Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

kr7 wrote: »
    Wonder is it against forum rules to refer to people as 'taigs'.

You might do that on here, you wouldn't do it face to face.

Why don't you shoot off another post to the mods (in lieu of actually formulating a sensible case for your tax evasion)? Or are you still too busy with your solicitors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Wonder is it against forum rules to refer to people as 'taigs'.

You might do that on here, you wouldn't do it face to face.

Water of a ducks back to a 'hardened nordie' like myself kr7 lol....

I've been called worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

alastair wrote: »
    I'm more interested in your current tax evasion status. As we both know, I'm 100% tax compliant here and in the UK - which sadly can't be said for you.

For the 4000th time, I'm not a tax evader, I'm a charge evader.

It really is hard for you isn't it.

We don't have household tax, we have a household charge.

When we have a property tax, I will be a tax evader.

Ghandee wrote: »
    Water of a ducks back to a 'hardened nordie' like myself kr7 lol....

I've been called worse.

Did someone call you alastair?

For the 4000th time, I'm not a tax evader, I'm a charge evader.

It really is hard for you isn't it.

We don't have household tax, we have a household charge.

When we have a property tax, I will be a tax evader.

Repeat and rinse - you and I know you're just digging that hole of guff, while the penalties for your refusal to pay your taxes mount up.

Tax evader in denial.

• Advertisement

Repeat and rinse - you and I know you're just digging that hole of guff, while the penalties for your refusal to pay your taxes mount up.

Tax evader in denial.

Lodger in hiding. Na na na na na!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Some of you need to cop on. If the attitude doesnt go away, this thread will.
    Last warning

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Some of you need to cop on. If the attitude doesnt go away, this thread will.
    Last warning

Sorry Keith, but yer man alastair is reduced to name calling now, he's dragging us down with him.
    I'll refrain.

Later, boys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

What penalties did you pay for your evasion?

And so - normal service can resume - where we can all acknowledge the HHC is a tax.

• Advertisement

robbie7730 wrote: »
    What penalties did you pay for your evasion?

None - sanity prevailed and we returned to council taxes.

None - sanity prevailed and we returned to council taxes.

Rioting ensued and the government backed down you mean.

Not in docile Ireland though, with a browbeaten population.

Rioting ensued and the government backed down you mean.

Not in docile Ireland though, with a browbeaten population.

Just a measure of how different a poll tax is from a property tax. Glad you hold your fellow citizens in such high esteem though!

Just a measure of how different a poll tax is from a property tax. Glad you hold your fellow citizens in such high esteem though!

Only some of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

And so - normal service can resume - where we can all acknowledge the HHC is a tax.

Just one question if I may. Will you answer, as truthfully as possible, al, and this is a serious question that I already know the answer to. If a person was to be brought to court tomorrow for not paying the HHC and on the arrest warrant, presented to the Judge, was, this person is charged with not paying his/hers/its HH Tax, do you think that case would proceed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

darkhorse wrote: »
    Just one question if I may. Will you answer, as truthfully as possible, al, and this is a serious question that I already know the answer to. If a person was to be brought to court tomorrow for not paying the HHC and on the arrest warrant, presented to the Judge, was, this person is charged with not paying his/hers/its HH Tax, do you think that case would proceed.
    Of course it would go ahead. The legislation is very clear.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2011/en/act/pub/0036/print.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

There's no such thing as road tax - direct, 'indirect', or otherwise..

I'm still waiting for those solicitor's letters.

and i'm still waiting for the answers to the questions i posed to you ....will i post them again, I want you to answer them :).....are you man enough....how about Lugha...or DV....go on lads, one of ye answer as Alastair is unable:D:D:D

Here they are guys....yes or no !....i want to see ye acknowledge the rip off, wasteful, incompetent administration we have here...

1. are Irish politicians / public sector workers paid more than in the UK ?
    2. are Irish public sector pensions higher than those in the UK ?
    3. do Irish workers pay higher rates of tax than those in the UK ?
    4. is the general cost of living in Ireland higher than in the UK ?
    5. is the VAT rate in Ireland higher than the UK ?
    6. are public services in UK better than in Ireland ?
    7. are childcare costs in Ireland higher than in the UK ?
    8. is VRT applied to cars in the UK ?
    9. are welfare payments, rent allowances etc. higher in Ireland than in the UK ?
    10. do you think there is more political / public accountability in the UK than Ireland?

ALASTAIR , DV ...COME OUT , COME OUT , WHERE EVER YOU ARE ?????? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i am waiting........:D

oh AL..AS...TAIR ....how about this one I posted recently.....got no reply from any of you....care to make a sensible, adult comment now ?

"according to wikipedia, David Cameron, the British prime minister, leader of 60 million people, earns £142,000 a year which today equates to €182,000......meanwhile, in Ireland, Dublin City manager (John Tierney) earns €189,301 !!!! .......and Inda who is leader to 4.5m people earns €200,000...

ALASTAIR, DX, DV, VLADIMIR, etc... try to defend those figures...explain to me how , I am getting value for money...explain to me how there is no room here for savings ?....and please, no stupid remarks like 'that's their salary' which Alastair is so good at making.
    This is but one tiny example of the kind of sh!te that is killing this country."

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    and i'm still waiting for the answers to the questions i posed to you ....will i post them again, I want you to answer them :).....are you man enough....how about Lugha...or DV....go on lads, one of ye answer as Alastair is unable:D:D:D

Here they are guys....yes or no !....i want to see ye acknowledge the rip off, wasteful, incompetent administration we have here...

1. are Irish politicians / public sector workers paid more than in the UK ?
    2. are Irish public sector pensions higher than those in the UK ?
    3. do Irish workers pay higher rates of tax than those in the UK ?
    4. is the general cost of living in Ireland higher than in the UK ?
    5. is the VAT rate in Ireland higher than the UK ?
    6. are public services in UK better than in Ireland ?
    7. are childcare costs in Ireland higher than in the UK ?
    8. is VRT applied to cars in the UK ?
    9. are welfare payments, rent allowances etc. higher in Ireland than in the UK ?
    10. do you think there is more political / public accountability in the UK than Ireland?

There really is no point in asking the posters mentioned above any questions.
    Masters of the art of deflection.

dv & alastair, the enda & eamon of boards.ie.

They will probably come out with something like enda's waffle yesterday.

http://www.tv3.ie/news.php?request=&tv3_preview=&video=51034

Have a listen from around 1m25s

This is the leader of our country, the one fighting for us in europe.

God help us all.

• Advertisement

oh AL..AS...TAIR ....how about this one I posted recently.....got no reply from any of you....care to make a sensible, adult comment now ?

"according to wikipedia, David Cameron, the British prime minister, leader of 60 million people, earns £142,000 a year which today equates to €182,000......meanwhile, in Ireland, Dublin City manager (John Tierney) earns €189,301 !!!! .......and Inda who is leader to 4.5m people earns €200,000...

ALASTAIR, DX, DV, VLADIMIR, etc... try to defend those figures...explain to me how , I am getting value for money...explain to me how there is no room here for savings ?....and please, no stupid remarks like 'that's their salary' which Alastair is so good at making.
    This is but one tiny example of the kind of sh!te that is killing this country."

alastair is probably polishing his bowler hat for the parade tomorrow, that or playing his lambeg drum.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,761 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How did we not that "when you speak, you have to use words" -- Enda Kenny.
    This is comedy gold. It's no wonder Sarcozy had such a good laugh at him and ruffled his hair. Enda is the court jester alright, the entertainment.

How did we not that "when you speak, you have to use words" -- Enda Kenny.
    This is comedy gold. It's no wonder Sarcozy had such a good laugh at him and ruffled his hair. Enda is the court jester alright, the entertainment.

If it's not written down for him by one of his 'special' advisors, he's ****ed.

It reminds me of a saying from the Blackadder comedy series from the 1980 's
    "he talks like a plate of beans trying to negotiate its way out of the digestive system of a cat" :D:D:D:D:D

GOD HELP US ALL.....very true

would that be one of his OVERPAID special advisors for whom Inda 'bent' the rules a little so he could increase their salaries above the cap?.... a pay cap introduced by Inda himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

and i'm still waiting for the answers to the questions i posed to you ....
    Izzy, rather than bother with silly 20 question games why don’t you make whatever point you are trying to make and we can respond to it?

I would guess your point would broadly go along the lines that their needs to be massive cuts and adjustments in public sector spending / pay? To which my response, and I suspect most of the others would be to thank you for stating the blindingly obvious!

No serious observer could think we could deal with our deficit (which requires adjustments in the ball park of €10,000 per worker per year!) without major changes in the PS pay/pensions & welfare etc.

But that is not what is being discussed on this thread. In between Kr7’s attempts to flirt with Allister, we are trying to discuss the other mechanism in dealing with a deficit, which is the introduction of newer or higher taxes, the HHC in particular. And once again I would say that no serious observer thinks we could completely rule out any new taxes in our attempts to achieve this goal. Do you seriously think we can?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

dvpower wrote: »
    Of course it would go ahead. The legislation is very clear.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2011/en/act/pub/0036/print.html

Wrong dv,

Just look at the wording on the top of the page when you open the link, which, incidently, you provided. This is the wording that will be on a properly constructed arrest warrant.

LocalGovernment (Household Charge) Act 2011
    You may not substitute any other wording on such an official, legal document just because it may suit your own requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

darkhorse wrote: »
    Wrong dv,

Just look at the wording on the top of the page when you open the link, which, incidently, you provided. This is the wording that will be on a properly constructed arrest warrant.

LocalGovernment (Household Charge) Act 2011
    You may not substitute any other wording on such an official, legal document just because it may suit your own requirements.
    If and when cases are taken, it will be under the legislation I linked.
    Its very simple.

lugha wrote: »
    Izzy, rather than bother with silly 20 question games why don’t you make whatever point you are trying to make and we can respond to it?

I would guess your point would broadly go along the lines that their needs to be massive cuts and adjustments in public sector spending / pay? To which my response, and I suspect most of the others would be to thank you for stating the blindingly obvious!

No serious observer could think we could deal with our deficit (which requires adjustments in the ball park of €10,000 per worker per year!) without major changes in the PS pay/pensions & welfare etc.

But that is not what is being discussed on this thread. In between Kr7’s attempts to flirt with Allister, we are trying to discuss the other mechanism in dealing with a deficit, which is the introduction of newer or higher taxes, the HHC in particular. And once again I would say that no serious observer thinks we could completely rule out any new taxes in our attempts to achieve this goal. Do you seriously think we can?

Lugha, it was one attempt and I was taking the p***.

How come people take a post meant in jest seriously and posts meant seriously are dismissed out of hand.

It's hard to have a proper discussion this way.

• Advertisement

I'm very willing to engage properly with yourself lugha, and a few others here regarding addressing our current deficit, but some posters like dv and alastair refuse to listen to any alternative ideas put forward by myself or others opposed to the household charge.

Snideness and pedanticism doesn't work with me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement