Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭Hijpo

dvpower wrote: »
    Izzy Skint wrote: »
    EQUALITY....Irish style
    They even it out with the whinging.

can that be classed as goading?
    not making a constructive argument, just posting with a smart ass comment to get a reaction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Y
    Am Chile wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten any letters as of yet relating to non payment ?

100000 people have apparently. Has the cahwt got the charge scrapped yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

donalg1 wrote: »
    Y

100,000 ?... could you tell me in which parts of the country have these letters been sent out ?.....nobody on here has reported receiving one, or even heard of someone receiving one !!.....what are the odds of that ?

We are being lied to AGAIN !...the gubberment are now so desperate, they will try and say anything, the latest scare tactic is "responsibility for collection is being handed to the REVENUE"...who are they trying to fool ? who are they trying to scare ?.... revenue have no more chance of collecting this than the councils have.
    The gubberment are now in a very embarassing situation, and they know it. This property tax is doomed to failure.

Y

100,000 ?... could you tell me in which parts of the country have these letters been sent out ?.....nobody on here has reported receiving one, or even heard of someone receiving one !!.....what are the odds of that ?

We are being lied to AGAIN !...the gubberment are now so desperate, they will try and say anything, the latest scare tactic is "responsibility for collection is being handed to the REVENUE"...who are they trying to fool ? who are they trying to scare ?.... revenue have no more chance of collecting this than the councils have.
    The gubberment are now in a very embarassing situation, and they know it. This property tax is doomed to failure.

How is it doomed to failure. Or are you talking about the anti campaign, how's that going has the charge been scrapped yet, after all that is their goal isn't it?

Apparently is what I said, there are about ten people on this thread 100 at the most have read it. So its hardly surprising they haven't got one seeing as half a million others haven't either.

And who are the gubberment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

They're how whingers, with nothing constructive to add, refer to the Government.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

How is it doomed to failure.

This how

How is it doomed to failure. Or are you talking about the anti campaign, how's that going has the charge been scrapped yet, after all that is their goal isn't it?

Apparently is what I said, there are about ten people on this thread 100 at the most have read it. So its hardly surprising they haven't got one seeing as half a million others haven't either.

it is doomed to failure because no matter what they do, no matter how they share info between different departments, no matter what actions they take or threats they issue, they will ultimately need the publics assistance if they want to succeed, and they ain't going to get it are they ?...also,don't forget this is Ireland, our ps is hardly world renowned for their hard work and efficiency are they ?....the gubberment will eventually come to realise that this is totally un-workable, it's just a pity that they will have spent millions of tax payers money before they realise this.
    Can you honestly say that this is going well for them, they have tried numerous threats, sometimes they are even pleading with people to pay !....does not bode well for the pro tax brigade !

if you are happy to believe that 100,000 letters have been sent out, then that's fine with me, personally I don't believe ONE WORD our politicians say, especially when they are trying to impose a tax on us...think about it.
    After these first reminders, they plan to issue second reminders....when ?....will it be after the other 500,000 receive their first reminders ?...lol, what a joke !

The gubberment are the overpaid, useless, incompetent, lying, gutless bullies who are ruining running the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Or to put it another way its ok for me to break the law if it costs the government €100 because your one down the road is breaking it too but costing them €200.

The way things are going the sheriffs will be out to us all................. just like the FG minister for health....

HEALTH Minister James Reilly is facing new pressure over his unpaid debts after the sheriff was given the power to seize his belongings if he doesn't pay €1.9m.

The development came as it emerged that the High Court has paved the way for Dr Reilly's assets to be seized and sold if he fails to pay the massive nursing home investment debt.

On top of being the first-ever sitting cabinet minister to be listed as a debt defaulter, Dr Reilly is now the subject of a sheriff's order to seize his assets if he doesn't pay his debt.

The sheriff orders, issued days after the debt was registered in the courts, have not yet been received by John Fitzpatrick, the Sheriff for Dublin City and County.

But Mr Fitzpatrick said he will have no option but to move on the orders, which allow bailiffs to forcibly enter properties and seize assets such as cars and paintings, if directed to do so by the courts.

"Once we receive it (the orders), we have to execute it," said Mr Fitzpatrick, who added that the orders, which are known as fieri facias (Latin for 'that you cause to be made') or 'fifa' for short, are powerful tools used by creditors as part of an overall strategy to force debtors to pay up.

Dr Reilly has been unable to shake the controversy surrounding his debts since he was named as a debt defaulter in the 'Stubbs Gazette' earlier this month.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/sheriff-given-power-to-seize-reillys-belongings-3182235.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

mikom wrote: »
    The way things are going the sheriffs will be out to us all................. just like the FG minister for health....

Defies belief really. Some example set by a leader lol.

Spud republic.

it is doomed to failure because no matter what they do, no matter how they share info between different departments, no matter what actions they take or threats they issue, they will ultimately need the publics assistance if they want to succeed, and they ain't going to get it are they ?...also,don't forget this is Ireland, our ps is hardly world renowned for their hard work and efficiency are they ?....the gubberment will eventually come to realise that this is totally un-workable, it's just a pity that they will have spent millions of tax payers money before they realise this.
    Can you honestly say that this is going well for them, they have tried numerous threats, sometimes they are even pleading with people to pay !....does not bode well for the pro tax brigade !

if you are happy to believe that 100,000 letters have been sent out, then that's fine with me, personally I don't believe ONE WORD our politicians say, especially when they are trying to impose a tax on us...think about it.
    After these first reminders, they plan to issue second reminders....when ?....will it be after the other 500,000 receive their first reminders ?...lol, what a joke !

The gubberment are the overpaid, useless, incompetent, lying, gutless bullies who are ruining running the country.

A million people have registered which makes me think its not really doomed. However the campaign against it does appear doomed, well I suppose I can't say it is doomed as its already dead in the water.

I assume when you say gubberment you actually mean government and are trying but failing to be clever or funny. Is it child speak or something because there is nothing worse than an adult talking in child talk.

• Advertisement

A million people have registered which makes me think its not really doomed. However the campaign against it does appear doomed, well I suppose I can't say it is doomed as its already dead in the water.

I assume when you say gubberment you actually mean government and are trying but failing to be clever or funny. Is it child speak or something because there is nothing worse than an adult talking in child talk.
    Dead in the water. ?.....are 700,000 going to admit defeat and pay up next monday morning?....dream on....and don't believe numbers quoted by the gubberment, don't believe what u read in papers or hear from rte...they just pass on the spin they get from gubberment spin doctors.
    They haven't got a clue how to do this, they are making it up as they go along, even if they decide on a route a whole new set of problems arise....collection + enforcement! !
    I call them gubberment not to be funny, just to show the low level of regard i have for them and their ability to run the country....children could actually do a far better job....now that is funny!...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

mikom wrote: »

Well, all I can say to that, mikom, is, if it were to pan out like that, the sheriff would not be getting our most valuable posessions, which was my wife's engagement ring and other jewellery. Cause we had some debts, and being good citizens, we did what we were advised to do by a minister in our govt. and sell it, rather than look for any help from the state.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

There is one thing registering and paying €100 a year. It's another thing altogether paying €1000 a year. This campaign hasn't even begun yet. As soon as people realise what is coming down the track the government is in for a bruising campaign to get people to accept forking out €1000 for less services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Goodnight so. I'm not staying here on my own.:p

Dead in the water. ?.....are 700,000 going to admit defeat and pay up next monday morning?....dream on....and don't believe numbers quoted by the gubberment, don't believe what u read in papers or hear from rte...they just pass on the spin they get from gubberment spin doctors.
    They haven't got a clue how to do this, they are making it up as they go along, even if they decide on a route a whole new set of problems arise....collection + enforcement! !
    I call them gubberment not to be funny, just to show the low level of regard i have for them and their ability to run the country....children could actually do a far better job....now that is funny!...lol

Of course its dead in the water, the whole aim of the cahwt was to get the HHC scrapped, that hasnt happened and will never happen so yes it is dead in the water. Dream on if you think the cahwt are ever going to get this scrapped, its here to stay unfortunately.

Still not paying
    its here to stay unfortunately

If your that dissapointed about it you should have made a stand against it.

If they said you owe them €100 this year for [insert random items here] and were told next year it will definitely go up but we dont know how much. You'd probably pay that aswell as the HHC, wouldnt you

Hijpo wrote: »
    Still not paying

If your that dissapointed about it you should have made a stand against it.

If they said you owe them €100 this year for [insert random items here] and were told next year it will definitely go up but we dont know how much. You'd probably pay that aswell as the HHC, wouldnt you

As I have previously stated before the reason I paid it was because I know its here to stay and figured I would have to pay it eventually so I decided it was better to pay €100 rather than €100 plus the late fees and penalties saving myself money in the long run.

I see your point but from what i can gather youd rather save 50 quid than make stand against extra taxation for less services, or atleast lower quality services, compared to other 1st world countries and could cost you well more than 150?

I see your point but from what i can gather youd rather save 50 quid than make stand against extra taxation for less services, or atleast lower quality services, compared to other 1st world countries and could cost you well more than 150?

But I never saw the point in making a stand and costing myself more money, if I thought that the anti campaign had any chance of getting the HHC scrapped then I might have considered not paying, but I never for a second thought there was any hope of it being scrapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

But I never saw the point in making a stand and costing myself more money, if I thought that the anti campaign had any chance of getting the HHC scrapped then I might have considered not paying, but I never for a second thought there was any hope of it being scrapped.

If everyone thinks like this we would never achieve anything.

• Advertisement

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    If everyone thinks like this we would never achieve anything.

Can you see the point in me spending more money than was necessary, basically throwing money down the jacks for no reason.

The cahwt havent achieved anything yet though have they, and I dont think they are going to achieve anything.

Well actually the only thing they seem to have achieved is making sure we all pay more than was necessary if the reports of an increase in income tax to cover the money not collected on the HHC are to be believed.

ah right, so you would be happy to jump on the band wagon of certainty but wouldnt like to pitch in if theres a chance things might get messy.

Well actually the only thing they seem to have achieved is making sure we all pay more than was necessary if the reports of an increase in income tax to cover the money not collected on the HHC are to be believed.

If i was you id make a stand against an income tax increase, youv already paid the HHC.

ah right, so you would be happy to jump on the band wagon of certainty but wouldnt like to pitch in if theres a chance things might get messy.

Exactly, I couldnt see the point in costing myself more money. If a member of the cahwt offered to pay the penalties and late fees for me I would have waited.

The cahwt are telling people not to pay this charge but when the time comes that the charge has to be paid along with the late fees the cahwt wont be anywhere to be seen.

well now you'll end up paying the HHC and higher income tax. so you didnt save yourself much money after all.

well now you'll end up paying the HHC and higher income tax. so you didnt save yourself much money after all.

Which is as a result of others not paying their HHC so was out of my control. They will have to pay the same, so the clever ones that think by not registering that they are managing to fly under the radar will are only kidding themselves as they will be found eventually and made pay the late fees and penalties, plus any rise in income tax, so technically I will have paid less than them when the time comes as I wont have paid the late fees.

Which is as a result of others not paying their HHC so was out of my control. They will have to pay the same, so the clever ones that think by not registering that they are managing to fly under the radar will are only kidding themselves as they will be found eventually and made pay the late fees and penalties, plus any rise in income tax, so technically I will have paid less than them when the time comes as I wont have paid the late fees.

Might be a change of govt before our highly esteemed, hard working employees in the ps responsible for tracking late/non payers down Donal.

We know how efficient they are.

Change of govt = abolishment of property tax, and any charges/fines related to it.

Ghandee wrote: »
    Might be a change of govt before our highly esteemed, hard working employees in the ps responsible for tracking late/non payers down Donal.

We know how efficient they are.

Change of govt = abolishment of property tax, and any charges/fines related to it.

I doubt there is going to be a change of government before the next budget though.

Would love to hear the thoughts of the cahwt regarding the fact that people that have paid the HHC are now going to be asked to cover the money the others havent bothered paying. They seem to be very quiet on the subject although the whole campaign has been pretty quiet lately.

I doubt there is going to be a change of government before the next budget though.

Would love to hear the thoughts of the cahwt regarding the fact that people that have paid the HHC are now going to be asked to cover the money the others havent bothered paying. They seem to be very quiet on the subject although the whole campaign has been pretty quiet lately.

They might say if people didn't run with their pants down to pay a charge this year, without knowing what they'd be charged next year almost immediately when the govt asked, Instead of standing together, refusing to cooperate, at least until the problems we already have (overspending, wastage, ineffective overpaid workers, bloated multi-pension entitlements, vrt, etc etc) had been tackled, and fixed, deserve to pay twice.

Not having a go at you Donal, but only by standing together and demanding the system gets fixed, instead of fueling a broken one would have been the sensible thing to do.

• Advertisement

CAHWT would more than likely be on your side and campaign against them making people pay twice. If there was, would you campaign against increased income tax in order to collect payments?

the government has not done anything that warrants CAHWT reacting to it. The topic of HHC as a whole has become quiet dormant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement