Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Ghandee wrote: »
    Died at birth? Its still a very very much alive protest, and one that's still very very much moving closer to all out victory to the anti property tax side.
    Its a silent protest only.
    Where are the meetings, the marches, the demonstrations, the legal actions, the political pressure? :pac:
    It has all the hallmarks of a failed campaign. If it smells like a pig, then it's probably a pig.

ffs, they're not even phoning Joe Duffy anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

ncdadam wrote: »
    Eh, no!
    As of 2010 there were 170,000 homes on 5,500 GWS.
    300,000 or so homes will not be metered because of the high cost or technical difficulties involved in metering.
    Houses on the above mentioned GWS avail of grants too,

Rates

Individual Supply Grant Scheme
    Under this scheme, if your house is more than 7 years old and not connected to either a public or a group scheme, you may be eligible for a grant (subject to some conditions). The grant is worth up to €2,031.58 (or 75% of the cost of the work, whichever is the lesser) and must be used to provide a new water supply or to upgrade an existing one. Only one grant per house will be allowed in any 10-year period. In order to qualify for the grant, the proposed work must cost more than €635. A local authority inspection will be carried out before any work starts.

The kind of work that would be eligible for the grant is the drilling of a new well or the provision of essential pumping or water filtration/disinfection equipment.

For more details and application forms, apply to your local authority.

Group Water Grant Scheme
    Grants are available from the local authority if 2 or more householders get together to provide their homes and farms with a water system where none exists. A committee that represents the scheme members must propose the scheme and the local authority must approve it. The amount of grant payable depends on where the scheme is located. Check with your local authority for details of your area. Generally, a grant will cover 85% of the cost, with a limit of €6,475 for each house in the scheme. The group members must cover the balance, but costs can be kept down if members can do some of the work themselves.

An annual subsidy is available for the running costs of the group water scheme. This must be approved by the local authority. The amount of subsidy is 100% of the qualifying expenditure up to the following limits:

€70 for each house supplied from a from a local authority source (public mains)
    €140 for each house supplied from a private source (such as a private well)
    Where a group scheme has provided its own water treatment plant under a Design, Build, Operate (DBO) contract, a new subsidy will be paid to cover the full production cost of treated water for domestic use.

Get it right dv and don't be putting lies out about 500,000 'already pay for their water'.
    See dv's lie about 500,000 paying for their water earlier Ghandee?
    No retraction of that lie coming.
    Credibility gone.
    dvpower wrote: »
    How is it related to the HHC / Property tax?

Try to keep at least slightly on topic.

Right, you'll say nothing negative about your bearded superior (possibly family friend?)

What nc asked is very much on topic.

Please answer the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

darkhorse wrote:
    Like the pensioners over the medical cards?

So you're left depending on the over 70's to protest ?

A dying breed. Anyone under 70 a waste of space when it comes to protesting. They've been too well indoctrinated.

Jellicoe wrote: »

A dying breed. Anyone under 70 a waste of space when it comes to protesting. They've been too well indoctrinated.

I'm genuinely confused about you.

Are you for this tax/against this tax,/just looking a reaction?

You're posts and sentiments seemingly change from hour to hour?

... and yet you keep asking me dumb questions. :confused:

I only 'dumb' them down for you DV so you can keep up :pac:

• Advertisement

Ghandee wrote: »
    What nc asked is very much on topic.

Please answer the man.
    I think nc is on about water charges - this actually is a thread about the HHC, although it has morphed into a general toilet for the disposal of any old rant.

Mind you I didn't see a question anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Hijpo

If everyone paid the hhc would the majority of it be pumped into waterford or would it be stuck into infrastructure for dublin, cork, kilkenny or mayo. That place is dying a slow death, seems to be quietly shutting down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

QUOTE]

WTF. Here's another one that answers a question with another question.:mad:

darkhorse wrote: »

WTF. Here's another one that answers a question with another question.:mad:

This lad doesn't yet know which team he's batting for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

No directed at anyone in particular, but
    I'm just tired hearing the same tired old big talk, all mouth and no trousers rants from the ordinary Irish public, while they bend over and take it up the ass with their head in the sand, and then run out to vote FF/FG/Lab every 5 years. Same parties, just different cronies.

• Advertisement

Mind you I didn't see a question anyway.

You'd probably answer it with another question anyway.

Same parties, just different cronies.

I have to say that I agree with ya on that score. You know the funniest thing, if one was found to have lied for the purpose of securing a job anywhere else, they would be sacked, a politician is untouchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

See dv's lie about 500,000 paying for their water earlier Ghandee?
    No retraction of that lie coming.
    Credibility gone.

Silence can be so deafening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    The anti property tax campaign has not begun because the property tax has not been introduced yet. It's one thing paying €100 to register its another thing to pay €300, €500 or €1000 a year for basically nothing new. You still need to source your own rubbish collection and there will be a water charge with an expected cost to each house owner of €500-€800 for insertion of water meter and then an average water charge of €300-€500.

Personally I can see mass demonstration as this current government has done nothing to bring about a change in how politics is conducted in this country with "stroke politics" still to the fore. And when people see €1 billion paid by AIB to gamblers (who lost, cannot see Paddy Power paying put on a horse that fell at the first fence) and then hit the rest of the population with a 0.5% interest increase because of the lunacy of tracker mortgages people will finally say enough is enough.

Please the whole campaign against the HHC started and ended in about a week, there is no campaign anymore, and no protests and I dont think the Property Tax will be any different and neither will the water charges as most sensible people realise they should be paying for water anyway.

People in this country dont do sustained mass protests they might go to one and then not bother after that, why you think next year or tomorrow will be any different is anyones guess. There are some here that say not paying the HHC is protest enough and this basically just confirms the above, people are too lazy to protest and saying not paying the HHC is my protest is a load of old b*llocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

donalg1 wrote: »
    Please the whole campaign against the HHC started and ended in about a week, there is no campaign anymore, and no protests and I dont think the Property Tax will be any different and neither will the water charges as most sensible people realise they should be paying for water anyway.

People in this country dont do sustained mass protests they might go to one and then not bother after that, why you think next year or tomorrow will be any different is anyones guess. There are some here that say not paying the HHC is protest enough and this basically just confirms the above, people are too lazy to protest and saying not paying the HHC is my protest is a load of old b*llocks.

for such a failed protest , you guys are still on a lot defending this tax.:rolleyes:

the hhc is targeting the one group of people that dont have time to be out marching, so dont assume they dont care or are lazy cause they arent loud enough. (Marie Antoinette comes to mind...)

bgrizzley wrote: »
    for such a failed protest , you guys are still on a lot defending this tax.:rolleyes:

the hhc is targeting the one group of people that dont have time to be out marching, so dont assume they dont care or are lazy cause they arent loud enough. (Marie Antoinette comes to mind...)

Thats convenient they dont have time to march yet some here have all day to post on Boards about it. :rolleyes:

Who is defending it, I for one am not, I just laugh at some people who think not paying is protest enough.

Thats convenient they dont have time to march yet some here have all day to post on Boards about it. :rolleyes:

Who is defending it, I for one am not, I just laugh at some people who think not paying is protest enough.

Some people have children to worry about, would you rather they drag them through the streets?

just goes to show what the pro's have run out of lines to defend corrupt ministers and there decisions. All they have left is giving out about how we havent taken to the streets :rolleyes:

Why dont you worry about budgeting your household down to the last euro for the property tax and water rates your going to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    and then hit the rest of the population with a 0.5% interest increase because of the lunacy of tracker mortgages people will finally say enough is enough.

Tax-payers should be happy with this. Well the non-AIB mortgage ones.

The revolution will be on Facebook :pac:

Hijpo wrote: »
    Some people have children to worry about, would you rather they drag them through the streets?

just goes to show what the pro's have run out of lines to defend corrupt ministers and there decisions. All they have left is giving out about how we havent taken to the streets :rolleyes:

Why dont you worry about budgeting your household down to the last euro for the property tax and water rates your going to pay.

So now people have children and others dont have the time to protest, how very convenient for those who try to justify the lack of protest over something they apparently feel so strongly about. One excuse after another with this lot.

I dont need to worry about budgeting for my taxes I have already done this and can manage my finance perfectly well. Its the others round here that clearly need to worry about budgeting.

And I am not giving out about how you havent taken to the streets, I knew all along the mass protests would die out as quick as they happened originally. I am just laughing at some peoples attempts to say they are protesting by not paying and mashing their keyboard here all day.

• Advertisement

:D at least im here posting all day on my own money, you self employed Donal? and DV, you self employed?(since you agree):eek:

:D at least im here posting all day on my own money, you self employed Donal? and DV, you self employed?(since you agree):eek:

Nope I am not self employed. Since I agree with what now, agree that the apparent protests are absolutely laughable? Or agree that the cahwt failed miserably? Or agree that the HHC wont be abolished and that the property tax will be introduced and the water charges will also be introduced? Or just all of the above?

The revolution will be on Facebook :pac:

i dont like facebook, but i wouldnt underestimate the power of social media either DV. Didnt twitter fcuk up that FF bagmans chance at presidency in a heartbeat?

Nope I am not self employed. Since I agree with what now, agree that the apparent protests are absolutely laughable? Or agree that the cahwt failed miserably? Or agree that the HHC wont be abolished and that the property tax will be introduced and the water charges will also be introduced? Or just all of the above?

read post again. second question was aimed at DV(he thanked your post) .

agree that the apparent protests are absolutely laughable?
    I dont see the government laughing
    Or agree that the cahwt failed miserably?

the group is still active, holding meetings in every county and still has members not registering and not paying
    Or agree that the HHC wont be abolished and that the property tax will be introduced and the water charges will also be introduced?

Property tax? is that the tax that all they have agreed upon/set up is the name of it?

the group is still active, holding meetings in every county and still has members not registering and not paying
    There aren't meeting in every county.
    I posted a full list of all of their planned activities last week - they are in hibernation.

I dont see the government laughing

If you could see me you would see me laughing at the lame apparent protests. And I am sure there are one or two in Government maybe not laughing but feeling happy or surprised that there arent any protests.

The aim of cahwt was to get the HHC scrapped this hasnt happened and will never happen nobody even listens to them anymore or puts any pass on them, I mean Mick Wallace is one of their leaders so that says it all really.
    Property tax? is that the tax that all they have agreed upon/set up is the name of it?

Thats the very one, yes, I would think they have done more than decide on the name of it, chances are they havent informed us yet of what they are considering.

Or agree that the cahwt failed miserably
    I posted a full list of all of their planned activities last week
    The aim of cahwt was to get the HHC scrapped

So, everyone has paid the HHC, the CAWHT has disbanded and the government has reached there compliance goal and built there much needed database completely.
    Going on those points, would you also be of the opinion that the government has also failed in to achieve there aims?

Were all fcuked lads
    they havent informed us yet of what they are considering

Considering, so they havent made a definit decision on anything except its name then??

So, everyone has paid the HHC, the CAWHT has disbanded and the government has reached there compliance goal and built there much needed database completely.

Were all fcuked lads

Where did I say any of that, I said the cahwt have failed never said disbanded or did I? Or was that you putting words in my mouth? The cahwt should disband though for all the use they are anyway, biggest bunch of misfit wasters if ever I saw one.

And I didnt realise everyone had paid the HHC do you have a source for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Marie Antoinette eh.
    Wasn't her famous quote "Let them eat cake" ?

I like cake

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement