Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Cesium Clock

Well the government lies most of the time , so I would have more faith in the ' boards' poll,

I have yet to meet anyone who has paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

Well the government lies most of the time , so I would have more faith in the ' boards' poll,

I have yet to meet anyone who has paid.

Cesium, you are spot about the govt. lying, they are constantly lying to the people, they are putting out spin devised by over paid advisers and they are also threatening us.
    I think the biggest lie is the so called "commitment" given to the troika to introduce a property tax....a load of bullsh*t in my opinion, the property tax primary aim is to reduce the amount of govt. spending cuts, it is a cop out by the government, they are totally gutless and will do anything to reduce the level of spending cuts they should introduce.....the troika would much prefer the govt. to cut it's spending further rather than introduce this tax......

the govt. could abolish this tax tomorrow morning if they wanted, just go to the troika, commit to cut spending further and I would guarantee the troika would agree immediately....why?....because it makes the most economic sense, it would reduce our borrowing needs, save on interest payments, shorten recovery time etc.

PEOPLE...DO NOT BELIEVE ONE WORD FROM THE GOVERNMENT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Cesium Clock

I will never pay, I will grow old in my house, incur all charges and levies on the house, cancel all insurances on the house, then use the house as my funeral pyre.

**** em.

Watch this great source

http://fknnewz.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

According to one recent report revenue are being given the task of collecting the household charge, althought its only being in one report without nothing offically confirmed, if revenue are given the task of collecting the household charge the only question remains to be answered is if it will be taken/deducted at source.

At
    last Monday’s council meeting, Mr Peter Carey, County Manager, promised to do
    everything in his power to collect the charge, but admitted that without a database, his hands were tied.

“We
    are operating within the shackles of the system, we are
    not allowed to follow up unpaid charges
    , we have no database,
    but whatever follow-up needs to be done, will be done,” he said.

He
    confirmed that the Revenue Service will eventually take on the collection of the
    €100 charge, the forerunner of a property tax.

“They
    have powers that we don’t have

http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/local/council-threaten-cuts-if-charge-unpaid-1-4117836

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Am Chile wrote: »
    According to one recent report revenue are being given the task of collecting the household charge, althought its only being in one report without nothing offically confirmed, if revenue are given the task of collecting the household charge the only question remains to be answered is if it will be taken/deducted at source.

There is no if about this.

There was a cabinet decision on the issue. The Revenue are getting it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

dvpower wrote: »
    There is no if about this.

There was a cabinet decision on the issue. The Revenue are getting it.

Knock on the door..... (someone from LA) we're here to collect the property tax as it appears you've still not paid.
    (me) 'fcuk off'

Knock on the door..... (some one from revenue) we're here to collect the property tax as it appears you've still not paid.
    (me) 'fcuk off'

Revenue/LA

Why will one be able to do something the other cannot?

Ghandee wrote: »
    Revenue/LA

Why will one be able to do something the other cannot?
    Open my payslip ... the Revenue have taken it from source.

Apply for a public contract ... the Revenue won't give me a clearance cert.

Open my payslip ... the Revenue have taken it from source.

They're taking it from source?

Apply for a public contract ... the Revenue won't give me a clearance cert.

I'm a paye employee, as are the vast majority of home owners.
    I don't intend applying for a public contract in the immediate future that will require me to have a tax clearance cert.

Any other reasons?

They're taking it from source?

Its a tool that is available to them. I don't expect this to be the primary mechanism, but I would expect them to use this for non payers.

So, you don't need to have anyone calling to your door; nobody to tell to f##k off.
    Sorry to disappoint.

Its a tool that is available to them. I don't expect this to be the primary mechanism, but I would expect them to use this for non payers.

So, you don't need to have anyone calling to your door; nobody to tell to f##k off.
    Sorry to disappoint.

That's a no then.

If they start to deduct from source, I'll start to get taxed in the north.

I work for a Derry based company, and obviously have an address and national insurance number etc.

What's their procedure after that?

• Advertisement

That's a no then.

If they start to deduct from source, I'll start to get taxed in the north.

I work for a Derry based company, and obviously have an address and national insurance number etc.

What's their procedure after that?
    If they can't attach your earnings, they can attach your property.

Its the beauty of a property tax. Traitorous types can't offshore their property.

If they can't attach your earnings, they can attach your property.

Its the beauty of a property tax. Traitorous types can't offshore their property.

But I'm not selling my property.

That's like putting an attachment on the 2 million euro savings i don't have.

But I'm not selling my property.
    lol.
    You tell that to the sheriff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

They're getting desperate again Ghandee.
    Your traitorous and the sheriff is coming to get ya....LOL

So, they'd evict us for non payment?

Break this down in Layman's terms.

If (and it is an if) this property tax does indeed survive, and in a few years if they demand thousands from us (reasonable assumption) yet you're unable to meet payment for any number of reasons. A sheriff could evict you?

You'll not convert many of the 'not paying/can't pay' camp with these repercussions Dv.

So, they'd evict us for non payment?

Break this down in Layman's terms.

If (and it is an if) this property tax does indeed survive, and in a few years if they demand thousands from us (reasonable assumption) yet you're unable to meet payment for any number of reasons. A sheriff could evict you?

You'll not convert many of the 'not paying/can't pay' camp with these repercussions Dv.
    I don't expect sympathy for traitors who would refuse to pay their tax and then try to put their earnings offshore to evade income tax too.
    People will applaud the sheriff when he cones to take your property - but I expect he'll start with removable assets.

You haven't really thought out your tax evasion scheme, have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

'Traitors' and 'evaders'?
    The insults and name calling is starting early today.

Taking removable assets, LOL, that's just what the government needs, more clapped out cars and old tv's...

Mod: Banned

I don't expect sympathy for traitors who would refuse to pay their tax and then try to put their earnings offshore to evade income tax too.
    People will applaud the sheriff when he cones to take your property - but I expect he'll start with removable assets.

You haven't thought out your definition of traitor either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

ok, so for not paying a E100 tax, we are traitors, that deserve to have our belongings taken from us and if that's not enough, then our homes(to the applause of our neighbours, no less)...

Didnt you forget the public executions?

You haven't thought out your definition of traitor either.
    You were painting that picture nicely.

• Advertisement

You were painting that picture nicely.

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?
    What parts of your grand tax evasion plan were you unclear about?

What parts of your grand tax evasion plan were you unclear about?

I need a diagram to explain the traitor remark.

I need a diagram to explain the traitor remark.
    A person who would put their income offshore to avoid income tax in a time of national emergency.

A person who would put their income offshore to avoid income tax in a time of national emergency.

National emergency times, are not the times for Govt advisory pay rises then.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cabinet-advisers-get-pay-rise-to-mark-first-year-203198.html

Denis O'Brien comes to mind.
    A great friend of FG.

National emergency times, are not the times for Govt advisory pay rises then.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cabinet-advisers-get-pay-rise-to-mark-first-year-203198.html

Pay rises for the cronies of FG/Labour then.
    Exactly the same as the last crowd. One and the same.
    I think that makes some posters happy though.

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Denis O'Brien comes to mind.
    Yeah. Ghandee is looking to take his lead from Denis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I will never pay, I will grow old in my house, incur all charges and levies on the house, cancel all insurances on the house, then use the house as my funeral pyre.

**** em.

Watch this great source

http://fknnewz.com/

Why would you cancel your insurance? That would be a silly idea now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

i am following this thread as i bask in the majorca sun, last night about 11 oclock local time whist enjoying a kerbside coffee a rubbish truck pulled up nearby, the rubbish was collected, then to my suprise the operator began to powerhose the empty bins, then the ground beneath and surrounding where the bins stood awaiting collection, now that is what i call local services.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement