Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Ghandee wrote: »
    And when the 120 and twenty turns into 820?

You'd still pay up, no questions asked?

That's me you're referring to I presume?

Funnily enough, there are others also in my position (not liable) who are advocating people to pay.
    Also, I'm currently not liable. I will be when they take my unfinished estate off the list.

I don't agree with abortion either dx, yet I've been lucky enough to have been born, should i change my views on that too, as I'm not liable?

What you and others have in mind for Ireland is a dictatorship, and Phil Hogan comes out and further outlines his Nazism ideas (didn't they also try to eradicate gypsies?)

It'll not last much longer.

You are lucky Ghandee. I live in a 2 phase estate. One was finished and handed over, the 2nd phase wasn't. Derelict land, houses bought at way-over-the-odds ( the going rate at the time) facing this wasteground, foundations dug, and we wern't listed under 'ghost estate' (GE). I was at the time deeply involved in our RA. And we were chasing this from the day the phrase GE came up in the last budget, yet we weren't listed under GE when the list was made public. We asked why, and this was the response we were given: Pay this year and it will be 'reviewed' next year.

What a joke!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

dvpower wrote: »
    Evading payments that helps pay for local government ... wants extra layer of administration. :eek:

Evading payment (€100) that goes to the central exchequer.
    Wants LA government to stop squandering my money.:eek:

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Looks like Phil doesnt think he needs to expain why he tried to prevent a traveller family from moving into a house near his settled constituents.

http://www.newstalk.ie/2012/news/phil-hogan-hangs-up-on-interview-about-traveller-housing/

doesnt he know he represents travellers as well, and they have a right to hear his reasoning for discriminating against them?

EDIT
    Entire interview here
    http://kclr96fm.com/the-sue-nunn-show/phil-hogan-defends-letter-on-traveller-house/

He likes discriminating against people does the hulk, first people who are paying for their own homes and now travellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

ncdadam wrote: »
    Evading payment (€100) that goes to the central exchequer.
    Don't let the fact that the legislation specifically ringfences this money for LA funding get in the way of your fantasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Don't let the fact that the legislation specifically ringfences this money for LA funding get in the way of your fantasy.

where has the money gone that they use to get (that we have always paid through our taxes)
    Smoke and mirrors, my friend, smoke and mirrors...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

What's all this fuss about the Household Charge? It's less than €2 per week! Most Irish people would spend a €100 easily on a night out and think nothing of it! Time for a bit of national solidarity. The Household Charge is only peanuts to whats comming down the line. Wait until the property tax, water charges and septic tank charges kick in. Then they will have lots to protest about!

You actually believe that:rolleyes:
    Creative accounting, spinning the figures, ringfenced, it's all the same to me.
    The money collected goes into central funds, the LA's will get cut again and you and your pro tax buddies can spend the next year blaming people who didn't pay the HHC.
    Sure if it keeps you amused.....

He likes discriminating against people does the hulk, first people who are paying for their own homes and now travellers.

Just listened to the interview. For me, a dictator of the highest order, and a coward, used the ploughing championships to hang up.

What a tosser.

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Just listened to the interview. For me, a dictator of the highest order, and a coward, used the ploughing championships to hang up.

What a tosser.

There's a lot of tossers members of FG.

Clareboy wrote: »
    What's all this fuss about the Household Charge? It's less than €2 per week! Most Irish people would spend a €100 easily on a night out and think nothing of it! Time for a bit of national solidarity. The Household Charge is only peanuts to whats comming down the line. Wait until the property tax, water charges and septic tank charges kick in. Then they will have lots to protest about!

WOW, talk about shooting from the hip. CB, I am self employed, pay ( among other things PRSI for which I get nothing in return. I haven't been out for a drink since last March, and then I only had 2 pints.

So, please stop surmising that all go and blow €100 on a night out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Yeah THAT is only €2 a week (and actually its more because it had to be paid early in the year and people only had 3 months notice to pay it) but say at the moment you have about €60 disposable income a week after you pay all your bills, now you have the household charge, the up upcoming property tax, add the rising cost of petrol, the increase in Gas and Electricity, public travel increases (if you dont drive to work), mortgage rises (for those not on trackers or fixed), insurance hikes and it all comes to a hell of lot more than €2 a week of disposable income.

You would be left with virtually nothing from that €60 once the new year comes around, and that is before any increases and tax hikes in the budget.

There's a lot of tossers members of FG.

For me NC, by him hanging up, proves to me he's got something to hide, or not want to face.

gazzer wrote: »
    Yeah THAT is only €2 a week (and actually its more because it had to be paid early in the year and people only had 3 months notice to pay it) but say at the moment you have about €60 disposable income a week after you pay all your bills, now you have the household charge, the up upcoming property tax, add the rising cost of petrol, the increase in Gas and Electricity, public travel increases (if you dont drive to work), mortgage rises (for those not on trackers or fixed), insurance hikes and it all comes to a hell of lot more than €2 a week of disposable income.

You would be left with virtually nothing from that €60 once the new year comes around, and that is before any increases and tax hikes in the budget.

The fact that a hell of a lot of people don't have enough to make ends meet won't stop FG heaping more taxes on, spearing the domestic economy into the ground.
    As long as enda can suck up to merkel he's happy. Fcuk Ireland and it's people, unless your PS or being housed by the state, or both!

Lets not forget why we have a deficit.
    450,000 on the dole, most of them long term now.
    €1.5 billion a year paid in allowances to the PS, on top of being paid 50% more than the same person in the private sector.
    A health service that's out of control and sucking the exchequer dry.
    Unsecured secondary bondholders being paid back, in full, just to please the germans and the ECB.
    Add to that a complete unwillingness to draw down european strategic funding to at least try and stimulate the economy.
    Dig up Haughey, even dead he'd do a better job of running the country,of playing hard ball with europe and getting us out of this mess and I detest to my bones FF.
    Make sure you leave the last bit out when your quoting this, pro taxers.

bgrizzley wrote: »
    where has the money gone that they use to get (that we have always paid through our taxes)
    If you really need an answer to that then you've been asleep for the last few years.

You actually believe that:rolleyes:
    Creative accounting, spinning the figures, ringfenced, it's all the same to me.
    The money collected goes into central funds, the LA's will get cut again and you and your pro tax buddies can spend the next year blaming people who didn't pay the HHC.
    Sure if it keeps you amused.....
    I could believe what's written in black and white in the legislation or the rantings of internet lunatics.

Here's the hulk's reply when asked about making representations to his local council to get them to discriminate against another group of people.
    He probably told the LA that if they went ahead and housed travellers he'd cut their funding next year.

"This has nothing to do with Travellers at all, this is to do with anti-social behaviour". Phil Hogan.

What a bungling fool this moron is.
    I wonder did his brother getting a hiding a couple of weeks ago have anything to do with his decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Hijpo

The fact that a hell of a lot of people don't have enough to make ends meet won't stop FG heaping more taxes on, spearing the domestic economy into the ground.
    As long as enda can suck up to merkel he's happy. Fcuk Ireland and it's people, unless your PS or being housed by the state, or both!

They are all politicians simply for the perks, not because they want to get the country sorted. If you cut the salary, pensions and allowances well see how many will want to be politicians then.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,756 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You seem to have missed the point.
    The HHC is the vehicle used by the Govt to find out the names and addresses of home owners in order to make it easy for them to introduce the Property Tax.They don't seem to have details of homeowners. Protesting against the HHC is the fore-runner to the protest against taxes aimed at our homes. It is the first stage in the battle to defeat this attack on our homes.
    You don't see fish jumping into anglers nets. They try to avoid being caught.

Here's the hulk's reply when asked about making representations to his local council to get them to discriminate against another group of people.
    He probably told the LA that if they went ahead and housed travellers he'd cut their funding next year.

"This has nothing to do with Travellers at all, this is to do with anti-social behaviour". Phil Hogan.

What a bungling fool this moron is.
    I wonder did his brother getting a hiding a couple of weeks ago have anything to do with his decision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Yeah, dv, don't we just live in a fantasy world, with our conspiracy theories.

FG: Not another cent for Anglo | Irish Examiner

• Registered Users Posts: 51,756 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hijpo wrote: »
    They are all politicians simply for the perks, not because they want to get the country sorted. If you cut the salary, pensions and allowances well see how many will want to be politicians then.

I firmly believe that there should be a mandatory designated university course in place which should be completed before anyone is allowed enter the Dail or even run for elections. There are too many fools and self-servers in politics

darkhorse wrote: »
    Yeah, dv, don't we just live in a fantasy world, with our conspiracy theories.
    'fraid so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

Who don't pay for their own homes.

Maggie 2 wrote: »
    Who don't pay for their own homes.

LA renters. Minimal rent, a fraction of what it really costs to put them up, not forgetting free upkeep etc etc.
    And they get to use all the LA provided services too that the HHC is meant to go towards. (even though the HHC just goes into the big pot that is the exchequer and even with full compliance there would still be cuts to LA budgets for next year)

Here's one thing.
    The germans are now insisting that there'll be no write down, no restructure of our bank debt.
    This is despite promises made during the summer.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CC4QqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.finfacts.ie%2Firishfinancenews%2Farticle_1024956.shtml&ei=yENjUMzRI8a6hAfHrYHoBg&usg=AFQjCNEjFTADCSjUOlr0WW60UxDq9blCeQ&sig2=KoY8cbbvx3onAFddK0947w

Now here's another thing,

On October 1, we will pay a €1billion unguaranteed AIB bond. The interest on borrowing this money is about €60 million, which amounts to the cost of 2,400 teachers.

Isn't it time we stopped this charade and started playing hardball with these muppets?
    Enda getting his hair ruffled, the best boy in class tag and this is how we're treated?
    Are we fcuking insane? tax the life out of the country and for what? an interest bill that in a few short years will totally bankrupt the country?
    No thanks, enough is enough.

I could believe what's written in black and white in the legislation or the rantings of internet lunatics.

Says he the person who accused me wrongly of calling him/her names, and hasn't got an apology in his/her body.

I see mega trouble ahead - Sppain is in turmoil
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056592766&page=592

And now France's jobless has passed a milestone, one which I can foresee bringing major protests onto the street!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19733992#sa-ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=PublicRSS20-sa

Which has just happened again in Greece: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19724284

I would NEVER condone violence, but kenny and his troop must thread very carefully. As for the other half of the 'coalition', can't see Gilmore being able to be a part of it much longer.

Labour unrest spreading across Europe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Aphex Tim

Róisín Shortall resigns as Primary Care Minister.

RÓISÍN SHORTALL HAS resigned as Minister of State for Primary Care.

The Labour Party TD’s decision follows a much-publicised dispute with the Health Minister James Reilly over a number of issues including the allocation of new primary care centres to Reilly’s constituency.

http://www.thejournal.ie/roisin-shortall-resigns-611424-Sep2012/

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Says he the person who accused me wrongly of calling him/her names, and hasn't got an apology in his/her body.

How did your appeal to the mods go on that?

• Advertisement

How did your appeal to the mods go on that?

Didn't bother persueing it, as I feel You ain't worth the hassle!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement