Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Ghandee wrote: »
    Lol, non comparison Alastair.

Do not try and convince me there was half add much outrage and anger with the USC and proposed property tax imposed on an already financially strained population.

Like I said, trouble this year with the hundred euro charge will be nothing compared to what it will be like when that is hiked up to seven hundred.

It will get seven times more people, seven times angrier than this year.

The USC is a bigger household overhead than the property tax is likely to be for most - the difference is that it's kinda hard to run away from for the short term. Property taxes are part and parcel of our future, so best to come to terms with that reality and avoid those penalties.

kr7 wrote: »
    See Ghandee, and I thought trolling was not allowed.
    Can't help himself.

For anyone who wants to know, I am fully tax compliant, have my recently issued TCC to prove it.

Some here would like to think different and state deliberate lies about me.
    And I pay all my other taxes but I won't pay this one.

Not 100% tax compliant then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

Well done you.
    Edit my posts to prove your point.
    Lies.

Tax compliant to the people who matter.

Well done you.

Honesty is the best policy.

Edit my posts to prove your point.

The full unedited post - no difference:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79725605&postcount=4553

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    Honesty is the best policy.

Well done you.
    Is that why you were looking for loopholes while importing cars?

Tax compliant to the people who matter.

Ahh - more faith-based approach to taxation. File in the 'indirect motor tax' drawer.

The pm's between alastair and dv would be interesting to see.

Ahh - more faith-based approach to taxation. File in the 'indirect motor tax' drawer.

Well done you.

Well done you.
    Is that why you were looking for loopholes while importing cars?

I paid what I was liable for. No evasion at play there.

• Advertisement

I paid what I was liable for. No evasion at play there.

Well done you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Why can't the two of you's ignore each other or take ur crap elsewhere

donalg1 wrote: »

Just highlighting dishonest posts where I find them.

donalg1 wrote: »

Donal, the name calling started again at around 3 this morning.
    I'm trying to debate while constantly being called a liar and a tax defaulter.
    Hard to read such deliberate lies.

Donal, the name calling started again at around 3 this morning.
    I'm trying to debate while constantly being called a liar and a tax defaulter.
    Hard to read such deliberate lies.
    And I pay all my other taxes but I won't pay this one.

Where's the lie now?

See what I mean?
    Troll is troll is troll.

Whenever this charge is turned into a council tax, I will consider paying it.

Until then, I'm refusing to as it singles out one section of society and penalises them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Whenever this charge is turned into a council tax, I will consider paying it.

Until then, I'm refusing to as it singles out one section of society and penalises them.

I hope you mean a council tax, as in the council will provide services for tax paid?

I hope you mean a council tax, as in the council will provide services for tax paid?

What do you think the council will be doing with this tax revenue (The HHC)?

Spot on Ghandee, but only when everyone who uses the same services pays the same price.
    Sounds fair, doesn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

What do you think the council will be doing with this tax revenue (The HHC)?

Throw good money after bad.

Throw good money after bad.

You've lost me then - why would a council tax be utilised any differently than a property tax? You're against any local authority funding then?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,761 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    I have been following this thread but now it's personal feelings between 2 people who have taken away any interest I have in continuing to follow the thread.

PLEASE PLEASE.......Can we just talk about HHC, not about who is calling who a liar/threats of libel etc???

BTW, I never paid the HHC, and also never got this famous reminder letter every non-paying household was supposed to get 2-3 weeks ago.

I have not paid either and won't pay a tax on my home. Have not got a letter either.
    I will pay a water tax though as I agree with that to an extent providing the water is of good quality. I don't like waste either.
    I would have paid a tax if it helped to get us out of this mess BUT not as long as it's a tax on MY home and not as long as there are homes which are exempt. That is not an EQUAL situation.

I have not paid either and won't pay a tax on my home. Have not got a letter either.
    I will pay a water tax though as I agree with that to an extent providing the water is of good quality. I don't like waste either.
    I would have paid a tax if it helped to get us out of this mess BUT not as long as it's a tax on MY home and not as long as there are homes which are exempt. That is not an EQUAL situation.

It's a tax on property owners. There are very few property owners exempt. You pay a tax on YOUR car, YOUR salary, YOUR telly, YOUR property purchase transaction too - where's the distinction with this tax?

It's a tax on property owners. There are very few property owners exempt. You pay a tax on YOUR car, YOUR salary, YOUR telly, YOUR property purchase transaction too - where's the distinction with this tax?

It is unfair, unjust and in my opinion illegal.
    It targets family homes. My home is private and i was told so by the council. It is something I will have no problem being jailed for. The council and Govt provide me with no services towards my home. I have also paid Stamp Duty on it. Any service i receive I pay for privately but would pay water tax with the proviso that it's good quality. A Home Tax is a bridge too far.

My telly -- I receive a selection of entertainment i.e. programmes for that tax.
    My car -- I receive motorways/roads. t/lights etc for that tax.
    My property -- I paid Stamp Duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

It targets family homes. My home is private and i was told so by the council. It is something I will have no problem being jailed for. The council and Govt provide me with no services towards my home. I have also paid Stamp Duty on it. Any service i receive I pay for privately but would pay water tax with the proviso that it's good quality. A Home Tax is a bridge too far.
    On what basis do you think it is illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Gonna wait 'till my interest and penalties on the HHC amount to €2.5bn. Then I might offer a token payment of €500m to the courts, before I ring in sick and bunk off across the border.

dvpower wrote: »
    On what basis do you think it is illegal?

Because it was not there when I bought my home and it was not factored into the future costs.
    If you bought a pair of shoes and took them home and began wearing them before then being approached and told you now have to pay a tax on them, would you pay it?

My telly -- I rfeceive a selection of entertainment i.e. programmes for that tax.
    My car -- I receive motorways/roads. t/lights etc for that tax.
    My property -- I paid Stamp Duty.

Your telly, car, income etc are all private too. Your home was equally private when you paid stamp duty on it's purchase transaction. You won't be jailed, but you will end up paying penalties - which seems pretty much like a nose/face situation to me.

You're simply wrong when you say your local authority provides no services to you. But we both know that - it's just bluster as a veneer for your unwillingness to pay another tax.

Your motor tax has as much to do with roads as VAT, or (whisper it) your property tax / HHC does.

• Advertisement

Because it was not there when I bought my home and it was not factored into the future costs.
    If you bought a pair of shoes and took them home and began wearing them before then being approached and told you now have to pay a tax on them, would you pay it?

Was always USC there? Have income taxes changed since you first started working? Are they illegal too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement