Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Tell me something DV, why would it be delusional? I persoNally am highly suspicious of the CC folk now. The govt have already said they will resort to giving the collecting to others....Revenue...who is to say they won't use the tactic mentioned above? I have a street light not working outside my house , and will NOT phone them on either my landline, or my mobile, for fear of them using my contact details for their delusional MO.
    Have a think about it for half a minute. It would have to be a conspiracy between council management and their staff to keep it secret.
    Do you honestly believe that it would be possible to do this without some member of staff letting the cat out of the bag?
    And what would be in it for council management - to risk the integrity of the electoral system in order to collect more tax?

It would have to be a government led conspiracy, with buy in from ordinary staff.
    It makes no sense on any analysis.

@Le_Dieux You honestly think the council are recording phone numbers of people who ring them and using these for HHC collection?

Take off your tinfoil hat and set yourself free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

dvpower wrote: »
    Updating the electoral register is just one of the many services that the LAs provide.
    Only the deeply delusional would see it as anything else.

you have to admit its a bit strange, though. in my years on the register ive never been asked anything about it until recently(i also posted earlier in thread about being asked informally by a neighbour who has something to do with the list)
    coincidence maybe, who knows.

on another note, ive noticed my council doing things ive never seen them do before, cleaning around road signs, cutting the hedge back from dangerous junctions.
    have they been told to look useful? cause its a nice change from seeing them warming the handles of shovels with their armpits.
    if they have, we can chalk another one down to the non-payers, cause they damn well wouldnt have improved if we had all paid.

i may just slip a hundred anonymously into an envelope for them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

There is zero evidence for it and its utterly implausable. I'm 100% confident that it's completly untrue.

Ya were also 100% confident that the council did'nt own the green areas of the private estate that I am living in.

darkhorse wrote: »
    Ya were also 100% confident that the council did'nt own the green areas of the private estate that I am living in.
    You're mistaken again.

Go, see what I said about that (and then come back and apologize).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

@Le_Dieux You honestly think the council are recording phone numbers of people who ring them and using these for HHC collection?

Take off your tinfoil hat and set yourself free.

When an animal is cornered He'll do anything to get out of the corner...YES, I do!

Quite simply, I don't trust the bactards. :mad::mad::mad:

bgrizzley wrote: »
    you have to admit its a bit strange, though. in my years on the register ive never been asked anything about it until recently(i also posted earlier in thread about being asked informally by a neighbour who has something to do with the list)
    coincidence maybe, who knows.

on another note, ive noticed my council doing things ive never seen them do before, cleaning around road signs, cutting the hedge back from dangerous junctions.
    have they been told to look useful? cause its a nice change from seeing them warming the handles of shovels with their armpits.
    if they have, we can chalk another one down to the non-payers, cause they damn well wouldnt have improved if we had all paid.

i may just slip a hundred anonymously into an envelope for them:D

Another thing that will be interesting to note is the number of road repair crews out come late October/November using up whatever budget is left, so they will get the same for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Cesium Clock

Updating the electoral register is just one of the many services that the LAs provide.
    Only the deeply delusional would see it as anything else.

Services? It's just making sure you are on the list to vote them back in,

Services? It's just making sure you are on the list to vote them back in,
    Well, that's optional. But some of us see the whole democratic system as something useful.

Another thing that will be interesting to note is the number of road repair crews out come late October/November using up whatever budget is left, so they will get the same for next year.
    Wow! All of the local authority cuts went completly over your head.

• Advertisement

Well, that's optional. But some of us see the whole democratic system as something useful.

What democratic system?

YOU will do this, YOU will take a cut in wages, YOU will pay this tax, YOU will pay that tax, YOU will be assessed on our terms as to the value of YOUR house...blah blah blah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yes, some like enda and co certainly would.

What democratic system?

YOU will do this, YOU will take a cut in wages, YOU will pay this tax, YOU will pay that tax, YOU will be assessed on our terms as to the value of YOUR house...blah blah blah.
    YOU got to make your choice at the last election. YOU lost. Suck it up.

There's a HUGE difference between a Government elected in the INTERESTS of the people it represents and a dictatorship.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

It's all about winners and losers, isn't it?

ncdadam wrote: »
    It's all about winners and losers, isn't it?
    In the elections? Yep.

There's a HUGE difference between a Government elected in the INTERESTS of the people it represents and a dictatorship.
    Dictatorship? Don't be so silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Another Govt U-turn.

€75m that was agreed to be saved, 'can't' be taken away.

You have to laugh really.
    Among the more curious allowances is a payment of €1.71 per day for staff who eat lunch at their desk, an annual allowance of €1,783 for franking post and a paper keeper's allowance of €3,176 a year.

But the Government is to execute what amounts to a U-turn on an announcement by Mr Howlin in the Budget last year to achieve savings of €75m in allowances and premium payments across the public sector this year.

In last December's Budget, Mr Howlin said: "In 2012, public service bodies will have to achieve savings in respect of overtime of 10 per cent and in allowances and premium payments of 5 per cent. "My department will lead a review of allowances and premium payments across the public service, in consultation with all government departments, in early 2012." The unions have claimed that the allowances and payments make up their members' pay and are, therefore, protected under the Croke Park deal. The disclosure today that the Government has scrapped the review will provoke outrage among many people expected to be seriously affected by the Health Service Executive (HSE) announcement on Thursday to slash spending by €130m.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/health-minister-reilly-shafted-cabinet-backs-croke-perks-3216960.html

You have to lol at an allowance paid 'for eating lunch at your desk'?

We're borrowing money to pay for this BS?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

What democratic system?

Funny, if I didnt know any better I would say that sounds like a school teacher !

Ghandee wrote: »

I presume by eating lunch at their desks they are covering phones or keeping a public office open at lunchtime.

On what basis did you think this allowance was negotiated?

• Advertisement

Dictatorship? Don't be so silly.

What other word would you use for a bunch who tell you they are going to tax you for this, that, going to deduct at source for something thats YOURS? And at the same time, the 'minister' who is pushing this, and making all the threats is withholding his own payments on his holiday home in Portugal?

I think dictatorship is apt in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭kulareggae

I presume by eating lunch at their desks they are covering phones or keeping a public office open at lunchtime.

over a lavish lunch at the tax payers expense of course ;)

Ghandee wrote: »
    Another Govt U-turn.

€75m that was agreed to be saved, 'can't' be taken away.

You have to laugh really.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/health-minister-reilly-shafted-cabinet-backs-croke-perks-3216960.html

And there's posters here who condone it.

On the bertie / ps unions election buying / blackmail dealings called benchmarking basis.

Funny how 'benchmarking' has been forgotten about now!

On the bertie / ps unions election buying / blackmail dealings called benchmarking basis.

Funny how 'benchmarking' has been forgotten about now!
    Well, that didn't answer my question at all.

Well, that didn't answer my question at all.

It may not be what you want to believe, but it's the truth.

It may not be what you want to believe, but it's the truth.
    So you're saying that the allowance for eating your lunch at your desk was part of the benchmarking deal negotiated during Bertie Ahern's tenure?

So you're saying that the allowance for eating your lunch at your desk was part of the benchmarking deal negotiated during Bertie Ahern's tenure?

Without taking sides, for me, ANYTHING would/could be possible under BH:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Any relation to paddy power?

• Advertisement

You tell me....

Even putting the words 'allowance for eating your lunch at your desk' together in one sentence shows how pathetic and mollycoddled our PS workers and their unions are.

A sick joke that the rest of us are paying for!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement