Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

Everyone knows that this money will not go to the LA's.
    Even lugha, a longtime supporter of the HHC admitted this.
    The cuts have been happening for years now, so it's bu11**** to suggest that services are being cut only now because people haven't paid the HHC.
    You pro taxers are being fooled, and you know what they say about a fool and his money.

dvpower wrote: »
    I'm not campaigning for anything or protesting anything.
    If I was trying to effect change, I wouldn't be doing it here on boards - that would be a foolish waste of my time.

Well you do spend a lot of your time on here.
    If it's not to effect change what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    I wonder when they do eventually bring in the "Property Tax" will we get an annual financial report from our local authority on what exactly they have spent our money on.

You already do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

ncdadam wrote: »
    Well you do spend a lot of your time on here.
    If it's not to effect change what is it? Is it just to troll?
    Its just a bit of fun.

Are you actually posting here as part of some campaign? Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,756 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Check those figures. Fine Gael has 32% and Labour 14%.

Ah Labour !! The party of Connolly and Larkin. The present crowd have ensured that they will become extinct just like the Greens and the P.D.'s before them. This lot are not really Labour at all but yuppy imposters who will be confined to the dustbin of History.

• Advertisement

Its just a bit of fun.

Are you actually posting here as part of some campaign? Ha!

Well it's meant to be a discussion forum.
    You don't discuss anything.
    You ask questions, never answer any and then just rattle out the tax defaulter crap now and again.
    You must have a really full life.

Slurryface wrote: »
    No they won't. An overwhelming majority of those liable have have paid the charge, yet polls such as the one attached show people claiming they haven't.
    i for one have no problem admitting I paid and have ran the non pay scroungers from door.

I wasn't aware that the anti crowd were campaigning at doors. Are you making up porkies ?

The best he can come up with is a million questions and then to call people tax defaulters.
    This is one of the reasons that the campaign is failing. People can't even embrace what they are.

If the 'protesters' could man up and say "Yes. I'm a defaulter. I don't want to be one, but I'm willing to be one because I'm so against this tax" then I'd respect them more.
    But instead, all I get is whinging about being called a defaulter or some nonsense about being a charge defaulter, not a tax defaulter - like that cut any ice.

seamus wrote: »
    As has been pointed out above, any organised protests for this have been dismally poor. It's almost as if the entire opposition movement is based around keeping your head down and hoping you don't get noticed.

Indeed, pretty much the basis of the entire campaign was that the register was only to compile a list of homes, and if you didn't register, then they could never make you pay. Even as an earlier post in this thread showed, some anti-HHC people are utterly paranoid about giving their details to anyone from a government body, lest they be "caught" and made pay the tax.

The tactics of those opposed the tax isn't to stand up and say, "I haven't paid and I'm not paying", instead it's to try and hide in crevices and hope that nobody comes knocking on their doors.

Ha ha that's like something Big Silly Phil would come out with to try and embarrass people. Laughable. "Your not fighting a war unless you get shot" mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Everyone knows that this money will not go to the LA's.
    Even lugha, a longtime supporter of the HHC admitted this.
    The cuts have been happening for years now, so it's bu11**** to suggest that services are being cut only now because people haven't paid the HHC.
    You pro taxers are being fooled, and you know what they say about a fool and his money.

Budget cuts were only recent, however services have never been abundant to the public and were always **** even before they were being cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ha ha that's like something Big Silly Phil would come out with to try and embarrass people. Laughable. "Your not fighting a war unless you get shot" mentality.
    "Embarrass" people?

I'm simply pointing out the fact that most people who claim to be protesting the charge, aren't actually doing any protesting at all and are simply doing their best to ensure that nobody even knows that they haven't paid.

When FG try to bring in one tax or one cut too many, Labour will walk away.
    Like any group of self centered politicians they're all looking to the local elections and the general election after that.
    When the CPA has to be changed they'll throw their toys out of the pram because the beards will tell them to.
    Then it'll be bye bye property tax and bye bye HHC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

The delusional 600,000 odd you mean.
    'few' LOL!
    Most of them know that they'll pay [SIZE="1"](with penalties)[/SIZE] eventually.
    That's why they continue to register and pay day in and day out.

Don't feed the troll best thing to do is hit ignore on that one. Quite clearly here to troll with the insistence on spouting nonsense constantly. Grand his delusions are rather entertaining at times I can't count the amount of times he has cracked me up with his clueless posts but this gets old too.

donalg1 wrote: »
    Don't feed the troll best thing to do is hit ignore on that one. Quite clearly here to troll with the insistence on spouting nonsense constantly. Grand his delusions are rather entertaining at times I can't count the amount of times he has cracked me up with his clueless posts but this gets old too.

Good boy donal. Daddy dv must be so proud of ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

And the motor tax collected doesnt come close to covering the costs of maintaining the roads, and the motor tax collected does not go solely to the maintenance of roads.

So when I say you are using a service when using the roads you have not paid for them, you may have paid something towards them but not enough so you need to pay more before you can claim to pay for the roads. How is this confusing you?

You see, this is the crux of it. Whatever monies is collected, never seems close to covering the costs of anything. Also, any taxes that we pay, never seems to be enough for the maintenance of anything.

As regards as us not having paid enough, nothing we pay will ever be enough as far as I can see. Whats the answer, take everything from us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Irrelevant? Unless you think Mick Wallace was protesting something?

Was Fidelma protesting about excessive train fares, or did she feel that motor tax was a rip off?

James Reilly is currently named in Stubbs gazette as a defaulter.

Michael Hegarty, FG party leader of county cork is also listed as a defaulter in Stubbs gazette, he owes the revenue (I think) in the region of 80k.

I've yet to see any of the party faithfuls on this thread ridicule either one of them yet.

Incidentally, I'm not defending Mick Wallace. He's just a leech like the rest of them, I hope the people in Wexford vote accordingly next time around, they must really feel let down by him.

darkhorse wrote: »
    And the motor tax collected doesnt come close to covering the costs of maintaining the roads, and the motor tax collected does not go solely to the maintenance of roads.

So when I say you are using a service when using the roads you have not paid for them, you may have paid something towards them but not enough so you need to pay more before you can claim to pay for the roads. How is this confusing you?

You see, this is the crux of it. Whatever monies is collected, never seems close to covering the costs of anything. Also, any taxes that we pay, never seems to be enough for the maintenance of anything.

As regards as us not having paid enough, nothing we pay will ever be enough as far as I can see. Whats the answer, take everything from us?

Well that seems to be their plan anyway.

Hey Ghandee, See the father and son tag team are on a lot today.;)

They lost a lot of ground on the Frontline last night. It's one step forward, two steps back. They didn't even know what was in their manifesto. Apparently they were against Property Tax all along and didn't know it. Did you see your one's face drop when she was informed.

They lost a lot of ground on the Frontline last night. It's one step forward, two steps back. They didn't even know what was in their manifesto. Apparently they were against Property Tax all along and didn't know it. Did you see your one's face drop when she was informed.

Well, when they tell so many lies to get into office, it's hard to keep up.

"Embarrass" people?

I'm simply pointing out the fact that most people who claim to be protesting the charge, aren't actually doing any protesting at all and are simply doing their best to ensure that nobody even knows that they haven't paid.

People who boycott shops are not buying there. Should they go in and order stuff and then just leave it there?

• Advertisement

What's annoying is the fools that come on here crying about cuts to the disabled and blaming the people who don't pay the HHC.
    Everyone knows that the cuts started years ago and the LA's are just highlighting it now to try and guilt trip people into paying.
    It wasn't people who didn't pay the HHC that had disabled people outside Leinster house all night a couple of weeks ago.
    Although the self righteous will probably try to spin that fact to blame non payers.

What's annoying is the fools that come on here crying about cuts to the disabled and blaming the people who don't pay the HHC.
    Everyone knows that the cuts started years ago and the LA's are just highlighting it now to try and guilt trip people into paying.
    It wasn't people who didn't pay the HHC that had disabled people outside Leinster house all night a couple of weeks ago.
    Although the self righteous will probably try to spin that fact to blame non payers.

Really you want to bring that up again and you call me a fool. What a clown. I believe I proved you wrong on this before and made you look pretty stupid not that that took much effort though you did it all yourself. Back on my ignore list you go, had you off it for a minute and you are cracking me up again already. Seriously how dumb are you bringing that up again after I proved it to he true already didn't you learn the third time I proved you wrong on something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Well it's meant to be a discussion forum.
    You don't discuss anything.
    You ask questions, never answer any and then just rattle out the tax defaulter crap now and again.
    You must have a really full life.

Thank You NC!

Really you want to bring that up again and you call me a fool. What a clown. I believe I proved you wrong on this before and made you look pretty stupid not that that took much effort though you did it all yourself. Back on my ignore list you go, had you off it for a minute and you are cracking me up again already. Seriously how dumb are you bringing that up again after I proved it to he true already didn't you learn the third time I proved you wrong on something.

Don't believe I mentioned your name once there.
    But thanks for the personal abuse, always the sign of someone losing an argument.
    Can't help yourself can you?

People who boycott shops are not buying there. Should they go in and order stuff and then just leave it there?
    What a great campaign.
    Ye're really going to show this government at the next election - by boycotting the polling booth. :pac::pac:

Don't believe I mentioned your name once there.
    But thanks for the personal abuse, always the sign of someone losing an argument.
    Can't help yourself can you?

You want to talk to me about personal abuse I believe you are the one round here spouting the personal sh1te all day. What argument am I losing exactly? And if you weren't referring to me then who were you referring to?

Another annoying thing is the gullibility of some of the younger posters who actually believe what this government tell them.
    If these not quite dry behind the ears posters think that the HHC is ring fenced for LA's then they've a lot to learn.

You want to talk to me about personal abuse I believe you are the one round here spouting the personal sh1te all day. What argument am I losing exactly? And if you weren't referring to me then who were you referring to?

Keep me on ignore there son, can't be bothered with your rantings.

Keep me on ignore there son, can't be bothered with your rantings.

Ha ha so you lose again hardly surprising I mean its not like it hasn't happened before you make it way too easy. Think ill keep you off the ignore list need a laugh from time to time.

• Advertisement

What a great campaign.
    Ye're really going to show this government at the next election - by boycotting the polling booth. :pac::pac:

No I always vote and on one occasion I even went out in pouring rain to spoil my vote because of lack of choice or agreement with policies but I will always use it.

Stop tripping yourself up. F.G. will be toast at the next election as were F.F. at the last. The sickening thing is that there is no third choice. We have very poor political parties in Ireland unfortunately. Tweedledum or Tweedledee, all only self-serving individuals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement