Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

These people must not include those preparing to part with much more than the HHC for the new iPhone 5. Queues expected outside shops and thousands have pre-ordered. I would hazard a guess that some of them already have a phone.

Defo on the beer!

We need to rise up folks.
    It works in Portugal.

http://news.eircom.net/breakingnews/20754512/?view=Standard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

dvpower wrote: »
    I don't think you quite understand this whole 12 years thing.

If the manage to go completely undetected for 12 years and you don't try to sell your house, then you may well get away with year 1 of the HHC.

But if the Revenue raise an assessment against you then that whole get out of jail free card is worthless.

Do us a favour DV, PLEASE tell us where in the govt you are? You have an answer for EVERYthing, and ALL in favour of the govt.

You sure You ain't BFP, or Reilly? Or even Enda? Please just put me out of my misery.

ncdadam wrote: »
    I'm relaying what I know from from personal experience.
    I also know another guy who is married with 2 kids, getting €450 a week on the dole and whatever other 'perks' are available to him.
    He is in a 5 year old council house and pays €150 per month.
    Why dv, do you think these people should not be liable for the property tax?

PLEASE answer this DV. And then please justify why I should pay!

Ghandee wrote: »
    Still haven't seen a source for government official figures yet?

Meanwhile, back in the real world, yet another pre-election promise broke.....

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/politicians-still-giving-jobs-to-family-despite-pledges-to-stop-3236601.html

Sure you did Colm :cool:

Sick of reading about broken promises and excuses at this stage, I thought their etoile be no more cronyism with the new lads in power, but nope.

FF.2

This type of shenanigans is fcuking disgusting. ALL these bloody TD's are painted with the same brush. Shorthall (sp?) went public in ( rightly) lambasting that gob****e of a minisister of health ( Her BOSS ).

Yet what did she do that night?? Why give him a 'vote-of-confidence.' FFS where the hell are we going here? Is there such a thing as a TD who thinks of the PEOPLE WHO PAY HIS/HER salaries?

I have yet to meet one.:mad:

• Advertisement

The students are doing their bit to the exchequer by purchasing booze, why have you a problem with that :confused:.

No disrespect Ghandee, but I can't agree here. I'm not blaming every student, but when 4 of them go p1ssing on a poor homeless man in Stephen's Green, I have absolutly no time for this. I would prefer that students stay away from booze if it is going to end up twith this result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    No disrespect Ghandee, but I can't agree here. I'm not blaming every student, but when 4 of them go p1ssing on a poor homeless man in Stephen's Green, I have absolutly no time for this. I would prefer that students stay away from booze if it is going to end up twith this result.

maybe they werre young Fine Gael, getting in a little practice for when they grow up...

bgrizzley wrote: »
    maybe they werre young Fine Gael, getting in a little practice for when they grow up...

LOL, perhaps BG...Maybe DV might know? ( NOT insinuating anything here:D )

Certainly has an answer for everything else when it comes to Lab/FG propaganda.

Still haven't seen a source for government official figures yet?

Meanwhile, back in the real world, yet another pre-election promise broke.....

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/politicians-still-giving-jobs-to-family-despite-pledges-to-stop-3236601.html

Sure you did Colm :cool:

Sick of reading about broken promises and excuses at this stage, I thought their etoile be no more cronyism with the new lads in power, but nope.

FF.2

FABULOUS comment on this item which really hit's home for me. Have lifted it, and hope it's ok with the Mods?:

450,000 on the dole and our politicians still want to keep it all in the family. As the weather turns cold people living on basic state support, many pensioners, will have to spend more time in bed in order to keep warm due to the cuts they have suffered in their meagre allowances. Those in multi-income families might think of that as they lounge in front of a blazing fire in an already centrally heated house. What a wonderful little country---as for "Labour", shame, shame , shame. Roisin Shortall is the only one with any self respect.

And I MUST give credit to the writer of this comment ( whom I have no idea is, otherwise I would have asked for permission to lift the comment ) - take a bow Jim O'Sullivan!

This type of shenanigans is fcuking disgusting. ALL these bloody TD's are painted with the same brush. Shorthall (sp?) went public in ( rightly) lambasting that gob****e of a minisister of health ( Her BOSS ).

Yet what did she do that night?? Why give him a 'vote-of-confidence.' FFS where the hell are we going here? Is there such a thing as a TD who thinks of the PEOPLE WHO PAY HIS/HER salaries?

I have yet to meet one.:mad:

This really begs a question directed to the supporter's of this current govt. - Just HOW can You support this blatant act of cronyism?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

FABULOUS comment on this item which really hit's home for me. Have lifted it, and hope it's ok with the Mods?:

450,000 on the dole and our politicians still want to keep it all in the family. As the weather turns cold people living on basic state support, many pensioners, will have to spend more time in bed in order to keep warm due to the cuts they have suffered in their meagre allowances. Those in multi-income families might think of that as they lounge in front of a blazing fire in an already centrally heated house. What a wonderful little country---as for "Labour", shame, shame , shame. Roisin Shortall is the only one with any self respect.

And I MUST give credit to the writer of this comment ( whom I have no idea is, otherwise I would have asked for permission to lift the comment ) - take a bow Jim O'Sullivan!
    Its a fantastic comment.
    But what pensioner's cuts is he referring to?

ncdadam wrote: »
    Why dv, do you think these people should not be liable for the property tax?
    'Cos they don't own property, silly.

This really begs a question directed to the supporter's of this current govt. - Just HOW can You support this blatant act of cronyism?
    Who exactly has supported it?

Its a fantastic comment.
    But what pensioner's cuts is he referring to?

What's wrong DV? Suffering from dimentia/memory loss? Wasn't the pension cut?

Anyhow, I can't speak for the said Jim O'Sullivan, I just fully endorse what He wrote.

Well, going on what You have been saying and the stance You have taken, I would sure surmise You as being a FG or Lab supporter. And if I assume wrongly, please accept my apology.

Still would like to know Your thoughts on this report though!

Scary thing for me, is what's left to vote for?

What's wrong DV? Suffering from dimentia/memory loss? Wasn't the pension cut?
    What pension cut are you referring to exactly?

Well, going on what You have been saying and the stance You have taken, I would sure surmise You as being a FG or Lab supporter.

So you just assume that supporters of the government also support this cronyism!
    Has it occurred to you that it is possible to support some government policies, but not others, or that its possible to support some government policy, but not support cronyism? Or is that all a little bit too multidimensional for you?

'Cos they don't own property, silly.

Laughable!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,957 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Spokesman for the people back again.

The people are buyin food, normal enough. But then the people are not eating some of that food. They are throwing it away, hundreds of euros worth ever year in the average household. Very strange when the people have no money.

Still would like to know Your thoughts on this report though!

Why would dv's thoughts be important.
    He's just another pro taxer with more questions than answers.
    See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil!

• Advertisement

So you just assume that supporters of the government also support this cronyism!
    Has it occurred to you that it is possible to support some government policies, but not others, or that its possible to support some government policy, but not support cronyism? Or is that all a little bit too multidimensional for you?

I notice You left out the apology I added in case I was wrong in my surmisation.

Or is that too multidimensional for You DV.

Sorry, but I don't mind an argument but when someone leaves out the full message...grrrr

Spokesman for the people back again.

The people are buyin food, normal enough. But then the people are not eating some of that food. They are throwing it away, hundreds of euros worth ever year in the average household. Very strange when the people have no money.

So the people should not drink, not buy a new phone and now not buy so much food?
    Sounding a bit like a dictator there dx.
    Achtung Baby!!!

PS. Thanks for the title. 'Spokesman for the people' eh?, I like that!

I notice You left out the apology I added in case I was wrong in my surmisation.

Or is that too multidimensional for You DV.

Sorry, but I don't mind an argument but when someone leaves out the full message...grrrr

Nothing new there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

"Based on figures from the 2011 census and verified by Prof. Rob Kitchin at the Department of Geography, NUI Maynooth, 1.45m families were due to register 1.8 million houses. The government claim over 900k houses registered, but in fact over a third of these were registered by landlords etc registering multiple properties. Only 700k people have registered, with over 750k (52%) families boycotting"

Where did Prof Kitchin get those figures? From the Anti Household campaign members! Enough said!

I accept your apology.

You were wrong, but thats your default setting.

I accept your apology.

You were wrong, but thats your default setting.

What has You not including the full sentence got to do with 'my default setting'?

I also notice You have NOT apologised for omitting some of the sentence also.

I also notice You have NOT apologised for omitting some of the sentence also.
    That's 'cos I didn't apologise.

Anyway, earlier on you were calling me demented. What pension cuts were you referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,756 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Did you e-mail them to express your anger?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,756 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Maggie 2 wrote: »
    "Based on figures from the 2011 census and verified by Prof. Rob Kitchin at the Department of Geography, NUI Maynooth, 1.45m families were due to register 1.8 million houses. The government claim over 900k houses registered, but in fact over a third of these were registered by landlords etc registering multiple properties. Only 700k people have registered, with over 750k (52%) families boycotting"

Where did Prof Kitchin get those figures? From the Anti Household campaign members! Enough said!

Another "new" recruit !!! :D

• Advertisement

Another "new" recruit !!! :D

Dads Army?:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement