Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The following is gospel truth.

Just had a neighbour calling to me with his (and his next door neighbour's) very small housing estate maintance fee.
    I'm the residency estate chairman.
    I asked him out of curiousness if he had paid the tax - he said no.
    I asked him "why?"
    He stated the local government owed him €120,000 in money for work he did for them - they are not paying.
    To take them to court, it could cost 40,000 up front in fees just to call them to a dock.
    He simply added that he would be fcuked if he was going to pay them money of any kind when they owe him many thousands.
    He voiced ALSO many of the all ready reasons aforementioned by others too by the way.

His words "...over my dead body!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Enda Kenny is about to talk more bullsh!t live on RTE1 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

paddy147 wrote: »
    Minister Alan Shatter will need to build that new jail fairly soon now too,seen as hes going to have to jail me and any more people for non payment and non complience.:D

Now I wonder will it be maximum security or walk in-walk out???

Didn't they say nobody would go to jail for not paying.

All they need to do is pick a handful of people that didn't pay and bring them to court and fine them €2500, even five people would be enough to make a point then all the non payers would be falling over themselves to pay it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

So why did Enda himself tell me (via my TV) that it wasnt my fault then????

I thought he was a liar??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Enda Kenny is about to talk more bullsh!t live on RTE1 now.

I'm watching this to see what he has to say to us about the household charge.

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »

So he hasnt told lies about the bailout,asking for a write down and all the other pre election prommises??

You deny that he is a liar??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

donalg1 wrote: »

All they need to do is pick a handful of people that didn't pay and bring them to court and fine them €2500, even five people would be enough to make a point then all the non payers would be falling over themselves to pay it

And when them random five people refuse to pay the fine?

Then what?

If jails not an option, will they scold them or put them in the bold spot:confused:

According to Enda we are all struggling, he is helping by asking us to pay more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

So why did Enda himself tell me (via my TV) that it wasnt my fault then and that Im not responsible??????

Will you answer me that please?
    Enda spoke to you personally, via your TV. :eek:

A lot of stuff I was wondering about is only now becoming clear.

hondasam wrote: »
    I'm watching this to see what he has to say to us about the household charge.

330,000 people exempted and thats all.

WOW:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

dvpower wrote: »
    Enda spoke to you personally, via your TV. :eek:

A lot of stuff I was wondering about is only now becoming clear.

I see you have surfaced out of Endas ar5e again.;)

Tell me why Enda so quickly skipped the household charge in his speech??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,946 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Minister Alan Shatter will need to build that new jail fairly soon now too,seen as hes going to have to jail me and any more people for non payment and non complience.:D

Now I wonder will it be maximum security or walk in-walk out???

The Fines Act of 2010 is designed to minimise the number of people going to jail for non payment of fines. It also allows for the imposition of community service orders instead of jail. One section of the act allows the court to set up a schedule for fines to be paid in instalments. This was not availble previously and someone who couldn't come up with the full amount of a fine could be sent to jail. Later this year the act could be amended to allow fines to be attached to a criminals wages or SW payment, again on a schedule set out by the court. Legal costs would obviously be another consideration for people before the courts.

So while you might get your day in court you won't get to expand the prison population. And in the end everything that is owed remains as a charge on the title of your property.

The Fines Act of 2010 is designed to minimise the number of people going to jail for non payment of fines. It also allows for the imposition of community service orders instead of jail. One section of the act allows the court to set up a schedule for fines to be paid in instalments. This was not availble previously and someone who couldn't come up with the full amount of a fine could be sent to jail. Later this year the act could be amended to allow fines to be attached to a criminals wages or SW payment, again on a schedule set out by the court. Legal costs would obviously be another consideration for people before the courts.

So while you might get your day in court you won't get to expand the prison population. And in the end everything that is owed remains as a charge on the title of your property.

Ah sure Mr Sh1tter (sorry I mean Mr Shatter) said the other day in an interview,that jail could still be on the cards for non complient people.

Bring it on so Mr Sh1tter.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭emo72

alastair, having a go at paddy for someone he voted for 2 elections back, and admitted he was wrong for doing it, and voting for FG this time around because he like many others believed what he was told, is a bit extreme.

you really are nitpicking at him, there is bigger problems at hand. not having a go at you mate, it just derails the thread.

Ghandee wrote: »

Then what?

If jails not an option, will they scold them or put them in the bold spot:confused:

Doesn't matter because the majority will pay up once they see fines of €2500 are being handed out

Do they have to keep clapping every two minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Then what?

They will be told not to post in this thread again

Doesn't matter because the majority will pay up once they see fines of €2500 are being handed out

I cannot see anyone getting fined tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Do they have to keep clapping every two minutes.

I dont think they are even lasting 2 minutes between claps at this stage.

Ah sure Mr Sh1tter (sorry I mean Mr Shatter) said the other day in an interview,that jail could still be on the cards for non complient people.

Bring it on so Mr Sh1tter.:D
    Mr Hogan and Minister for Justice Alan Shatter said separately that those who did not pay would not face jail. Mr Shatter said that the Fines Act would come into operation and ultimately the fines, penalties and interest could be attached against properties.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0330/1224314100036.html

• Advertisement

robbie7730 wrote: »
    I dont think they are even lasting 2 minutes between claps at this stage.

No they are not, it bloody ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

According to Enda we are all struggling,

Including his adviser who he breached the paycap by approx 30,000 for a grand total annual salary of €127,000

http://www.thejournal.ie/taoiseach-breaches-pay-cap-to-award-former-advisor-e35k-pay-rise-295889-Dec2011/

Anyone paying after midnight will be fined. You can count on that.

I can't either but they should do it

Minister Sh1tter asked on RTE Radio/RTE News and in the daily mail the other day,and he said when asked about the prospect of people still being jailed......"possibly,lets see what happnes".

I will do the jail time.Ive no fear of standing up for what I believe in.

If he wants to make threats to try to scare people,than he better have the balls to go through with them too.

Lets see who has the balls now.:D

mikom wrote: »
    Including his adviser who he breached the paycap by approx 30,000 for a grand total annual salary of €127,000

http://www.thejournal.ie/taoiseach-breaches-pay-cap-to-award-former-advisor-e35k-pay-rise-295889-Dec2011/

Another joke and yet people are prepared to keep paying.

I don't think they can fine everyone without a backlash from the public. I could be wrong or naive of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Shortly followed by the pro-tax shills morphing into pumpkins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Then what?

I think attachment orders are available under the Fines Act - take it out of their bank accounts or earnings.

I wouldn't be relying on martyrdom to escalate this - no one needs to go to jail. Its a red herring.

I will do the jail time.

No you won't.

Forum heroics? Probably.
    Jail? No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,946 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

emo72 wrote: »
    alastair, having a go at paddy for someone he voted for 2 elections back, and admitted he was wrong for doing it, and voting for FG this time around because he like many others believed what he was told, is a bit extreme.

you really are nitpicking at him, there is bigger problems at hand. not having a go at you mate, it just derails the thread.

If the election of 2007 is not relevant does that mean we won't see Enda's quote from 1994 on this thread again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement