Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

dvpower wrote: »
    Still looking for an apology!!
    How many times do I have to tell you - there will be no apology.

Let that be an end to it now.:)

Then stop speaking for someone else. I aksed someone else a question, and you stuck your nose in where it wasnt wanted. Anyhow, don;'t bother responding anymore to my points, as I will totally ignore you. You are not a man/woman when you can't apologise for your gross errors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Then stop speaking for someone else.
    If you've got a problen with what I post or how I post then take it to a moderator.
    Otherwise, please STFU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

People should really just use the ignore facility. It's a dream not having to read that stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

So, will every household pay the the property tax, or just the property owners ???
    I presume it'll be every household as in the UK. I've took a look through thread but I'm a bit unsure of this, or has it not been decided yet?
    It should be every household, not the owner. Those on very low earnings or benefits will then be able to apply for property tax benefit which will allow them to pay a reduced rate or none at all depending on circumstances.
    Thanks

Ps. did I hear right on the news that the greeks are after MORE money? FFS, they're mad.

No Murph, this is the root of the problem in Ireland with the property Tax/hhc.

The govt claim its to fund local council services and amenities, which all section's of the community avail of, yet its the owners only that have to foot the bill.

Its not like council tax or rates, which is what we complain about.

Still looking for an apology!!
    How many times do I have to tell you - there will be no apology.

Let that be an end to it now.:)

NEVER, am taking this further. Don't know who you think you are but I sure dereve an apology for your actions last weekend.

• Advertisement

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    People should really just use the ignore facility. It's a dream not having to read that stuff.

Bullseye1, I have no problem admitting when am wrong. But it seems dv is a law unto him/herself.....

I don't see why i have to go the 'ignore' route when its someone else who is causing the trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

NEVER, am taking this further. Don't know who you think you are but I sure dereve an apology for your actions last weekend.
    Well then, for Gods sake, press the report button on the offending post(s).
    I promise to respect whatever moderation decision that is made.

But then I don't want to hear anymore about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

Bullseye1 wrote: »

Done that myself, but when someone else quotes the ones on ignore it's there for all to see.
    Just not responding to trolls is probably the best way but sometimes it has to be responded to.
    Mind you when one poster is telling another to STFU, short for shut the fcuk up, it oversteps the mark.

If you've got a problen with what I post or how I post then take it to a moderator.
    Otherwise, please STFU.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

MOD
    Otherwise, please STFU.

Well you stop saying STFU please, it's really rude.

This is a warning for everyone. Can you please stop the bickering and baiting. If it continues there will be thread bans etc.

Fair warning.

Please report posts instead of replying to them on thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,756 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Don't ruin the thread lads, it's great fun.
    I love proving the Pro tax crowd wrong and having a great laugh at their posts.

Tell you what tayto, this family tag team are great craic altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

My feelings exactly I love proving all the anti ones wrong and lmao at some of their posts. Although there does seem to be a few new posters round here trying to get it shut down.

I did notice the mod warning was directed at one pro taxer in particular.
    Hopefully he'll tone down his insulting attitude now.

donalg1 wrote: »
    My feelings exactly I love proving all the anti ones wrong and lmao at some of their posts. Although there does seem to be a few new posters round here trying to get it shut down.

Don't know who that remark is directed at DG. But I have no problem with a debate from pro and anti debaters. But when someone starts copying and pasting to suit themselves, that out of order in my book. Anyhow, hopefully, we can debate without throwing insults from here on in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

donalg1 wrote: »

Don't know who that remark is directed at DG. But I have no problem with a debate from pro and anti debaters. But when someone starts copying and pasting to suit themselves, that out of order in my book. Anyhow, hopefully, we can debate without throwing insults from here on in.

Don't worry wasn't directed at yourself as you seem to want to debate in a proper grown up way unlike some who are here to troll and try annoy people into going off topic. I am here to debate and stick to the topic only.

Boards.ie is meant to be a debating forum, all people who refuse to pay a dodgy charge get are insults and being branded a tax defaulter/cheat.
    It does nothing for this thread and that's why there are plenty of personality clashes.

Basically, what we have here is one group of people who've had enough of the waste of taxpayers money and the perks enjoyed by the primadonnas in the PS and are refusing to play along with it anymore and another group who want to tax this country to it's knees in order to pay for the above mentioned waste and perks, no matter what the consequences are for the country.
    Pro taxers are only looking after their own self interests, you only have to look at the profile of most of them.
    All the side issues are just noise....

It's ok Le_Dieux, junior was having a go at me. Best to ignore as I said.

Mod

Closed this for now, it is simply ridiculous. Pot shots all over the shop. I'm going to have a good read over the thread and if it's a farce between a handful of poster, you will all be removed from the thread.

If I thread banned one, I'd have to thread ban all.

Zero tolerance from here, this thread has been flagged to the AH mod team and every post will be read. This is the final warning, straight infractions with a thread or forum ban for any hint of flaming. So cut out the family crap and the lame digs.

You will not be given the benefit of the doubt from here.

Lets make this a fresh start.

• Advertisement

Right so lads, let's settle down and have a proper discussion.
    Call a truce, so to speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,756 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone know how much we owe now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

How much have we paid the bondholders, private speculators and gamblers so far ?

Anyone know how much we owe now?

I owe the Indian take away delivery man, 23.80. :pac:

Few beers and curry tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Still no letter threatening me,noticed one at the homeplace & they paid it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

Fiasco Phil will move travellers in next door to you if you don't pay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Ghandee wrote: »
    I owe the Indian take away delivery man, 23.80. :pac:

Few beers and curry tonight.

What did you get?

Phaal for me......hot hot hot!

Oh ****, I've said too much. I spent a fifth of the household charge on my grub.

Lock me up :cool:

Dub XV wrote: »
    What did you get?

Phaal for me......hot hot hot!

Oh ****, I've said too much. I spent a fifth of the household charge on my grub.

Lock me up :cool:

Veg samosa, chicken saag, pilau rice and naan for me
    Veg pakora, channa masala (chickpea curry) for the boss.........

Washing it all down with some Japanese beer, asahi!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

Ghandee wrote: »
    No Murph, this is the root of the problem in Ireland with the property Tax/hhc.

The govt claim its to fund local council services and amenities, which all section's of the community avail of, yet its the owners only that have to foot the bill.

Its not like council tax or rates, which is what we complain about.

Well thats a bit of a sham. Whats the point of charging the landlord for local services in Cork when he lives in Donegal and pays for house hold charges there already. Where's the sence in that.
    The charge should be for the householder, not the property owner, be it rented, owned, council property, or caravan. If you live in cork you pay the property tax/hhc in Cork etc etc.
    You could be renting a property and earning 75k a year, just because you don't own the house doesn't always mean you can't afford to pay. Many people rent as a lifestyle choice, for example maybe they dont intend to stay in an area for a long period of time.

• Advertisement

Well thats a bit of a sham. Whats the point of charging the landlord for local services in Cork when he lives in Donegal and pays for house hold charges there already. Where's the sence in that.
    The charge should be for the householder, not the property owner, be it rented, owned, council property, or caravan. If you live in cork you pay the property tax/hhc in Cork etc etc.
    You could be renting a property and earning 75k a year, just because you don't own the house doesn't always mean you can't afford to pay. Many people rent as a lifestyle choice, for example maybe they dont intend to stay in an area for a long period of time.

For me, You both raise very valid arguments/points of view. Isn't this exactly where this 'tax' is right now? Nobody knows exactly where it's going? who does/n't benefit? Utter confusion!

I am completely against it on a number of fronts, and also trying to appease the IR, so haven't got the money at the moment.

What I do find scary is all the circus that accompanied this charge - I can see it all starting over again over the forth coming water charge - yet another debacle in the making, and most certainly of their own making.

As Marlele Dietrich ( among many others) once sang: 'When will they ever learn'?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement