Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Hijpo

donalg1 wrote: »
    Where did I say any of that, I said the cahwt have failed never said disbanded or did I? Or was that you putting words in my mouth?

*sigh* :rolleyes:
    I never said you said that, i was making refrence as to what has NOT happend
    The cahwt should disband though for all the use they are anyway, biggest bunch of misfit wasters if ever I saw one.
    i am part of the CAWHT campaign. Am i a misfit timewaster?

And I didnt realise everyone had paid the HHC do you have a source for this?

i feel another sigh coming on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Hijpo wrote: »
    ;)

dvpower wrote: »
    ;)
    Can you elaborate? or are you just baiting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

he likes being concise in his trolling when hes on his lunch break:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

The leaders of the cahwt campaign are misfit wasters, those that listen to them and follow them are well I dont even know.

So when you were making reference as to what has not happened you were talking sh1te and not actually making any point then.

And as for the last part well you did claim that the HHC has been collected in full I simply asked for a source.

Seeing as you are a member of the cahwt campaign, can you tell me how its going for you? Have you reached your goal of getting the HHC scrapped and are you still operating under the delusion that this could ever happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

Non payment is working for me. Apparently they have sent out the third warning letter. Still to get the first and 100 euro in my pocket for fags,booze,gambling whatever i wish to do with it. It's my money and I'm keeping it. Fair play to those that paid it because your getting the exact same local services as mine CRAP. So those that have paid are punished because I have my dirty fingers wrapped around those tweenties good and tight. Lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Its no point, H, you'd have to send some them to hospital to have a sense of humour surgically fitted.:D

darkhorse wrote: »
    Its no point, H, you'd have to send some them to hospital to have a sense of humour surgically fitted.:D

Funny and very much related to the HHC ;)

The leaders of the cahwt campaign are misfit wasters, those that listen to them and follow them are well I dont even know.
    The same could be said for the people who abide by and accept without question every single word money hungry politicians say. Sounds like a cult.
    So when you were making reference as to what has not happened you were talking sh1te and not actually making any point
    :rolleyes:
    Going on those points that you stated ie: the HHC isnt scrapped therefor the campaign is a failure because that was there aim. Would you also be of the opinion that the government has also failed as they have not achieved there aim of completing there database and getting 100% compliance.
    Seeing as you are a member of the cahwt campaign, can you tell me how its going for you? Have you reached your goal of getting the HHC scrapped and are you still operating under the delusion that this could ever happen?

Ask the government how easy its been to collect there charges and complete there database ;) if they say its been easy and everyone has been compliant then i will say its going poorly.

Me baiting? You've got a cheek!
    How can i evade taxes when they come straight out of my pay packet ye slanderous little p****.

• Advertisement

Me baiting? You've got a cheek!

Were you not being slanderous by calling me a tax evader seen as though i pay all my taxes?

Here we go with more bickering, that a MOD has already had to warn against and guess who is involved again :rolleyes:

crusher000 wrote: »
    Non payment is working for me. Apparently they have sent out the third warning letter. Still to get the first and 100 euro in my pocket for fags,booze,gambling whatever i wish to do with it.
    What's this about €100? - you now owe €126 with the interest and penalties.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

What's this about €100? - you now owe €126 with the interest and penalties.;)

He owes nothing.

Was he invoiced yet?

The same could be said for the people who abide by and accept without question every single word money hungry politicians say. Sounds like a cult.
    I wouldnt call law abiding citizens a cult now in fairness.
    Going on those points that you stated ie: the HHC isnt scrapped therefor the campaign is a failure because that was there aim. Would you also be of the opinion that the government has also failed as they have not achieved there aim of completing there database and getting 100% compliance.

The government were always going to fail on this one, I mean they are pretty incompetent and this is no secret. The level of late fees and penalties and self registration crap pretty much guaranteed it would fail. So yes the Government have failed much the same way as the cahwt.

Ask the government how easy its been to collect there charges and complete there database ;) if they say its been easy and everyone has been compliant then i will say its going poorly.

Given that the aim of the cahwt was to get this charge scrapped I know their little campaign is a shambles and has been going poorly from day one.

Ghandee wrote: »
    He owes nothing.

Was he invoiced yet?

Doesnt matter, if he is liable for it then he owes it, it is quite simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

I had to do the very same thing as you, get posts and break them down for them, so they could understand them, a couple of times. For people that come across as being so knowledgable and educated, they are a lot of work. Reminds me of one job I worked in, it was like going in to take charge of a creche every day, and having to take a lot of work home with me, as I'd spend most of the day trying to get through to them, and I'm talking about grownups, not kids.

Doesnt matter, if he is liable for it then he owes it, it is quite simple.
    I'm very surprised that Ghandee is still spinning that old Freeman nonsense.

darkhorse wrote: »
    I had to do the very same thing as you, get posts and break them down for them, so they could understand them, a couple of times. For people that come across as being so knowledgable and educated, they are a lot of work. Reminds me of one job I worked in, it was like going in to take charge of a creche every day, and having to take a lot of work home with me, as I'd spend most of the day trying to get through to them, and I'm talking about grownups, not kids.

Ah yes good old darkhorse staying on topic as usual, seems like somebody needs things broken down and explained to them.

I'm very surprised that Ghandee is still spinning that old Freeman nonsense.

I've no part, never had any part of Freeman nonsense, generally though, when you owe something to someone, you receive a bill/invoice a reminder or something.

Why haven't any been sent out is all I ask?

So to sum it up
    Yes the Government have failed
    the cahwt campaign is a shambles and has been going poorly from day one.

I dont think i need to say anymore lmao

• Advertisement

So to sum it up

I dont think i need to say anymore lmao

Ah so you have spectacularly missed the point again, Hijpo, the Govt's aim was to get 100% collection, this was never going to happen so they have failed.

The cahwt's aim was to have the HHC scrapped, this was never going to happen so they have failed.

Now I cant say it any clearer than that for you, its appalling that I have to spell it out to you as it was abundantly clear in my previous post. Now if at all possible try not miss the point this time.

I too would be lmao now if I wasnt sitting here shaking my head in utter disbelief at your ability to miss a very simple point.

Ghandee wrote: »
    I've no part, never had any part of Freeman nonsense, generally though, when you owe something to someone, you receive a bill/invoice a reminder or something.

Why haven't any been sent out is all I ask?

Because there was no need to send them out.

Ah so you have spectacularly missed the point again, Hijpo, the Govt's aim was to get 100% collection, this was never going to happen so they have failed.

The cahwt's aim was to have the HHC scrapped, this was never going to happen so they have failed.

Now I cant say it any clearer than that for you, its appalling that I have to spell it out to you as it was abundantly clear in my previous post. Now if at all possible try not miss the point this time.

I too would be lmao now if I wasnt sitting here shaking my head in utter disbelief at your ability to miss a very simple point.

Donal the only point youv been trying to make for the past two pages is how badly the CAHWT has failed, not suprising tjis is all ye have left to comment on as any other arguments the pro taxers have tried to conjure up have been doused in spectacular fashion by more campaigners in agreement with not payign this charge than pro taxers have to back them up.

You said the CAWHT is a shambles and has failed to get going from day one yet in the exact same post you say the government has failed to reach its own aims. If it was not for the information provided to the public, protests and meetings organised by the CAHWT then i believe alot more people would be paying as some people just need to know that there is someone of the same opinion who is willing to act and CAWHT shows people that they have that kind of backing.

Your very grumpy today donal, cheer up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Slurryface

Cake is good for you!:D

If it was not for the information provided to the public, protests and meetings organised by the CAHWT then i believe alot more people would be paying as some people just need to know that there is someone of the same opinion who is willing to act and CAWHT shows people that they have that kind of backing.
    The CAWHT aren't willing to act - they've more or less stopped operating.
    They used to be all mouth and trousers, but they're not even that anymore.

The CAWHT aren't willing to act - they've more or less stopped operating.
    They used to be all mouth and trousers, but they're not even that anymore.

Have they? your not in the group why would you know about what we are doing?
    You have no idea what we are considering in response to the governments conciderations on the tax that is definitely called a property tax.

Donal the only point youv been trying to make for the past two pages is how badly the CAHWT has failed, not suprising tjis is all ye have left to comment on as any other arguments the pro taxers have tried to conjure up have been doused in spectacular fashion by more campaigners in agreement with not payign this charge than pro taxers have to back them up.

You said the CAWHT is a shambles and has failed to get going from day one yet in the exact same post you say the government has failed to reach its own aims. If it was not for the information provided to the public, protests and meetings organised by the CAHWT then i believe alot more people would be paying as some people just need to know that there is someone of the same opinion who is willing to act and CAWHT shows people that they have that kind of backing.

Your very grumpy today donal, cheer up :D

I am not at all grumpy I have been breaking my hole laughing at some of the posts here today.

The cahwt is a shambles and always has been, they couldnt organise a p1ss up in a brewery. They have 100% completely failed on this one and I expect the water charges to go the same way thats if anyone at all is even bothered listening to them about that considering how unbelievable ineffective their campaign has been.

Everyone I know that hasnt paid has nothing to do with the cahwt and never has they say they have not paid because they chose not to, and thier decision was in no way influenced by the cahwt they wouldnt even know where they are based or who is actually involved with it. I just checked their website for upcoming events in my area and surprise surprise there were none listed.

The only time I have seen them is once on the road here there was a jeep driving around plastered in anti HHC stickers, with a loud speaker on top rambling on about some nonsense that people were laughing at. I since learned the lad driving it around is an absolute nut case, and is going around claiming to be acting on behalf of Mick Wallace, and apparently Mick even has said he has nothing whatsoever to do with him which says it all really.

They publish a list of all of their upcoming events - the list is virtually empty.
    You have no idea what we are considering in response to the governments conciderations on the tax that is definitely called a property tax.
    Are you involved with them? The campaign is fcuked so.:cool:

Well why dont you enlighten us to what the mighty cahwt are planning in response to the introduction of the property tax.

• Advertisement

Because there was no need to send them out.

With an attitude like that from the govt, are you seriously surprised why folk adopted the 'no need to pay it so' stance?

The cheek of them, charging the people to set their data base up for them lol.

They were so hungry for cash, they couldn't even have let the folk register for free.

Bondholders need to be paid though, and free anything does not a happy Bond holder make.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement