Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Ghandee wrote: »
    With an attitude like that from the govt, are you seriously surprised why folk adopted the 'no need to pay it so' stance?

The cheek of them, charging the people to set their data base up for them lol.

They were so hungry for cash, they couldn't even have let the folk register for free.

Bondholders need to be paid though, and free anything does not a happy Bond holder make.

Course not, sure people were always going to try and avoid it, the Govt just made it easy for them to avoid it.

And sending a load of Invoices to people that werent going to pay wouldnt have resulted in a massive waste of money. (not that they would think like this of course!)

Even if they told people they could register for free they still wouldnt have got near the 100% mark. €100 with big fines and penalties for those that dont pay it, and see it through of course, and everyone is liable regardless of their living arrangements. That would have got them much more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Hijpo

dvpower wrote: »
    They publish a list of all of their upcoming events - the list is virtually empty.

Are you involved with them? The campaign is fcuked so.:cool:

the majority of people involved with CAWHT i would imagine are the working class home owners (you know, the ones being targeted) with jobs to attend and homes to look after, so to be of the illusion that events should be organised every week in every county and attended by atleast a couple of hundred or the campaign doesnt exist is hilarious.

now and again 160 clowns converge on the dail for a substantial amount of your taxes over an insufficient 101 days of the 365 day calander year and yourself and donal are more worried about a campaign that doesnt involve either of ye lol

good one lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Hijpo wrote: »
    the majority of people involved with CAWHT i would imagine are the working class home owners (you know, the ones being targeted) with jobs to attend and homes to look after, so to be of the illusion that events should be organised every week in every county and attended by atleast a couple of hundred or the campaign doesnt exist is hilarious.
    Seriously? You're saying that of the nearly 600,000 people who didn't pay yet, all of them are too busy to go on a protest?
    That is hilarious.
    now and again 160 clowns converge on the dail
    Don't be exaggerating. The campaign haven't been able to muster 160 people to converge on the Dáil in a good while.
    [...] about a campaign that doesnt involve either of ye lol
    Tax evasion involves everyone.

Seriously? You're saying that of the nearly 600,000 people who didn't pay yet, all of them are too busy to go on a protest?
    That is hilarious.

Don't be exaggerating. The campaign haven't been able to muster 160 people to converge on the Dáil in a good while.

Tax evasion involves everyone.
    To busy so far yes :)

Oh, hit a nerve when i insulted the politicians did i, wonder why.

Tax evasion involves everyone eh? Why are you not spouting your tripe to get the tax evaders in the dail booted out?
    To busy?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

donalg1 wrote: »
    Thats convenient they dont have time to march yet some here have all day to post on Boards about it. :rolleyes:

Some of us have to work during the day, the pro taxers on here for the most part are PS so I'm probably paying for them to be on boards all day.

Did I hear on the news there that FF are now against a property tax too?
    I can see labour jumping ship soon too, there'll be an election before the property tax is brought in and parties promising not to bring it in will get elected.
    FF/Labour coalition on the way I'd reckon.
    FG are completely out of their depth, no wonder they weren't in government for 14 years or whatever it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

ncdadam wrote: »
    Did I hear on the news there that FF are now against a property tax too?
    I can see labour jumping ship soon too, there'll be an election before the property tax is brought in and parties promising not to bring it in will get elected.
    FF/Labour coalition on the way I'd reckon.
    FG are completely out of their depth, no wonder they weren't in government for 14 years or whatever it was.

600,000 criminalized voters that they call unpatriotic tax evaders, and god knows how many more people who paid out of fear.
    dont fancy FGs chances at the door...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

bgrizzley wrote: »
    600,000 criminalized voters that they call unpatriotic tax evaders, and god knows how many more people who paid out of fear.
    dont fancy FGs chances at the door...

Don't fancy the chances of property tax seeing the light of day now tbh.

FF are low down rats all the same, next they'll have the cheek and audacity to suggest stop paying Bond holders, and letting banks fail lol, this may be the fatal blow to an already shoddy regime.

So, out of all the political parties in Ireland, only FG are in favour of a property tax now, is that it? We all know labour are about to oppose it now too, they see another possible coalition partner.

Ouch lads. This news has gotta sicken you right? I see the wind drop completely from your sails now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Please yourself. The fact that "you don't think the property tax will be any different" to the household charge and your one of the biggest pro charge exponents shows you how out of touch some people are with reality.

I have no objection to the property tax in principle but it should have been brought in back in early 2000. Now is simply not the time to put additional taxes onto the population when so many are struggling as it is. Another €300, €500 and €1000 in some cases will tip many over the edge.

With regards water I don't for one moment think that the majority of people believe they should be paying more for water. We already pay for it through existing taxes. This BS line that water is free is a lie. Whether there is enough money being paid is a different matter. Again in principle I've no objection paying for water over an adequate quota.

Water is not free we pay for it in income tax.
    Please the whole campaign against the HHC started and ended in about a week, there is no campaign anymore, and no protests and I dont think the Property Tax will be any different and neither will the water charges as most sensible people realise they should be paying for water anyway.

People in this country dont do sustRichbamf donationained mass protests they might go to one and then not bother after that, why you think next year or tomorrow will be any different is anyones guess. There are some here that say not paying the HHC is protest enough and this basically just confirms the above, people are too lazy to protest and saying not paying the HHC is my protest is a load of old b*llocks.

• Advertisement

Tax-payers should be happy with this. Well the non-AIB mortgage ones.

Who in there right mind is happy that we own the banks? If that we're the case we as tax payers should be insisting that tracker mortgages be scrapped and people put onto standard variable.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Please yourself. The fact that "you don't think the property tax will be any different" to the household charge and your one of the biggest pro charge exponents shows you how out of touch some people are with reality.

I have no objection to the property tax in principle but it should have been brought in back in early 2000. Now is simply not the time to put additional taxes onto the population when so many are struggling as it is. Another €300, €500 and €1000 in some cases will tip many over the edge.

With regards water I don't for one moment think that the majority of people believe they should be paying more for water. We already pay for it through existing taxes. This BS line that water is free is a lie. Whether there is enough money being paid is a different matter. Again in principle I've no objection paying for water over an adequate quota.

Now Bullseye1, don't you know that the water fairies give us water for free already.:D
    Mind you, a certain poster was telling porkies last night on here saying 500,000 people already pay for their water separately.
    You gotta laugh.

Some would have you believe that local authorities finance themselves and that the tax layer doesn't contribute. Of course most people see through that nonsense.

Some would have you believe that local authorities finance themselves and that the tax layer doesn't contribute. Of course most people see through that nonsense.

I don't think anyone believes LA's fund themselves now they do it in some part but they have numerous sources of revenue. They will be able to fund themselves more once the property tax and water charges are introduced though.

Sure the €100 million or so they say has been collected wouldn't cover the perks and 'allowances' enjoyed by the top brass in the LA's.
    Not that this extorted money will be given to the LA's anyway, it's all in a central pot, LA funding will be cut again in the budget, the pro taxers on here will blame the ones that won't pay and sleep happily in their 'better than thou' beds at night.

Now Bullseye1, don't you know that the water fairies give us water for free already.:D
    Mind you, a certain poster was telling porkies last night on here saying 500,000 people already pay for their water separately.
    You gotta laugh.

When they see a fall in revenue because people start usong waterbuts they will probably outlaw the collection of rain water.

You gotta laugh.

When they see a fall in revenue because people start usong waterbuts they will probably outlaw the collection of rain water.

Nah they'll just charge us every time it rains would be much better.

Nah they'll just charge us every time it rains would be much better.

Anyway Donal, I don't have any problem paying for water. It's a resource we all use and can control how much we use and therefore how much it costs us.
    I would hope though that everyone will be liable to pay for it though and not just home owners.

Interesting read indeed. And very true with regards the "insiders". He'll they hung the next generation of "insiders" out to dry already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There aren't meeting in every county.
    I posted a full list of all of their planned activities last week - they are in hibernation.

They were at the Square in Dundalk last Sat week and there was quite a steady flow of people at their stall. Very few in Dundalk have paid the HHC and will refuse the Property Tax too.

http://www.dundalkleader.com/2012/09/26/louth-facing-double-whammy-on-house-tax/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Speaking of LA's.........................

Anyone listen to Joe Duffy yesterday ( Thursday)?

Woman, who is Senior Executive Officer Transportation at Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council, on trying to defend their actions re George's Street in DL. At one stage she was challenged as to why the parking charges are so high, When asked why, she replies to pay for street lighting among other things - the very thing this HHC is for. http://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=9%3A3407807%3A53%3A04%2D10%2D2012%3A

You couldn't make this up:pac:

Auld Enda on the cover of Time Magazine, I have seen it all now, apparently he is more in touch with the public than politicians in most other countries:eek:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1005/breaking25.html

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Speaking of LA's.........................

[...]

You couldn't make this up:pac:
    What did you imagine they did with parking fees? :confused:

If they invested in glow in the dark paint to mark out the spaces they wouldnt need as much lighting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Coke and hookers?

Ghandee wrote: »
    Coke and hookers?
    The coke and hookers budget is entirely funded from planning fees.

Just as I thought !!
    I was waiting for this announcement for some time. I could see it coming.
    Not only do the forces that be want new charges like Property Tax and Water Tax, they also want everybody's wage reduced.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1005/central-bank-economic-forecast-business.html

Instead of having both Sectors divided they should be uniting to fight these people. The Central Bank are just an arm of the European Bank whose policy is greater profits and austerity.

The CAWHT aren't willing to act - they've more or less stopped operating.
    They used to be all mouth and trousers, but they're not even that anymore.

Well there is some crowd protesting about something and I suspect there will be a lot more of this in the coming year -

http://www.rte.ie/news/av/2012/1005/media-3408437.html#

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Just as I thought !!
    I was waiting for this announcement for some time. I could see it coming.
    Not only do the forces that be want new charges like Property Tax and Water Tax, they also want everybody's wage reduced.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1005/central-bank-economic-forecast-business.html

Instead of having both Sectors divided they should be uniting to fight these people. The Central Bank are just an arm of the European Bank whose policy is greater profits and austerity.

You will notice that the central bank do not mention anything about expenses should come down in that story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement