Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/home-tax-owners-to-decide-on-the-value-of-their-own-property-3228907.html

you have to value your own home ?...."just" tick the box corresponding to your home's value....we will take cash, credit card, direct debit or deduct from pay...spotchecks.....
    "The Revenue Commissioners will be in charge of collecting the payment and given powers to chase dodgers."....!!!!!

what a load of f*cking crap, how much money, time, resources are being wasted on this..... are they trying to frighten people again with the revenue comms. ?....are they trying to divide and conquer with their "ability to pay" and "people who have previously paid stamp duty" decoys?....don't be fooled all
    The time to take to the streets is nearing, people power can beat this, don't let a revenue commissioners letter frighten you people...even the revenue need our cooperation to introduce this.....and that is before the protests begin :)

No doubt it will be a mess again with the collection of this, but glad to see they have learned that minimal fines and late fees are no deterrent and are going to introduce some severe penalties.

Cant see people power beating this either, sure thats what they said about the HHC, the cahwt said they would get it scrapped and sure that failed miserably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

donalg1 wrote: »
    Really? Where did I say they are the cause of all the cutbacks? I believe I said they are somewhat responsible but not solely responsible. But sure post whatever lies you like Izzy.
    ok...put a € number to "somewhat responsible" and I will put that number into context for you....am waiting

ok...put a € number to "somewhat responsible" and I will put that number into context for you....am waiting

Yeah you can wait, as the fact is they are responsible for the cutbacks or are you denying this? I like the way you avoided admitting you made all that up anyway.

No doubt it will be a mess again with the collection of this, but glad to see they have learned that minimal fines and late fees are no deterrent and are going to introduce some severe penalties.

Cant see people power beating this either, sure thats what they said about the HHC, the cahwt said they would get it scrapped and sure that failed miserably.

it may not be scrapped, but I still haven't paid it, so it's as good as.. :)

it may not be scrapped, but I still haven't paid it, so it's as good as.. :)

Em no not really, as you said its not scrapped and never will be so the cahwt failed miserably. Always knew they would anyway. Maybe we should start calling them cawt, and then cat.

• Advertisement

Yeah you can wait, as the fact is they are responsible for the cutbacks or are you denying this? I like the way you avoided admitting you made all that up anyway.
    what did I make up ?....I avoided nothing, you are accusing us non payers of being responsible for cutbacks to disabled etc.... I want you to withdraw that NOW...have you any idea how effin stupid that statement is ?....withdraw it....and I suggest you take a look at the bigger picture before you post any more dribble:mad:

Em no not really, as you said its not scrapped and never will be so the cahwt failed miserably. Always knew they would anyway. Maybe we should start calling them cawt, and then cat.

I still have my €100 in my back pocket, from where I stand....it's scrapped :)

3 more months to go and it's officially scrapped :)

what did I make up ?....I avoided nothing, you are accusing us non payers of being responsible for cutbacks to disabled etc.... I want you to withdraw that NOW...have you any idea how effin stupid that statement is ?....withdraw it....and I suggest you take a look at the bigger picture before you post any more dribble:mad:

But you are responsible so I wont withdraw it NOW. Seriously calm down though. Are you saying you are not responsible for cuts in funding to the LA's? Because you quite clearly are, yes you are not solely responsible but responsible none the less. If that annoys or upsets you, well that isnt really my fault or problem now is it.

You claimed I said that the people that hadnt paid the HHC are respsonsible for all the cuts, which is simply not true and therefore made up.

3 more months to go and it's officially scrapped :)

Em no.

• Advertisement

the IMF "wanted" 0.5%, Noonan says "no, that's too high".....I think Noonan means too high for starters ? and then up it goes 2014, remember we have a €15b deficit ?...sounds like good cop / bad cop to me....or is it a case of bad cop / bad cop

But you are responsible so I wont withdraw it NOW. Seriously calm down though. Are you saying you are not responsible for cuts in funding to the LA's? Because you quite clearly are, yes you are not solely responsible but responsible none the less. If that annoys or upsets you, well that isnt really my fault or problem now is it.

You claimed I said that the people that hadnt paid the HHC are respsonsible for all the cuts, which is simply not true and therefore made up.

Donal, did you ever hear of the concept of root cause ?....work back, follow the clues, get to the heart of the problem....if you still think I am responsible in some way, then, I do not know what to say to you....anyway, must go out now.....have a good weekend....wooohooo....it's Friday !!

Donal, did you ever hear of the concept of root cause ?....work back, follow the clues, get to the heart of the problem....if you still think I am responsible in some way, then, I do not know what to say to you....anyway, must go out now.....have a good weekend....wooohooo....it's Friday !!

I do still think you are responsible, we have a difference of opinion thats all you think one thing I think another, its not a big deal.

But anyway enjoy your weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,760 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

lugha,

1. Do you think that someone who made a legal agreement and signed it and then refused to keep that agreement is guilty of a crime?
    2. Do you believe that someone who refused to co-operate with a Court Order and continues to flout the ruling of that court is guilty of a crime?

Yes or No will suffice.

Now with regard to the HHC none of us signed up to it and we may be guilty of a crime if we continue to refuse to pay this tax but we are doing it on a point of principle. It was forced on us against our will and we did not sign up to it beforehand unlike example 1 and 2 above.

the IMF "wanted" 0.5%, Noonan says "no, that's too high".....I think Noonan means too high for starters ? and then up it goes 2014, remember we have a €15b deficit ?...sounds like good cop / bad cop to me....or is it a case of bad cop / bad cop

Yes. It's like the HHC. They want to get you hooked first and then the rises will happen. Many will fall for it too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

Here we go again, you said that people who didn't pay the HHC were directly responsible for cuts to the disabled persons grants.
    You cannot back that up, but you're not man enough to admit your mistake and withdraw that lie.
    Everyone knows there has been cuts to LA budgets.
    Nobody on here cut the budgets, hulk hogan is solely responsible for this.
    If the LA's cannot manage their new budgets by bringing in efficiencies and changes to work practices that's their fault, not ours.

Now withdraw the lie you stated as fact and we can move on.

ncdadam wrote: »
    Here we go again, you said that people who didn't pay the HHC were directly responsible for cuts to the disabled persons grants.
    You cannot back that up, but you're not man enough to admit your mistake and withdraw that lie.
    If the LA's cannot manage their new budgets by bringing in efficiencies and changes to work practices that's their fault, not ours.

Hardly is a lie now, you denied that those that havent paid the HHC are directly responsible for cuts in funding to LA's, i gave you three links that proved you wrong and me right. You are directly responsible for these cuts end of story. Now dont start this again as I said yesterday I am right you are wrong so enough now.

You are never going to admit you are wrong, I am not mistaken so I do not need to withdraw anything. Now please enough of your ramblings.

Please Read

No doubt of course that you are going to deny this and still wont admit you are wrong. Until you do admit it dont bother talking to me about this subject any more. I proved you wrong yesterday and have done so again today, so best for you to stop digging now.

Just listened to the News on the radio and it seems that the people who will be billed first for the Property Tax are those who have already paid the HHC.

I wonder why that is :rolleyes:
    Any suggestions ?

Just listened to the News on the radio and it seems that the people who will be billed first for the Property Tax are those who have already paid the HHC.

Any suggestions ?

Its because it makes the most sense, because they have a list of their names and addresses. Quite obvious really.

Its because it makes the most sense, because they have a list of their names and addresses. Quite obvious really.

So they really don't know the rest of us then ?

• Advertisement

So they really don't know the rest of us then ?

Who knows, you just said that they will billing the ones that paid the HHC first to which I said of course they will be because it makes the most sense. I would assume though that if they said they are billing those first that they will be billing someone second, and by someone I would assume they mean those that havent paid the HHC. All assumptions of course.

Hardly is a lie now, you denied that those that havent paid the HHC are directly responsible for cuts in funding to LA's, i gave you three links that proved you wrong and me right. You are directly responsible for these cuts end of story. Now dont start this again as I said yesterday I am right you are wrong so enough now.

You are never going to admit you are wrong, I am not mistaken so I do not need to withdraw anything. Now please enough of your ramblings.

Please Read

No doubt of course that you are going to deny this and still wont admit you are wrong. Until you do admit it dont bother talking to me about this subject any more. I proved you wrong yesterday and have done so again today, so best for you to stop digging now.
    You really are a perfect example of a brainwashed individual.
    You came out with an outright lie about us being directly responsible for cuts to the disabled persons grant, you are unable to back that lie up and then change tact and say we are directly responsible for cuts to the la budgets.
    You still aren't big enough to admit your original statement was a lie.
    Typical childlike behaviour.

You were wrong initially and I was right, now get over yourself.

You came out with an outright lie about us being directly responsible for cuts to the disabled persons grant, you are unable to back that lie up and then change tact and say we are directly responsible for cuts to the la budgets.

Seriously, can you not read? Childlike behaviour is refusing to believe something when undeniable evidence has been presented to you. You are just looking foolish now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

lugha wrote: »
    I don't know what you mean by that?

Every elected official in the country could work for free, take no perks or expenses etc. It would have close to zero impact on our deficit.

Which is not to say that their renumeration should not be revised. It is just that this should not be presented as the solution, or even an element of the solution. It would be a gesture, little more.

Little more? You fail to appreciate the height of the opinion the public put on the wages paid to officials.

Seriously, can you not read? Childlike behaviour is refusing to believe something when undeniable evidence has been presented to you. You are just looking foolish now.
    I'll try again then.
    Show me proof that, 1, the disabled persons grant has been cut and 2, that people who didn't pay the HHC are directly responsible for that cut if it has happened.
    Those were the facts that you stated which I refute.
    You could just say that you were mistaken and that, in fact the disabled persons grant has not been cut, that is if your mature enough to admit your mistake.

I'll try again then.
    Show me proof that, 1, the disabled persons grant has been cut and 2, that people who didn't pay the HHC are directly responsible for that cut if it has happened.
    Those were the facts that you stated which I refute.
    You could just say that you were mistaken and that, in fact the disabled persons grant has not been cut, that is if your mature enough to admit your mistake.

Ok this is getting ridiculous now you are quite clearly a WUM. 1. I have done this, 2. I have done this. Now whether or not you choose to believe what is there in black and white is up to you. But saying I have not shown proof is a bit silly when I clearly have.

How can you honestly say the disabled grants have not been cut, when in the link I gave you says they have been cut in Kildare?

Now what were you saying about being mature enough to admit your mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Any suggestions ?

Cause they know where they are?:)

Ok this is getting ridiculous now you are quite clearly a WUM. 1. I have done this, 2. I have done this. Now whether or not you choose to believe what is there in black and white is up to you. But saying I have not shown proof is a bit silly when I clearly have.

How can you honestly say the disabled grants have not been cut, when in the link I gave you says they have been cut in Kildare?

Now what were you saying about being mature enough to admit your mistake

I've read through the three links you gave and not only is there no mention of the disabled persons grant having been cut, there's not even a mention of Kildare.
    I'm obviously dealing with someone with some comprehension problems so best leave it at that.
    You have the last word now, there's a good chap.

I've read through the three links you gave and not only is there no mention of the disabled persons grant having been cut, there's not even a mention of Kildare.
    I'm obviously dealing with someone with some comprehension problems so best leave it at that.
    You have the last word now, there's a good chap.

Are you actually joking now? Some comprehension problems you say? Well seems to me its you with these problems, look again at the link I gave you today and then come back to me telling me you are wrong and I am right thanks theres a good lad.

Post #7698. You really are looking more and more foolish by the post.

• Advertisement

Are you actually joking now? Some comprehension problems you say? Well seems to me its you with these problems, look again at the link I gave you today and then come back to me telling me you are wrong and I am right thanks theres a good lad.

Post #7698. You really are looking more and more foolish by the post.

I do apologise, that wasn't the link you referred to earlier.
    Now, I've read that link and nowhere does it say there's been a cut in the disabled persons grant.
    It mentions a suspension of housing grants ok, if that's what your referring to.
    This has been happening since 2007 in some councils but you seem to think it's only happening since March 31st of this year.
    If Kildare county council can't manage their budget maybe someone else should do it for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement