Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,760 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No idea who you are talking about but my guess is Fine Gael? You're obsessed with them, it's very unhealthy.

Yes F.G. are very unhealthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

No idea who you are talking about but my guess is Fine Gael? You're obsessed with them, it's very unhealthy.

Have you seen Reilly recently? Now that's an unhealthy look.
    What is it with our ministers for health never looking the picture of it?

Maybe he's stressed out with the defaulter naming?

As for Enda, he doesn't look well at all. Prob worried sick about the rebel party members he's surrounded himself with.

Tax dodgers, vat dodgers, service charge dodgers, debt dodgers, flower pot dodgers etc, etc etc..

New govt after Christmas, this one is about finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Ghandee wrote: »
    Might not be a bad idea if that happened. It might put paid to this silly notion that if we change the government our problems will be diminished. Not one iota.

We probably will change governments maybe a dozen times before this crisis is over but alas, and sorry to disappoint, but none of them will have a magical solution.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

donalg1 wrote: »
    Really I'm a strong supporter am I? I don't think so as I have said all along I would rather not have to pay it so I don't see how that means I support it.

Well reading through the thread I can see that you've paid the HHC so one would presume you support it otherwise you wouldn't have paid it.

Don't answer the questions then I'll aim them at some of the property tax supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

But the next one will definitely have the answers. Fine Gael are around to stay, it just depends on who'll be their coalition partner.

• Advertisement

Have you seen Reilly recently? Now that's an unhealthy look.
    What is it with our ministers for health never looking the picture of it?

Maybe he's stressed out with the defaulter naming?

As for Enda, he doesn't look well at all. Prob worried sick about the rebel party members he's surrounded himself with.

Tax dodgers, vat dodgers, service charge dodgers, debt dodgers, flower pot dodgers etc, etc etc..

We don't have a 'government'.
    We have a gang of overpaid civil servants implementing the decisions of the troika and the Germans.
    Our budget details this year will be seen by the bundestag before it'll be seen by the muppets in Leinster house!

But the next one will definitely have the answers. Fine Gael are around to stay, it just depends on who'll be their coalition partner.

FF used to think that!

ncdadam wrote: »
    FF used to think that!

Pretty sure they didn't running up to the last election though.

Pretty sure they didn't running up to the last election though.

And FG should remember that!;)

You hold that thought and come back to me with it post budget good sir.

There will be anger on our streets like never before, and I predict FG to be resigned to the political scrap heap soon afterwards.

We seen how FF slid into obscurity the last election time, now that FG are implementing every cut suggested by the troika (with little to no resistance) the public rightly or wrongly will look for a scape goat once enough are suffering.

FG (at the reigns) will be that scapegoat.

Somethings got to give chucky, i think in this case it will be FG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

There will be anger on our streets like never before, and I predict FG to be resigned to the political scrap heap soon afterwards.

We seen how FF slid into obscurity the last election time, now that FG are implementing every cut suggested by the troika (with little to no resistance) the public rightly or wrongly will look for a scape goat once enough are suffering.

And where will the vote go?

Taoiseach Clare Daly and Tanaiste Mick Wallace I suppose?

I heard this same BS about how the Fine Gael would fall due to the backlash over the Household charge. :pac:

And where will the vote go?

Taoiseach Clare Daly and Tanaiste Mick Wallace I suppose?

They'd get my vote ^ :pac:

I heard this same BS about how the Fine Gael would fall due to the backlash over the Household charge. :pac:

Did they succeed in implementing it btw?

They've admitted themselves it was a failure. :rolleyes:

Did they succeed in implementing it btw?

They've admitted themselves it was a failure. :rolleyes:

So the Government fell then did it? Oh must have missed the election. Strange how Fine Gael and Labour still managed to get re-elected. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

They'd get my vote ^ :pac:

And I'll stop paying my income tax (on point of principle of course).

And I'll stop paying my income tax (on point of principle of course).

Donal, if either two of them got into power I'd up sticks myself.
    Believe me.

Not a chance. They were elected on a platform of lies and on an anti F.F. wave of anger.
    F.G. are the same as F.F. i.e. exactly the same policies and the people have realised that. Unfortunately we have a poor choice as it's either F.F. or F.F. Mk 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,962 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Not a chance. They were elected on a platform of lies and on an anti F.F. wave of anger.
    F.G. are the same as F.F. i.e. exactly the same policies and the people have realised that. Unfortunately we have a poor choice as it's either F.F. or F.F. Mk 2.

In that case "the people" should be easily persuaded to vote for anti property tax parties and you will get your wish for a "rent" free future in your own house. Surely the choice does not lie only between FG and FF. Since CAHWT have been so sucessful how about the various ULA elements stand under a united CAHWT banner and Sinn Fein could enter into a transfer pact with them. This would surely sweep away FG and Labour and put people in government who will take a new approach. The fools, idiots, imbeciles etc as they are described here will be gone and happy days will lie ahead under our new dear leaders.

In that case "the people" should be easily persuaded to vote for anti property tax parties and you will get your wish for a "rent" free future in your own house. Surely the choice does not lie only between FG and FF. Since CAHWT have been so sucessful how about the various ULA elements stand under a united CAHWT banner and Sinn Fein could enter into a transfer pact with them. This would surely sweep away FG and Labour and put people in government who will take a new approach. The fools, idiots, imbeciles etc as they are described here will be gone and happy days will lie ahead under our new dear leaders.

We could have achieved as much if only FG had the balls to keep their promises and also to stand up for the people of Ireland by agreeing a better deal for their people with the Europeans.
    They are "killing" the working people on behalf of the IMF. All these taxes and cuts are too much in too short a period. They should have the guts to stand up to these people.
    Also I do not follow CAWTH or anyone else. I make my own decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

donalg1 wrote: »
    Really I'm a strong supporter am I? I don't think so as I have said all along I would rather not have to pay it so I don't see how that means I support it.

Well reading through the thread I can see that you've paid the HHC so one would presume you support it otherwise you wouldn't have paid it.

Don't answer the questions then I'll aim them at some of the property tax supporters.

You quite clearly haven't read through the thread if you believe that then. Just because I paid it doesn't mean I wanted to. I wanted to pay 100 and avoid the late fees figured it'd be better not to waste more money than I had to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

could anybody post a link to an official IMF / troika statement detailing their desire for a 0.5% property tax....thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    could anybody post a link to an official IMF / troika statement detailing their desire for a 0.5% property tax....thanks

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/scr/2012/cr12264.pdf
    The planned introduction of a value-based property tax in 2013 will provide a progressive and stable source of revenue. A suitably high level for this tax—where staff favored around the 0.5 percent mark—would help maximize these benefits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

is that 0.5% of land value or the easily manipulated property value?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

is that 0.5% of land value or the easily manipulated property value?
    They don't specify.

Izzy Skint wrote: »

The 0.5% is a recommendation by the IMF alone, it is not a troika instruction for our 'government', yet!
    The 'government' will go in as low as their allowed by the troika and then increase it to the IMF's rate over a couple of years.

Give it 2 or 3 years and the property tax will be around the €2,000 mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Good to see the clueless still knocking around here. I can only hope the IMF ideas are implemented, unlikely unfortunately.

You are entitled to your opinion Chucky, so am I:

I hope You are 100% wrong. Oh, and why stoop so low as to start name calling?

Sigh............................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

The 0.5% is a recommendation by the IMF alone, it is not a troika instruction for our 'government', yet!
    The 'government' will go in as low as their allowed by the troika and then increase it to the IMF's rate over a couple of years.

Give it 2 or 3 years and the property tax will be around the €2,000 mark.

They may try that NC, but at that stage, I'll either be homeless, or left Ireland. Personally, I am at the end of my thether...I can take NO MORE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Hopefully it won't see the light of day regardless, but anyway, the IMF are trying to pressurise the govt for DOUBLE the suggested percentage of house value.

http://www.newstalk.ie/2012/news/imf-wants-property-tax-twice-as-high-as-government/

They won't be happy until were in rags, scrounging for scraps of food on the street.

All to pay back a bail out the ordinary people didn't ask for, nor create the problem that meant we needed one to begin with.

Funny thing, just as you mention that they won't be happy til we are in rags
    no, sorry, I will try not to talk about my problems. Anyway, some years ago, I was watching a documentary about people looking for food in skips around the outside of supermarkets. It was in britain somewhere and it was on panorama. It was'nt so much that they were very poor, although it may have been a factor. Anyway, I remember saying to her indoors, would'nt it be a terrible way to live. Things are not looking great, all the same.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

No. The loans are secured on assets that would have originally been owned by Anglo. They are of course now owned by the state, indirectly, via IBRC.

When these bonds were sold, they were covered by something owned by Anglo, most likely a portion of their commercial loan book. When the bond is due for repayment, you either pay the amount due or else default and surrender that part of your loan book the bond was secured on.

So, why not surrender that part of the loan book/asset, that the bond was secured on, instead of draining the money from the very people trying to keep the economy afloat, us the consumer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement