Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,950 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

bgrizzley wrote: »
    it will cost a lot to fix a problem that doesnt exist when there is goverment involvement. i see it every day and so would you if you took notice.

The only evidence we have to judge on is from Cavan. I have heard no outcry from Cavan about people being forced to carry out work which was not warranted.

http://www.rte.ie/news/av/2012/0126/media-3179686.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

dvpower wrote: »
    ... just when I thought you couldn't be more ridiculous ...

ridiculous like checking million septic tanks "just in case they leak":rolleyes:

anyway, DV, it just cr@p, there are far worse pollutants out there coming from factories. what do you think they use to grow the vegetable you eat?
    Veggies dont pop from the ground wrapped in plastic, you know ;)

The only evidence we have to judge on is from Cavan. I have heard no outcry from Cavan about people being forced to carry out work which was not warranted.

theres plenty of evidence of profligate waste in ireland, although im sure cavan has its share...

edit

wasnt our electoral system broken? what did e voting machines cost? has it stopped at 50 million? (- E70,267 scrap value)

Anyway apologies to all for derailing the thread. ill get back to the HHC now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

http://www.rte.ie/news/av/2012/0126/media-3179686.html[/QUOTE]

Maybe the reason that you heard no outcry was because of the fact it was a local authority initiative, and they probably met with residents, and there was probably no threats whatsoever, and they probably treated the people involved like adults. It's just a guess.

lugha wrote: »
    I don’t know why you thought I missed it? :confused: I replied to it./QUOTE]

Actually, you extracted two sentences from it and answered it
    with more questions.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

maybe we should put nappies on cows as well (just for prevention mind you:D)

Like the horses in Co. Kerry!

For once dx, I agree with you. All septic tanks should function correctly.
    Mine does, and I have a yearly contract with biocycle to ensure that it does.

However the septic tank registration scheme is only a ploy from the government to get peoples details in order to have them on the list for the HHC/property tax. Rural houses would always be the hardest to track and register. Needless to say I didn't register for it, and won't register for it.
    I take care of my own foul water, thank you very much and unlike urban dwellers I don't expect it to be taken care of by the state.
    Another service I don't get from my LA.

ncdadam wrote: »
    Like the donkeys in Kerry.

i didnt hear that one,(i love to know more though, lol) but i did see that they put nappies on the horses in Killarney:rolleyes:.
    (and probably paid a million to consultants for the solution)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_otfwl2zc6Qc/SJW0dkDguyI/AAAAAAAAFSY/LyeTC3RjuLk/s1600/govt.bmp
    :pac::pac::pac:

i didnt hear that one,(i love to know more though, lol) but i did see that they put nappies on the horses in Killarney:rolleyes:.
    (and probably paid a million for consultants for the solution)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_otfwl2zc6Qc/SJW0dkDguyI/AAAAAAAAFSY/LyeTC3RjuLk/s1600/govt.bmp
    :pac::pac::pac:

Sorry, my mistake, I meant horses and when I said Kerry, I meant county Kerry. Same story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

so the former "financial regulator" Pat Neary got €630,000 lump sum and gets a guaranteed €143,000 a year pension for the rest of his life.....and all after presiding over the biggest banking balls up in the history of this state !!!
    UNBELIEVABLE is not even an appropriate word to describe this!

Lugha, are there any savings we could possibly make regarding Pat Neary's pension ?....could we shave off €5,000 or €10,000 ?....what if we halved his pension ?...would he be in danger of being malnourished or becoming homeless?....would you consider it immoral to cut his pension?...you seem to consider taxing a persons home not to be immoral. So that's a possible €70,000 a year saved, we could even cut it by a lot more and he would still be very comfortable!....and don't you dare tell me that it would make no difference to the €13b deficit !!....it is but one example, how many thousands more are on overly generous pensions?....how many staff could be cut in a way so as not to effect front line services?.. my guess is thousands.....and how about cutting the pay of the medium / high earners in the ps, many of them are being paid more than the people who are bailing us out ?....it is unbelievable to think the govt. would try to cut something like the disabled allowances before cutting the likes of this effin imbeciles pension !!....it makes me very angry:mad:...
    The govt. may have backed down on the disabled cuts but they did try to implement them, this fact alone speaks volumes about their priorities when it comes to spending and shows their utter contempt for the wellbeing of the people of this state.
    Can you tell me please, why should we ALL take pain to support this indulgence and waste ?...the govt. should be implementing serious cuts to their pay/pension bill before crucifying the long suffering people of Ireland.

I await your reply to the questions I have asked ....oh, and if DX or DV would like to try and justify this sh!te then please, knock yourselves out girls... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

donalg1 wrote: »
    I am sure there are a few genius' that won't avail of it and will instead pay the 50 or even wait to be fined 5000 for it.

What's the source of your figure for the fine?

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    I am sure there are a few genius' that won't avail of it and will instead pay the 50 or even wait to be fined 5000 for it.

There is no source because it's more bu11****e from a pro taxer.

I heard some bloke being interviewed on Morning Ireland this morning and He mentioned NO figure for a fine. I am wondering where people get these figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    so the former "financial regulator" Pat Neary got .............................
    I am not sure what your question is, what with all the ranting. Perhaps you could use one post to ask a clear, concise question and use a different one if you are planning on throwing a wobbler.

I am guessing (!) that your question is, can enough money be saved by slashing the pay / pensions to high earnings PS (or ex) workers like Neary, so as to eliminate the need to cut the pay of more modest PS earners or to raise taxes that target the general population?

If that is your question, then I would say IMO, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

ncdadam wrote:
    McGuinness has it right here.
    Maybe if these faceless overpaid and underworked PS wasters were named and shamed they might be more careful with our money and we wouldn't need to bring in taxes that single out only one section of society.

He slipped up and forgot the golden rule. You're never supposed to attack the managers in the public service, only the middle and ordinary ranking public service employees. Thats how the deal works. He'll soon be taken aside for a little chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Whereabouts did you look for it for yourself.
    Yes there is. The bu11****e is all yours
    I heard some bloke being interviewed on Morning Ireland this morning and He mentioned NO figure for a fine. I am wondering where people get these figures.
    I'd say you wonder about a lot of stuff.
    Offences and penalties.
    70M.— (1) A person guilty of an offence under section 70B(12), 70C(2), 70E(10), 70G(5), 70H(18), or 70L(2) is liable, on summary conviction, to a class A fine.

(2) A water services authority guilty of an offence under section 70I(6) is liable on conviction on indictment, to a fine not exceeding €50,000.”.

Class A fines:
    Range of amounts
    Not greater than €5,000 but greater than €4,000

For people too lazy to read the legislation, the website has it too:
    If you don’t register your system, you are committing an offence. Local authorities will be responsible for following-up cases of non-compliance. The maximum penalty for an individual who commits an offence under the legislation is a fine of €5,000.

Your little fella will be wetting himself with delight after you dug that one up.
    Jesus between the two of you, you know every fine, every breach of the law,every rule and anything else to do with HHC, property tax and water charges etc.
    And yet both of you claim not to work in these areas.:rolleyes:

BTW, I stand corrected if there is a €5,000 fine, just shows the madness that exists in this little sh1thole.

Oversee the banks destroy an economy? reward, €600,000 odd payoff and €143,000 per year pension.
    Refuse/forget to pay a €5 registration fee? reward, up to a €5,000 fine.
    A backward looking little sh1thole at that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

The official website

Being from the UK originally, I really cant see what all the fuss is about. There's been a household charge (council tax) over there for years.QUOTE]

Hiya doin, murph. I want ya to read the above from your post carefully. Now, please tell ya did'nt make a mistake. You say that you were paying council tax in the UK. It was definitely council tax and not a property tax, is that right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Offences and penalties.
    70M.— (1) A person guilty of an offence under section 70B(12), 70C(2), 70E(10), 70G(5), 70H(18), or 70L(2) is liable, on summary conviction, to a [COLOR="Red"]class A fine[/COLOR].

(2) A water services authority guilty of an offence under section 70I(6) is liable on conviction on indictment, to a fine not exceeding €50,000.”.

Class A fines:
    Range of amounts
    Not greater than [COLOR="red"][SIZE="3"]€5,000[/SIZE][/COLOR] but greater than €4,000

If you don’t register your system, you are committing an offence. Local authorities will be responsible for following-up cases of non-compliance. The maximum penalty for an individual who commits an offence under the legislation is a fine of €5,000.

There is no point dv no matter how many times they are wrong they still come back for more. They don't even bother doing any research before making silly remarks about facts being bull.

• Advertisement

There is no point daddy no matter how many times they are wrong they still come back for more. They don't even bother doing any research before making silly remarks about facts being bull.

FYP

Your little fella will be wetting himself with delight after you dug that one up.
    Jesus between the two of you, you know every fine, every breach of the law,every rule and anything else to do with HHC, property tax and water charges etc.

BTW, I stand corrected if there is a €5,000 fine, just shows the madness that exists in this little sh1thole.
    There was nothing to 'dig up'. All of the information was plain to see in exactly the places you would expect to see it.

You were too lazy to look it up and just ignorant enough to label the information as bull****.

There was nothing to 'dig up'. All of the information was plain to see in exactly the places you would expect to see it.

You were too lazy to look it up and just ignorant enough to label the information as bull****.

I take everything that poster puts up with a pinch of salt.
    He likes acting the smart arse so I instinctively don't trust him.
    And your right, I was to lazy/busy to look it up.
    Ignorant? Well we've all got opinions on each other here I suppose.

Didn't ask you, so not going to answer.....don't discusss on a one way ticket....

Oversee the banks destroy an economy? reward, €600,000 odd payoff and €143,000 per year pension.
    Refuse/forget to pay a €5 registration fee? reward, up to a €5,000 fine.
    A backward looking little sh1thole at that!

They MUST be plants by fg/lab

There is no point dv no matter how many times they are wrong they still come back for more. They don't even bother doing any research before making silly remarks about facts being bull.

Holy sh1t, both of you are really masters at twisting questions into statements. You both gotta be politicians. Is that calling you names dv?????? lol

Didn't ask you, so not going to answer.....don't discusss on a one way ticket....
    It was a rhetorical question - its clear that you didn't look at all.

It was a rhetorical question - its clear that you didn't look at all.
    I promised myself never to interract with someone as one tracked as you again dv.

BUt before I hold my silence let me explain ( if you can take it in):

I am not on a farm so a septic tank is of no consequence to me. I heard an interview ( as I already said) with some bloke on Morning Ireland, and as far as I can recall, there was no mention of a fine. He did say anyone posting applications over the weekend will still get the €5 concession. Then He said it is €50 up until.............end of February...I think

So, You are very smart at jumping to conclusions. I had no reason to look for a fine and all I did was ask a question of source...unfortunatly you had to stick your big nose into a question that wasn't directed at you.

I asked you questions last weekend and am still awaiting answers & an apology. Seems this conversation only generates a 'response' from you when it suits you. Well, 2 can play your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

So, will every household pay the the property tax, or just the property owners ???
    I presume it'll be every household as in the UK. I've took a look through thread but I'm a bit unsure of this, or has it not been decided yet?
    It should be every household, not the owner. Those on very low earnings or benefits will then be able to apply for property tax benefit which will allow them to pay a reduced rate or none at all depending on circumstances.
    Thanks

Ps. did I hear right on the news that the greeks are after MORE money? FFS, they're mad.

• Advertisement

I asked you questions last weekend and am still awaiting answers & an apology
    Still looking for an apology!!
    How many times do I have to tell you - there will be no apology.

Let that be an end to it now.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement