Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Has anyone got a letter about this yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

How about you accept the fact that the money is being mis spent by and on those who are responsible for its use.
    Any chance?

By mispent do you mean renovating someones house who has been in a car accident and is now in a wheelchair and needs ramps and level access showers and stair lifts put in their house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

donalg1 wrote: »
    By mispent do you mean renovating someones house who has been in a car accident and is now in a wheelchair and needs ramps and level access showers and stair lifts put in their house?

The Mayor of cork was in a car accident?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Of course not. This happens and could happen much more if councillors werent claiming unvouched expenses, Lord mayors werent claiming €200,000 salaries, counties the size of Longford didnt have 3 or 4 mayors for villages which require offices, wages and expenses, TDs werent claiming salaries many multiples of their counterparts in other countries.
    How about you address these issues before telling someone like me with a take home wage of €460 for a 40 hour week that we should give more money to these folk.

Like wise if our leaders were not giving them selves and their fellow politicians and councillors many many multiples of the average wage there would be more money in the pot.
    Which option do you advocate more and which should happen first:
    (1) Take the money off the less well off and those who cannot afford it.
    (2) Take the money off those who are awarding themselves wages higher than the leaders of many countries AND unvouched expenses and perks which come out of our taxes in the first place.

Still hoping you will address this post.

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    The Mayor of cork was in a car accident?

shhhh, theres a good lad.

Of course not. This happens and could happen much more if councillors werent claiming unvouched expenses, Lord mayors werent claiming €200,000 salaries, counties the size of Longford didnt have 3 or 4 mayors for villages which require offices, wages and expenses, TDs werent claiming salaries many multiples of their counterparts in other countries.
    How about you address these issues before telling someone like me with a take home wage of €460 for a 40 hour week that we should give more money to these folk.

Why do I need to address these issues as everyone knows its a ridiculous waste of money by these lads.

Fact is though that County Councils funding has been cut as a direct result of the non payment of the HHC.

TRolling rather than addressing valid points?
    Why is it ok for our public servants to award them selves €200,000 plus salaries and then blame the tax payers for a lack of public money?

PLEASE ANSWER

Why do I need to address these issues as everyone knows its a ridiculous waste of money by these lads.

Fact is though that County Councils funding has been cut as a direct result of the non payment of the HHC.

And the reason there is wide spread non payment is because of the waste.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Wow, if ever there was a stench of Phil Hogan its right there

• Advertisement

And the reason there is wide spread non payment is because of the waste.......:rolleyes:

Ha ha are you actually serious, the reason there is widespread non payment is because it was a self registration and because the late fees were so minimal. :rolleyes:

Hijpo wrote: »
    Wow, if ever there was a stench of Phil Hogan its right there

How do you figure that one, is it because I am telling Mikom to be quiet because he is unable to keep up with the conversation.

Ha ha are you actually serious, the reason there is widespread non payment is because it was a self registration and because the late fees were so minimal. :rolleyes:

Well there couldnt be willful non payment if it was not self registration but taken directly from the tax payer.........

How do you figure that one, is it because I am telling Mikom to be quiet because he is unable to keep up with the conversation.
    TRolling rather than addressing valid points?
    Why is it ok for our public servants to award them selves €200,000 plus salaries and then blame the tax payers for a lack of public money?

PLEASE ANSWER

Keep up donalg1, and answer the questions.

Keep up donalg1, and answer the questions.

I believe I did answer that mikom, but thanks for proving my point that you cant keep up. Brilliant!

I believe I did answer that mikom, but thanks for proving my point that you cant keep up. Brilliant!

No you didnt and you are simply trolling at this point.
    So you accept that the money taken in taxes is being mis spent
    YET
    Think we should just keep giving to the gravy train.
    Yes?

Question: Are you ON the gravy train?

You didn't.
    You may have confused it with a game of golf you had the other day....

You didn't.
    You may have confused it with a game of golf you had the other day....

Kinda did though, but keep missing it true to form so well done there.

;)

No you didnt and you are simply trolling at this point.
    So you accept that the money taken in taxes is being mis spent
    YET
    Think we should just keep giving to the gravy train.
    Yes?

Question: Are you ON the gravy train?

Yes I did.

You should pay your taxes obviously. This is the law. To not pay them is to break the law. I cant condone breaking the law in any instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Hijpo

No its because of the arrogant and condescending attributes of "shhhh, theres a good lad"

It was as if you told a mother to "go and feed the children"

• Advertisement

Yes I did.

You should pay your taxes obviously. This is the law. To not pay them is to break the law. I cant condone breaking the law in any instance.

No. As a mature adult you have a responsibility to take a stand. Simply stating that something is 'the law' is not sufficient if this law is self serving and immoral and ultimately devisive and unfair.
    The entire country of Iceland 'broke the law' and look where they have gotten to.

No its because of the arrogant and condescending attributes of "shhhh, theres a good lad"

KInda like a politician..you know, the ones who make up 'the law'....

Calm down dear

Arrogant and condescending like the post from mikom above where he says "calm down dear", you mean?

Yes I did.

Pretty spineless post.

" I cant condone breaking the law in any instance."

Any instance?

Pretty spineless post.

Any instance?

Any instance where i do not have any other argument....

No. As a mature adult you have a responsibility to take a stand. Simply stating that something is 'the law' is not sufficient if this law is self serving and immoral and ultimately devisive and unfair.
    The entire country of Iceland 'broke the law' and look where they have gotten to.

No as a mature adult I have a responsibility to pay my taxes and look after my home, I dont want to have to pay more than €100 so I pay the HHC before March 31st, I dont want to have a charge registered against my home so I pay the HHC.

Far more mature than saying I am not paying because you cant make me.

Can you answer me this. Do you agree that you are directly responsible for the cut in funding to LA's this year as you didnt pay your HHC?

And do you agree then that you are directly responsible for the fact that somebody somewhere now cant have a ramp built to their house to enable them to come and go as they please without having to rely on someone else to help them out of their chair down the steps and back into the chair?

Because I for one would hold you and everyone else that hasnt paid the HHC accountable for the cut in funding given to LA's. And I would certainly lay the blame at your feet for someone suffering as a result of this cut in funding.

I am sure you and mikom will disagree, as agreeing with me will mean you have to admit you have caused hardship to someone less fortunate than yourselves.

Pretty spineless post.

Any instance?

So you think abiding by the law is spineless. Are you telling me that if I break the law I am cool and brave and not spineless.

So you think abiding by the law is spineless. Are you telling me that if I break the law I am cool and brave and not spineless.

Rolling over is spineless.
    Gobbling up every line of shite that is spun to you about how you will be to blame for an access ramp not being built is spinless.........or is that gullible........... meanwhile Enda breaches the pay cap to give his advisor a raise.

No as a mature adult I have a responsibility to pay my taxes and look after my home, I dont want to have to pay more than €100 so I pay the HHC before March 31st, I dont want to have a charge registered against my home so I pay the HHC.

Far more mature than saying I am not paying because you cant make me.

Can you answer me this. Do you agree that you are directly responsible for the cut in funding to LA's this year as you didnt pay your HHC?

And do you agree then that you are directly responsible for the fact that somebody somewhere now cant have a ramp built to their house to enable them to come and go as they please without having to rely on someone else to help them out of their chair down the steps and back into the chair?

Because I for one would hold you and everyone else that hasnt paid the HHC accountable for the cut in funding given to LA's. And I would certainly lay the blame at your feet for someone suffering as a result of this cut in funding.

I am sure you and mikom will disagree, as agreeing with me will mean you have to admit you have caused hardship to someone less fortunate than yourselves.
    Ok. Heres the deal:
    You directly answer the many posts asking you if it is sensible to hand over even more tax to institutions who simply squander the money on their own salaries, expenses and perks and then i will directly address this.
    I asked first so if you want a direct answer the ball is in your court.

• Advertisement

I asked first so if you want a direct answer the ball is in your court.

A golf ball I hope......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement