Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

mikom wrote: »
    Rolling over is spineless.
    Gobbling up every line of shite that is spun to you about how you will be to blame for an access ramp not being built is spinless.........or is that gullible........... meanwhile Enda breaches the pay cap to give his advisor a raise.

Enda is going to breach the pay cap anyway, me not paying the HHC wont change this. Me not paying the HHC will directly affect the amount of funding given to LA's. See the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

donalg1 wrote: »
    Enda is going to breach the pay cap anyway

Roll, roll, roll.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Kinda did though, but keep missing it true to form so well done there.

;)
    Like wise if our leaders were not giving them selves and their fellow politicians and councillors many many multiples of the average wage there would be more money in the pot.
    Which option do you advocate more and which should happen first:
    (1) Take the money off the less well off and those who cannot afford it.
    (2) Take the money off those who are awarding themselves wages higher than the leaders of many countries AND unvouched expenses and perks which come out of our taxes in the first place.
    Tell me. If you had a child to whom you were giving money for clothes and school books and you found out that they were spending the money on sweeties and trips to the zoo with their mates would you give them more money just because they demanded it?
    Of course not. This happens and could happen much more if councillors werent claiming unvouched expenses, Lord mayors werent claiming €200,000 salaries, counties the size of Longford didnt have 3 or 4 mayors for villages which require offices, wages and expenses, TDs werent claiming salaries many multiples of their counterparts in other countries.
    How about you address these issues before telling someone like me with a take home wage of €460 for a 40 hour week that we should give more money to these folk.
    TRolling rather than addressing valid points?
    Why is it ok for our public servants to award them selves €200,000 plus salaries and then blame the tax payers for a lack of public money?

PLEASE ANSWER
    Well there couldnt be willful non payment if it was not self registration but taken directly from the tax payer.........
    No you didnt and you are simply trolling at this point.
    So you accept that the money taken in taxes is being mis spent
    YET
    Think we should just keep giving to the gravy train.
    Yes?

Question: Are you ON the gravy train?
    No as a mature adult I have a responsibility to pay my taxes and look after my home, I dont want to have to pay more than €100 so I pay the HHC before March 31st, I dont want to have a charge registered against my home so I pay the HHC.

Far more mature than saying I am not paying because you cant make me.

Can you answer me this. Do you agree that you are directly responsible for the cut in funding to LA's this year as you didnt pay your HHC?

And do you agree then that you are directly responsible for the fact that somebody somewhere now cant have a ramp built to their house to enable them to come and go as they please without having to rely on someone else to help them out of their chair down the steps and back into the chair?

Because I for one would hold you and everyone else that hasnt paid the HHC accountable for the cut in funding given to LA's. And I would certainly lay the blame at your feet for someone suffering as a result of this cut in funding.

I am sure you and mikom will disagree, as agreeing with me will mean you have to admit you have caused hardship to someone less fortunate than yourselves.

So. The deal is:
    You answer the above then i answer you....

Enda is going to breach the pay cap anyway, me not paying the HHC wont change this. Me not paying the HHC will directly affect the amount of funding given to LA's. See the difference?

So lets give him the cash with which to do it?

Ok. Heres the deal:
    You directly answer the many posts asking you if it is sensible to hand over even more tax to institutions who simply squander the money on their own salaries, expenses and perks and then i will directly address this.
    I asked first so if you want a direct answer the ball is in your court.

Of course it isnt sensible to hand over more taxes to people that squander it, however, I dont see that I have a choice in the matter as it is the law.

As I have explained it is ridiculous the amount of waste on things such as the mayor of Corks salary.

But me not paying the HHC isnt going to mean he takes a cut in salary next year, as he will be getting this anyway.

Me not paying the HHC will directly affect the funding given to LA's.

Me not paying the HHC will mean I will have to pay more than was necessary in fines and late payment fees.

Me not paying the HHC will mean I could end up with a charge registered against my property.

But again my main point is, those that havent paid the HHC are in no position to moan about the cuts in services. So get answering.

• Advertisement

Of course it isnt sensible to hand over more taxes to people that squander it, however, I dont see that I have a choice in the matter as it is the law.

As I have explained it is ridiculous the amount of waste on things such as the mayor of Corks salary.

But me not paying the HHC isnt going to mean he takes a cut in salary next year, as he will be getting this anyway.

Me not paying the HHC will mean I will have to pay more than was necessary in fines and late payment fees.

Me not paying the HHC will mean I could end up with a charge registered against my property.

But again my main point is, those that havent paid the HHC are in no position to moan about the cuts in services. So get answering.
    Your last line is perfect:
    Im not moaning as i get no services. I am on a group water scheme, have a septic tank, pay for refuge, paid for my pot holed road when i built my house, paid stamp duty, have no street lighting.

So if something is 'the law' you simple abide by it. Is there any circumstance where you would not?
    I really want to Godwin this thread at this stage but I am also breaking that law....

Arrgh I cannot resist!!! NAZI GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!! They had some fine laws didnt they.....

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Ah the sheep is bleeting.

Just because the Shepard says the only way to guide said sheep is by sticking his crook up it's hole, doesn't make it right.

Stand up for yourself mr. Sheep. Don't let them ride you around the field.

Dub XV wrote: »

Just because the Shepard says the only way to guide said sheep is by sticking his crook up it's hole, doesn't make it right.

He is a fine example of why FF got into power so often though isnt he...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

United we stand, divided we fall Donal.

Of course its near impossible for the actions of one individual to change everything.
    If we all stood together though.......

Shock Horror someone on the HHC Thread gets called a sheep. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Your last line is perfect:
    Im not moaning as i get no services. I am on a group water scheme, have a septic tank, pay for refuge, paid for my pot holed road when i built my house, paid stamp duty, have no street lighting.

So if something is 'the law' you simple abide by it. Is there any circumstance where you would not?
    I really want to Godwin this thread at this stage but I am also breaking that law....

Arrgh I cannot resist!!! NAZI GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!! They had some fine laws didnt they.....

So you arent going to admit your non payment of the HHC has directly affected those less fortunate than yourself. I never mentioned anything about a cut in services you get, I said a cut in services in general. There are some here giving out how its a disgrace that services are being cut while they are spending €7m on the LGMA, my point is they are in no position to moan about these cuts as they are the ones directly responsible for them.

Ghandee wrote: »
    United we stand, divided we fall Donal.

Of course its near impossible for the actions of one individual to change everything.
    If we all stood together though.......

If we all did, however that is never going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Ah the sheep is bleeting

Look at the poll really really closely, take a long think about it and see where the flock of sheep are.

Lots of nasty name calling here. People have every right to pay their tax if they feel it should be payed. Pointing out bad practices by politicians to excuse your own tax dodging is not good, you don't have to be as bad as them, you can be better than them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

Glad you find it funny I am sure those left without services wont be laughing when they need their house adjusted due to a disability. I think the cut in services is down to the lack of collection of the HHC so it will be those that havent paid that are to blame.

I find your point of view funny.
    You might want to look back over the last few years and see that there were serious cuts in this section long before there was a HHC.

By your reckoning, because 600,000 havent paid €100 or €60 million in total, this is the cause of the cuts throughout the country?
    Strange logic there indeed, but sure if it makes you feel a bit better to blame people like me well you do that.
    Hope your comfortable on your high horse.

ncdadam wrote: »
    I find your point of view funny.
    You might want to look back over the last few years and see that there were serious cuts in this section long before there was a HHC.

By your reckoning, because 600,000 havent paid €100 or €60 million in total, this is the cause of the cuts throughout the country?
    Strange logic there indeed, but sure if it makes you feel a bit better to blame people like me well you do that.
    Hope your comfortable on your high horse.

The non payment of the HHC is a major factor in the reduction of the funding being given to LA's. Deny it all you want but it doesnt mean it isnt true. And you are the one laughing at these people that will suffer as a result of these cuts so seems to me you are the one looking down from above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

And you are the one laughing at these people that will suffer as a result of these cuts so seems to me you are the one looking down from above.

Laughing? really? where?
    It's gone to your head mate, your making stuff up now.
    Off out.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,760 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The non payment of the HHC is a major factor in the reduction of the funding being given to LA's. Deny it all you want but it doesnt mean it isnt true. And you are the one laughing at these people that will suffer as a result of these cuts so seems to me you are the one looking down from above.

Maybe the bosses in the F.G and the LA's could take some of the hit and this would cut out the bleeding heart stuff they are using to try to coerce people into paying.

They way I read that was they thought the admin side of introducing this would be minimal as people would register, however, they now have to waste money chasing the people that didnt pay so require the €7m to do this.

In a way its the people that didnt pay that have ensured the wastage of this €7m, oh and someone that hasnt paid cant really complain about cuts in services. If those with disabilities have thier grants cuts well they only have to look to those that havent paid the charge.
    Or they could look at the wastage of funds on vanity projects and salary's as large as some country's prime ministers they pay their county managers.
    But sure the ill's of the country are all down to people who won't pay their HHC.
    LMAO!
    Laughing? really? where?
    It's gone to your head mate, your making stuff up now.
    Off out.

Highlighted above for you there ncdadam. Personally I dont think it is funny that people with disabilities are losing out on services because people wont pay their HHC.

Maybe the bosses in the F.G and the LA's could take some of the hit and this would cut out the bleeding heart stuff they are using to try to coerce people into paying.

Of course they should but I doubt that is going to happen so we are left with the present situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Of course they should but I doubt that is going to happen so we are left with the present situation.

So we just leave it off them off? i dont have the money anymore to let fat cats choose how much i cough up to them.

You say people who didnt pay the HHC are to blame.
    well what about the people who couldnt be arsed taking substantial cuts in excessive salaries and allowances to pitch in? People who can actually very easily survive the cuts in there spendable income.

Oh and just to get back to you on the "shhh" comment
    he was simply asking you to calm down, where as you on the other hand were shushing him as if he was some kind of bold little child.

• Advertisement

So you arent going to admit your non payment of the HHC has directly affected those less fortunate than yourself. I never mentioned anything about a cut in services you get, I said a cut in services in general. There are some here giving out how its a disgrace that services are being cut while they are spending €7m on the LGMA, my point is they are in no position to moan about these cuts as they are the ones directly responsible for them.

I admit that due to my non payment of the HHC the Govt no longer has X amount of money with which have think ins in luxury hotels whilst giving them selves many multiples of my wage per year rather than spending it on the services you describe.
    Perhaps you should lecture from the top down. It'll take you a loooooong time to get to my responsibility.

I admit that due to my non payment of the HHC the Govt no longer has X amount of money with which have think ins in luxury hotels whilst giving them selves many multiples of my wage per year rather than spending it on the services you describe.
    Perhaps you should lecture from the top down. It'll take you a loooooong time to get to my responsibility.

Well when the LA's are being informed that their budgets are being cut as a direct result of the poor collection of the HHC, I think you can take it as your fault the budget is cut.

Knew you wouldnt admit it though. Oh and the Govt are going to continue with their luxury hotels and massive wages regardless of the collection rate of the HHC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Knight who says Meh

Well when the LA's are being informed that their budgets are being cut as a direct result of the poor collection of the HHC, I think you can take it as your fault the budget is cut.Or its the Govt's fault for pissing the money against a wall
    Knew you wouldnt admit it though. Oh and the Govt are going to continue with their luxury hotels and massive wages regardless of the collection rate of the HHC.
    Because compliant toadies like yourself sit back and let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Well when the LA's are being informed that their budgets are being cut as a direct result of the poor collection of the HHC, I think you can take it as your fault the budget is cut.

Goes back to my priority and essentials argument
    Youd rather stick the guilt trip on the few who didnt add a few million than stick it to the people who dont mind taking a couple of hundred million and rub our faces in it to top it all off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Knight who says Meh

If we all did, however that is never going to happen.

Hear hear.
    Thats my attitude. I now dump litter, fly tip, dont recycle, dont vote, and do not support any charaties. Sure its no use if every body isnt doing it.

Hijpo wrote: »
    Goes back to my priority and essentials argument
    Youd rather stick the guilt trip on the few who didnt add a few million than stick it to the people who dont mind taking a couple of hundred million and rub our faces in it to top it all off.

I am not sticking a guilt trip on anyone I am simply pointing out the fact that they are responsible for the LA's budgets being cut according to the Govt. If they feel guilty for not paying then well thats up to them.

Hear hear.
    Thats my attitude. I now dump litter, fly tip, dont recycle, dont vote, and do not support any charaties. Sure its no use if every body isnt doing it.

Whats your point exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,760 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

In my opinion anyone who pays the Property Tax is relinquishing ownership of a percentage of their property to the Government. It might only be anything up to a half of one percent in time but it is relinquishing ownership nevertheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

In my opinion anyone who pays the Property Tax is relinquishing ownership of a percentage of their property to the Government. It might only be anything up to a half of one percent in time but it is relinquishing ownership nevertheless.

Are you wired to the moon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

"Could you live with the shame"

Tried by the TV licence crowd already........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement