Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

dvpower wrote: »
    What did you imagine they did with parking fees? :confused:

What is the HHC for? Street lighting among other things as far I can recall - they said they would have to switch them off if the money didn't come in.

What the hell do you think they do with the parking fees?

darkhorse wrote: »
    You will notice that the central bank do not mention anything about expenses should come down in that story.

Or the salaries in the top echelons.

On another note, anyone else think gilmore is the lowest of the low? He never backed Shorthall - do what he did in industry and you lose respect overnight. To go & back reilly over one of his own is criminal imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Well there is some crowd protesting about something and I suspect there will be a lot more of this in the coming year -

http://www.rte.ie/news/av/2012/1005/media-3408437.html#

IM not surpised this happened today-people are angry-if all the rumours about the next budget come to pass expect people to get a whole lot more angrier-on 24 November there will be a national anti austerity protest march before the budget-a month and a half away-I call on all anti property tax posters to mark that date down and book the date off work or swap shifts on the date and attend the anti austerity protest march-not paying is all well and good-but if people are serious about having a real impact on taxation policies-there needs to be massive numbers on the streets equivalent to the old paye tax marches.

a
    national demonstration is being planned by all anti-austerity groups for Dublin
    on 24 November, in the run up to the budget

http://corkindependent.com/stories/item/11965/2012-40/'I-feel-totally-betrayed'

• Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Or the salaries in the top echelons.

On another note, anyone else think gilmore is the lowest of the low? He never backed Shorthall - do what he did in industry and you lose respect overnight. To go & back reilly over one of his own is criminal imho.

It all seems to be about staying in power.
    You can't look after your families, friends and cronies if your not in power.
    We had Colm Keaveney asking for unity within Labour. Just saw this on Biggins Blog regarding the bould Colm -keep-it-in-the-family Keaveney --

http://bigginsblog.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/the-cronyism-nepotism-continues-no-change-then-from-fianna-fail/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

They will do anything to prevent cuts at the top, or taxes for the rich.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

What is the HHC for? Street lighting among other things as far I can recall - they said they would have to switch them off if the money didn't come in.

Expensive lighting or what?

What the hell do you think they do with the parking fees?

Hey, L.D., have a look at this clip and tell me how many years HHC could we pay if we had this, and please watch it to the end you will be surprised what they have to say:-
    http://youtu.be/ymCXEfSw53A

Jellicoe wrote: »
    They will do anything to prevent cuts at the top, or taxes for the rich.

And THAT, for me, is the crux of the matter Jellicoe, & this is where a LEADER proves he/she is one! A leader leads BY EXAMPLE. And sadly, it's something that's not available on the Irish political scene.

For me, gilmore is the lowest form of a human - he dropped his own to cover his own arsse. While I think Labour are too strong to fragment, they ARE history come the next election. I also believe reilly is cannon fodder. Kenny & gilmore know they are in deep kak ( sh1t) with the electorate, and the budget come December will have their ratings plummet ( at best), they need a loose cannon & this is where reilly becomes the scapegoat - all purely my opinion.

It all seems to be about staying in power.
    You can't look after your families, friends and cronies if your not in power.
    We had Colm Keaveney asking for unity within Labour. Just saw this on Biggins Blog regarding the bould Colm -keep-it-in-the-family Keaveney --

http://bigginsblog.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/the-cronyism-nepotism-continues-no-change-then-from-fianna-fail/[/QUOTE]

Ghandee ( and anyone else pertaining to Kildare South )....please read this and look at the last paragraph.

Hey, L.D., have a look at this clip and tell me how many years HHC could we pay if we had this, and please watch it to the end you will be surprised what they have to say:-
    http://youtu.be/ymCXEfSw53A

WOW, gobsmacked!!

Some observations DarkHorse:
    1) Is this all because of this govt's fault? Or did FF also have a hand in selling OUR wealth?
    2) That lady speaking at 06m01sec should be our Taoiseach. She speaks much more sense than all the gobsh1tes combined in DE.
    3) If we got our hands on the money mentioned in the video ALL our problems are WIPED OUT INSTANTLY! A future for all our children, for future generations also

www.myoilandgas.org ALL THE WAY!!!

Am I the only person here, who was a pacifist up until all this sh1t hit the fan? I would NEVER have classified myself as a radical, but damn it, these morons in Kildare Street ( ALL of them, both past and present) are sure turning my views more and more radical:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

WOW, gobsmacked!!

1) Is this all because of this govt's fault? Or did FF also have a hand in selling OUR wealth?
    2) That lady speaking at 06m01sec should be our Taoiseach. She speaks much more sense than all the gobsh1tes combined in DE.
    3) If we got our hands on the money mentioned in the video ALL our problems are WIPED OUT INSTANTLY! A future for all our children, for future generations also

Am I the only person here, who was a pacifist up until all this sh1t hit the fan? I would NEVER have classified myself as a radical, but damn it, these morons in Kildare Street ( ALL of them, both past and present) are sure turning my views more and more radical:mad::mad::mad:

Its a long story. Sure read some of it for yourself.

Norway is laughing all the way to the bank | Shell to Sea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ah yes, all the oil we are swimming in. Amazed people still fall for that bull****.

WOW, gobsmacked!!

Agree 100% with everything you say, also, your last paragraph, I feel exactly the same way. They make me sick now just looking at some of them.:mad::mad::mad:

Ah yes, all the oil we are swimming in. Amazed people still fall for that bull****.

Wrong. We are not swimming in it. It's a pool that we never got invited into. As for your other sentence, disprove it.

Wrong. We are not swimming in it. It's a pool that we never got invited into. As for your other sentence, disprove it.

We have been invited to it. You can get involved it in yourself right now if you want. Nothing stopping you.

We have been invited to it. You can get involved it in yourself right now if you want. Nothing stopping you.

OK, I am going to take you up on this one. The next time I am filling up my car, I am going to a stat oil garage. When they ask me for the money, I will say that I am availing of some of my own petrol. I'll let you know how I get on, Chucky.

Its a long story. Sure read some of it for yourself.

Norway is laughing all the way to the bank | Shell to Sea

Interesting to say the least. Only sad thing ( for me ) is the author is from SF - which I could never find myself agreeing with. But He does speak a lot of truth here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

We have been invited to itt. You can get involved it in yourself right now if you want. Nothing stopping you.

I'm pretty sure there is.

Plenty.

You seem to float in and out of threads looking for reactions from folk chucky.

Never anything constructive to add though.

Just been checking part 1 of this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056484852

This was locked out on the 10k post, that mean this thread will also be locked out on 10k? Only just over 500 to go so!

Also, I note the variances in the polls between the 2 threads. BOTH have the no's in the lead, but part 2 by a far higher percentage. I don't know about anyone else, but the government's figures on those that paid - am I the only one who is sceptical about their 'accuracy'?

Interesting to say the least. Only sad thing ( for me ) is the author is from SF - which I could never find myself agreeing with. But He does speak a lot of truth here.

Just like yourself, L.D, I could never find myself agreeing with SF, or voting for them, for that matter. It's really only in the past year and a half that I started thinking to myself that, maybe the main reason the so called established parties have spent so much time bereting the SF party, is, I do strongly suspect, to a large extent, to deflect on their own ineptitude. That just my opinion.

• Advertisement

donalg1 wrote: »
    Auld Enda on the cover of Time Magazine, I have seen it all now, apparently he is more in touch with the public than politicians in most other countries:eek:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1005/breaking25.html[/QUOTE]

I would'nt even have him on the front of "The Beano".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

I see Dicey managed to get in a stroke for Phil as well, i wonder will the Minister be sending out letters to his constituents saying he was glad to be of service in this matter.

It has also been reported Dr Reilly also met Phil Hogan in relation to primary care centres, before he added a centre in the Environment Minister's constituency to the controversial list.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/reilly-taoiseach-and-tanaiste-were-aware-of-decision-on-care-centres-569646.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

bgrizzley wrote: »
    I see Dicey managed to get in a stroke for Phil as well, i wonder will the Minister be sending out letters to his constituents saying he was glad to be of service in this matter.

It has also been reported Dr Reilly also met Phil Hogan in relation to primary care centres, before he added a centre in the Environment Minister's constituency to the controversial list.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/reilly-taoiseach-and-tanaiste-were-aware-of-decision-on-care-centres-569646.html

It's FF lite, as corrupt and as up to their neck in cronyism as the last lot ever were.
    Change doesn't happen in this country no matter who we elect.
    Maybe we should concede total power to the EU and get rid of dail eireann altogether.

OK, I am going to take you up on this one. The next time I am filling up my car, I am going to a stat oil garage. When they ask me for the money, I will say that I am availing of some of my own petrol. I'll let you know how I get on, Chucky.

Eh, that would be theft. That isn't your own petrol.
    Ghandee wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there is.

Plenty.

You seem to float in and out of threads looking for reactions from folk chucky.

Never anything constructive to add though.

Should I just do what you do and constantly post in threads while adding nothing constructive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

ncdadam wrote: »
    It's FF lite, as corrupt and as up to their neck in cronyism as the last lot ever were.
    Change doesn't happen in this country no matter who we elect.
    Maybe we should concede total power to the EU and get rid of dail eireann altogether.

Well the last election was completely pointless it was basically just getting rid of FF and replacing them with whoever. Anyone that we put into power would have done the same as this lot, fact is we are controlled by the lads in Europe, we fought for years to gain independence from Britian and less than 100 years later we lost it to Europe.

And all because we had an incompetent bunch of eejits running the country (Bertie and then Brian) who were in office to win the next election and to live like kings until it all blew up in their face and then disappear off to a comfortable retirement and leave everyone else to pick up the tab. We lost our independence over the last 15 years or so, and the final nail was the two idiot Brians bending over for the banks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Should I just do what you do and constantly post in threads while adding nothing constructive?

I know one thread you'll not be posting in again.

Trolling bit your arse on that one. ;)

Ghandee wrote: »
    I know one thread you'll not be posting in again.

Trolling bit your arse on that one. ;)

Another fine contribution. At least this one actually contains some accurate information. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

donalg1 wrote: »
    Well the last election was completely pointless it was basically just getting rid of FF and replacing them with whoever. Anyone that we put into power would have done the same as this lot, fact is we are controlled by the lads in Europe, we fought for years to gain independence from Britian and less than 100 years later we lost it to Europe.

And all because we had an incompetent bunch of eejits running the country (Bertie and then Brian) who were in office to win the next election and to live like kings until it all blew up in their face and then disappear off to a comfortable retirement and leave everyone else to pick up the tab. We lost our independence over the last 15 years or so, and the final nail was the two idiot Brians bending over for the banks.

This is true, but we're still paying them massive money to 'run' the country when really all they are is glorified pen pushers for merkel and co.
    Enda Kenny on the front of Time magazine over the headline 'the celtic comeback', what the fcuk is that about?

Eh, that would be theft. That isn't your own petrol.

Yer right, its isn't ours, DOH.:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

We have been invited to it. Nothing stopping you.

I'm sorry, I was away for a couple of hours. So, somebody invited us to get into the oil pool? Would you just send us out some details on how to go about getting my share, thanks.:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement