay a lawful tax due by you in the UK, a tax defaulter?

It's been fun so far - but something of a failure

For those who need a recap:

Own car - pay motor tax
    Don't own car - don't pay motor tax directly.
    Own property - pay property tax
    Don't own property - someone else will subsidise your usage of LA services.

(exemptions apply)

FYP

So were you at the time, when you refused to pay a lawful tax due by you in the UK, a tax defaulter?

Sure - just as I'm 100% tax compliant now - can you say the same?

I suppose though - since I was paying the poll tax 'indirectly' , I was subject to something of an injustice! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I've explained it in simple english several times.
    You don't want to see how it is, so I'll leave it at that.

You have never explained it you have just said that people that use Public Transport pay Motor Tax indirectly.

I have pointed out who actually pays Motor Tax and what happens to money received from Motor Tax payments and have shown that those that use Public Transport dont pay Motor Tax directly or indirectly.

I only want you to explain to me how someone using Public Transport pays motor tax directly or indirectly and how they fund LA's directly with the money they pay when using Public Transport as this is what Motor Tax is.

• Advertisement

lugha wrote: »
    And I have pointed out a flaw in your reasoning. You are trying to simultaneously argue that public transport users do pay motor tax as indirect payment should be considered payment nonetheless

But you appear to be continuing with the insistence that there will be some who will not pay for local services as their indirect contributions should not count?

Surely you see the problem here?

I see your point, but as I've said, all I'm trying to do here is dispel the myth that people who don't own a car, don't pay motor taxes.

I just pointed out that if you use some forms of public transport you may be indirectly paying a percentage of the motor tax that vehicle is liable for.

That's all, motor tax has nothing to do with the HHC, so people should stop comparing the two.

I see your point, but as I've said, all I'm trying to do here is dispel the myth that people who don't own a car, don't pay motor taxes.

No myth. They don't.

That's all, motor tax has nothing to do with the HHC, so people should stop comparing the two.

That'll happen as soon as the whingers stop claiming property tax is unfair because it's only directed at property owners... while they pay their motor tax.

Sure - just as I'm 100% tax compliant now - can you say the same?

I suppose though - since I was paying the poll tax 'indirectly' , I was subject to something of an injustice! :p

I could show you my current TCC if you like. Just renewed it about 3 weeks ago.

Thankfully you've admitted to being a tax defaulter in the past, yes?

If so, and you admit that here, we can move the discussion on.

If not, I will keep bringing it up until you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

... and failing in a spectacular fashion.

I could show you my current TCC if you like.

Not really the same thing as being 100% tax compliant though, is it? - when the cert doesn't cover taxes administered outside the revenue.

You're currently a tax evader.

Not really the same thing as being 100% tax compliant though, is it? - when the cert doesn't cover taxes administered outside the revenue.

You're currently a tax evader.

I'm currently a charge evader.

I never said I wasn't, I don't deny it.

I'm very happy about that.

But I admit what I am.

You were a tax defaulter in the UK when it suited you but you can't/won't admit it.

I am 100% tax compliant. 100%.

I'm currently a tax evader.

fyp.

I never claimed to have done anything but refuse to pay the poll tax. Thing is, I didn't try to claim it wasn't a tax, that I was paying it 'indirectly' or any of the other nonsense wheeled out regarding the current tax.

I am 100% tax compliant. 100%.

Not when you're refusing to pay your taxes you're not. But no bother - you'll get there in the end - with a few penalties for good measure.

• Advertisement

fyp.

I never claimed to have done anything but refuse to pay the poll tax. Thing is, I didn't try to claim it wasn't a tax, that I was paying it 'indirectly' or any of the other nonsense wheeled out regarding the current tax.

Getting close to slanderous there alastair, directly calling me a tax evader. Careful.
    You can be traced by your IP address you know.

All my taxes are up to date.

The charge that I am liable for, I'm refusing to pay.

My taxes are not up to date.

The tax that I am liable for, I'm refusing to pay.

Fixed that for you. My IP isn't going to change the facts of the matter. Slander requires a falsehood - which simply isn't there.

Fixed that for you. My IP isn't going to change the facts of the matter. Slander requires a falsehood - which simply isn't there.

Your doing it again, you've been reported for breaking the forum rules and mods have been told that these posts may be required pending further action.

I am not liable for a property tax pal, there is no such thing in Ireland at the moment.
    There is a household charge, which I'm refusing to pay.

But, carry on slandering me if that's what you want to do. You have been warned.

I'm currently a charge evader.

I never said I wasn't, I don't deny it.

I'm very happy about that.

But I admit what I am.
    Getting close to slanderous there alastair, directly calling me a tax evader. Careful.
    You can be traced by your IP address you know.
    You freely admit to being a charge evader, but threathen to go to law when called a tax evader - this is schizophrenic stuff.

Your doing it again, you've been reported for breaking the forum rules and mods have been told that these posts may be required pending further action.

I am not liable for a property tax pal, there is no such thing in Ireland at the moment.
    There is a household charge, which I'm refusing to pay.

But, carry on slandering me if you like.

Heh - you were talking about intimidation. :p

I'm singularily unimpressed with your threats. You're liable for a tax - have been quite open about not paying it, and consequently are a tax evader. That's just how it is - regardless of what fantasy you think is at play. To slander you, there would need to be a falsehood in the mix there - but no! 100% accurate summation of the situation.

Report away, tax evader.

dvpower wrote: »
    You freely admit to being a charge evader, but threathen to go to law when called a tax evader - this is schizophrenic stuff.

How do you work that out dv?

The simple fact is that I am 100% tax compliant, have the recently issued TCC to prove it.

I have not paid the HHC, which at the moment is not a tax.
    When it's changed to a property tax then the boy might have a point but as of now he is changing my posts in a slanderous fashion.

Heh - you were talking about intimidation. :p

I'm singularily unimpressed with your threats. You're liable for a tax - have been quite open about not paying it, and consequently are a tax evader. That's just how it is - regardless of what fantasy you think is at play. To slander you, there would need to be a falsehood in the mix there - but no! 100% accurate summation of the situation.

Report away, tax evader.

You stick to the old cars, you'd never make it in the legal profession.

How do you work that out dv?

You've clearly constructed some major qualitative difference between a tax and a charge in your own mind. I'm afraid I'm not qualified to help you with that.

The simple fact is that I am 100% tax compliant, have the recently issued TCC to prove it.

That only proves your revenue taxes are up-to-date - nothing more. You've stated that you haven't paid your HHC - which we all know is a tax. You can't have it both ways.

• Advertisement

That only proves your revenue taxes are up-to-date - nothing more. You've stated that you haven't paid your HHC - which we all know is a tax. You can't have it both ways.

Back to this.
    Where do the revenue commissioners refer to what we have in place now as a tax?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement