Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Guys,

I'm wondering what ye think about people who have second properties, do you think it is reasonable that they pay NPPR and the Household charge. Personally, I think it's fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

" When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes a duty" -- Property speculator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

dvpower wrote: »
    " When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes a duty" -- Property speculator.

Anyone catch her name and who is she? I missed Pat introducing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,756 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So Fine Gael T.D.'s don't know what's in their own manifesto ??
    They were not for a Property Tax at all ??? More lies !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Anyone catch her name and who is she? I missed Pat introducing her.
    He just introduced her as "Teresa".

• Advertisement

Your crowd were found out yet aagggaiiinnn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

"When injustice becomes law, dv & co are happy"-- Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Aphex Tim

Blueshirt Michelle Mulherin -- who sparked outrage in April by claiming most unwanted pregnancies stem from 'fornication'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Ming is on. I love him. He is hot too.

Aphex Tim wrote: »
    Blueshirt Michelle Mulherin -- who sparked outrage in April by claiming most unwanted pregnancies stem from 'fornication'.
    Don't almost all pregnancies stem from fornication???

• Advertisement

ilovesleep wrote: »
    He is hot too.
    *shudders*

Don't almost all pregnancies stem from fornication???

Your crowd are "riding" the whole country. Is that fornication?

Ming is well fit for them tonight in fairness.

Your crowd are "riding" the whole country. Is that fornication?
    Its all part of a healthy loving relationship. =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Their may be a few 'closed accounts' on this thread when the inevitable downfall of the current regime happens in the not too distant future.

For a 'random' audience, the overall general consensus seemed to pretty much echo the sentiments of this thread (and poll) pretty accurately.

Of course, all of us could be wrong, and you few lads could be right.

Let's wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I.was reading about property taxes in the US. The federal government are dogs. The taxes are very regressive and they've only went up, up, up. Taxes of 5000 euro a year. 10,000 a year. If you can't pay, you're out from your own home.

God, I can see a reason for a property tax here in Ireland but its something I don't want to see. Governments are dogs. Not just in our country. Everywhere.

Its not like a car tax. If you can't afford it, you can take the car of the road. What are you going to do with a property tax? Move out from your home and camp on the ditch outside your house.

North Dakota had a referendum this year. Proposal was to abolish property tax. Not carried.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun/12/news/la-pn-north-dakota-votes-against-abolition-of-property-tax-mascot-20120612

North Dakota had a referendum this year. Proposal was to abolish property tax. Not carried.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun/12/news/la-pn-north-dakota-votes-against-abolition-of-property-tax-mascot-20120612

Dakota. Is that where Mount Rushmoor is with the heads of the 4 presidents are carved? I can see Enda wanting his head and Big Phil's carved into Croagh Patrick.

Maybe the people didn't really mean to reject it?

In Ireland, referendums don't mean shít unless its what the govt in power at the time want.
    That isn't really how a democracy works.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1054732/EU-begins-secret-drive-force-Ireland-vote-rejected-Lisbon-Treaty.html

Ghandee wrote: »

In Ireland, referendums don't mean shít unless its what the govt in power at the time want.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1054732/EU-begins-secret-drive-force-Ireland-vote-rejected-Lisbon-Treaty.html

Lovely. I predict bloody noses if it happens.

Are we unique in having one of our parties operating in two different countries. And saying one thing in opposition and doing the opposite in government. In fact opposing everything before getting into government but then continuing where the previous administration left off. Could the same happen here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

So Fine Gael T.D.'s don't know what's in their own manifesto ??
    They were not for a Property Tax at all ??? More lies !!!!!

Yer wan was'nt listening when her boss said that. She was too busy wondering how to get adults to stop r*ding. The first time I seen her picture, I thought she was a priest or a minister. Probably just the way she was dressed(see link).
    By the way, to the gentlemen on boards, will ye please wear a suit when we're in discussion and lets have some decorum.:):)

Abortion debate: Single Mayo TD Michelle Mulherin defends ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Just from that frontline show tonight

Pat: would it be ok for Enda to wear his mayo jeresy to meet eg Obama.

Ming: it will be far more appropriate than taking money of the handicapped.

I love Ming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Their may be a few 'closed accounts' on this thread when the inevitable downfall of the current regime happens in the not too distant future.

For a 'random' audience, the overall general consensus seemed to pretty much echo the sentiments of this thread (and poll) pretty accurately.

Of course, all of us could be wrong, and you few lads could be right.

Let's wait and see.
    The demise of FG + Lab will come (though I think not for several years yet, but politics can take odd turns). Sure all we can do is pray for the hastening of that day when we get a new government and all our problems magically go away! :)

The real fun will be watching you lads being ducked head first in reality. Of course, that may not happen. You, in your wisdom, will perhaps notice that changing the government didn’t make any real difference at all, so the obvious thing to do next is change them again. :rolleyes:

As for RTE and their audiences. Well leaving aside that such shows seem to attract all manner of whingers on all sort of topics (this is where Joe Duffy works FFS), RTE TV seem to have a particular ability to assemble a studio audience with views rather at odds with the general populace.

I remember a late late show a couple of years back, post crash, with Bertie as a guest and they cheered him to the rafters, when the general mood of the country was to have him dangling from the same rafters!

I wouldn’t put to much hope in the strange beast that is the RTE studio audience if I were you. ;)

lugha wrote: »
    As for RTE and their audiences. Well leaving aside that such shows seem to attract all manner of whingers on all sort of topics (this is where Joe Duffy works FFS), RTE TV seem to have a particular ability to assemble a studio audience with views rather at odds with the general populace.

I am very glad to hear that the general populace on your planet is doin ok and I hope it never changes and I apologize if we earthlings annoy you.

darkhorse wrote: »
    Did I not tell you only three day's ago that they had 20 years to save up the money. Jebus, what's the point in me posting replies if you are not going to read them.

I know you didn't think up that little pearl of wisdom all on your own. But I shouldn't have to explain to you that it is nonsense. They only had one game less in 2011 than this year.

I know you didn't think up that little pearl of wisdom all on your own. But I shouldn't have to explain to you that it is nonsense. They only had one game less in 2011 than this year.

What the heck has this got to do with saving. Oh, and what little pearl of wisdom are you talking about. What nonsense, please elaborate.

If there is nothing else, I think I'll just mosey on down to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

For anyone who didn't see the programme, here's the link: http://www.rte.ie/news/player.html?thefrontline#programme=The%20Frontline

Are we unique in having one of our parties operating in two different countries.
    This is a very odd opinion from an obvious GAA fan:confused:
    Not Many in GAA circles would share that opinion.

Anyway, that debates for a different thread.
    And saying one thing in opposition and doing the opposite in government. In fact opposing everything before getting into government but zzz then continuing where the previous administration left off. Could the same happen here?

Are you referring to FG now?
    I'm confused, I thought you were pro-government :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

lugha wrote: »
    The demise of FG + Lab will come (though I think not for several years yet, but politics can take odd turns). Sure all we can do is pray for the hastening of that day when we get a new government and all our problems magically go away! :)

The real fun will be watching you lads being ducked head first in reality. Of course, that may not happen. You, in your wisdom, will perhaps notice that changing the government didn’t make any real difference at all, so the obvious thing to do next is change them again. :rolleyes:

I remember a late late show a couple of years back, post crash, with Bertie as a guest and they cheered him to the rafters, when the general mood of the country was to have him dangling from the same rafters!

I wouldn’t put to much hope in the strange beast that is the RTE studio audience if I were you. ;)

Ah well in fairness it makes sense that the audience would be made up of those that havent paid, most of the people that have paid have forgotten about it at this stage.

Those most likely to be on TV moaning about it are those that havent paid as they are still livinig in the delusion that this charge may be scrapped.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement