Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

darkhorse wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I was away for a couple of hours. So, somebody invited us to get into the oil pool? Would you just send us out some details on how to go about getting my share, thanks.:rolleyes:

You can apply for a license to dig for oil or alternatively you can invest in some shares in Providence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I'm sorry, I was away for a couple of hours. So, somebody invited us to get into the oil pool? Would you just send us out some details on how to go about getting my share, thanks.:rolleyes:

You can apply for a license to dig for oil or alternatively you can invest in some shares in Providence.

Is that what the people of norway had to do?

Hijpo wrote: »

At first yes it was. Also, we aren't Norway just so you know.

At first yes it was. Also, we aren't Norway just so you know.

Well now theres one for the books, we arnt norway, good job there was a smart arse on hand with a smart answer to a genuine question asked in a genuine way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

dvpower wrote: »
    The coke and hookers budget is entirely funded from planning fees.

That must be why they've decided to f*ck over house owners so. The planning fees have dried to a trickle, just like stamp duty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I see others are finding the Enda Kenny, Time Magazine story a bit far-fetched too --

http://www.forbes.com/sites/karlwhelan/2012/10/07/the-celtic-comeback-dont-believe-the-hype/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

I see others are finding the Enda Kenny, Time Magazine story a bit far-fetched too --

http://www.forbes.com/sites/karlwhelan/2012/10/07/the-celtic-comeback-dont-believe-the-hype/[/QUOTE]

And if EK had any balls, he would do well to heed the last paragraph in this article!!

Thanks for sharing TL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Just watched the footage of todays protests by the farming community-according to the guy in the video they got up to 15.000 out on the streets which is very good for a tuesday-was listening to come callers on Joe Duffy some were giving out about todays protest complaining about the streets being blocked up-which means the farming community are having an impact at least.

IF 15.000 can block up some streets on a tuesday afternoon-imagine what hundreds of thousands of us can do if most of us take to the streets on a saturday on the 24th of November for a national anti austerity march-for people Interested in taking to the streets at the end of next month if you re living outside dublin-Id suggest you contact your local anti household taxes campaign group and book a seat on some of the buses they will be running to dublin-a seat will be no more then
    €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Am Chile wrote: »
    for people Interested in taking to the streets at the end of next month-Id suggest you pay your dues-the HHC will be no more then
    €100.

FYP :pac: :pac: :pac:

A recent IMF report on Ireland has admitted Austerity measures aren,t working.

The IMF has admitted it completely underestimated the effects of
    austerity on the Irish economy and believed the tax increases and spending cuts
    would not have cost so many jobs.

The
    revelation comes in three pages of academic analysis tucked away in the body’s
    annual report being released in Tokyo today where the IMF and the World Bank are
    holding their annual congress.

The report says the IMF
    believed that for every €100 of austerity through higher taxes and spending
    cuts, the effect on economic growth and unemployment would be the equivalent of
    €50.

But in reality the
    effect has been between double and three times that — stripping the economy of
    €90 to €150 for every €100 taken out in budgets agreed with the troika.

Tom McDonnell of the
    independent think-tank Tasc said the report called into question the
    Government’s budgetary strategy.

"It suggests recent budgets
    have actually been more damaging to the Irish economy than the Government was
    estimating. It would also help explain why growth has been lower over the last
    few years than the Government had expected — and why the vaunted ‘return to
    growth’ has failed to substantively materialise.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/imf-we-got-effect-of-austerity-wrong-210285.html

• Advertisement

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/imf-we-got-effect-of-austerity-wrong-210285.html

And they needed a report to tell them that. Stupid cnuts. Sure aren't we all telling them that to cut wages and rise taxes you will prevent people spending (as they have not got it to spend) and strangle the economy which will lead to more job losses and mortgage defaults.
    We need a write down of (our)/their debts.

And they needed a report to tell them that. Stupid cnuts. Sure aren't we all telling them that to cut wages and rise taxes you will prevent people spending (as they have not got it to spend) and strangle the economy which will lead to more job losses and mortgage defaults.
    We need a write down of (our)/their debts.

Exactly when people don,t have money/disposable income to spend it makes things worse not better-on page four of the sunday business post this past weekend-an article said a survey done by retail excellence Ireland 95% of retailers feared the Introduction of a property tax next year would have a negative Impact on consumer demand-Pearse Doherty had the following to say about this survey.

Sinn
    Féin Finance spokesperson Pearse Doherty said that the introduction of a
    property tax in 2013 will “depress consumer demand and cost jobs.”
    The
    Donegal South West TD was responding to a Retail Excellence Ireland survey which
    found that 95% of retailers believed that the introduction of a property tax
    would have a negative impact on their business.

Deputy
    Doherty said:
    “Sinn Féin has long argued against the introduction of a
    property tax for all home owners. While we do not yet know what the average cost
    of the tax will be we know it will hit the disposable income of hundreds of
    thousands of home owners. This will further depress consumer demand and cost
    jobs. A property tax is bad for low and middle income households, bad for
    retailers and bad for the domestic economy.

“The
    Government would be better introducing a wealth tax on net assets in excess of
    €1million. This would raise up to €800,000 annually without the negative impact
    on families, businesses or the domestic economy.

http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/24669

What does FYP:pac::pac::pac: mean?

Le_Dieux wrote: »

What does FYP:pac::pac::pac: mean?

He thinks hes being clever by editing quotes and saying he "fixed your post"
    makes a change from sitting in the back ground clicking "thanks" on all the pro tax fan boys posts i suppose, now if only he had more to bring to the table

He thinks hes being clever by editing quotes and saying he "fixed your post"
    makes a change from sitting in the back ground clicking "thanks" on all the pro tax fan boys posts i suppose, now if only he had more to bring to the table

Thanks Hijpo. But this clown corrupted that post. What was he/she trying to prove by putting an extra zero on the fare price?

For me, this should be highlighted so people who do these things don't get away with this.:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Isn't it really amazing that the IMF took this long to cop on to what we, the ordinary people knew for the past few years. As I said before a few times
    FCUKING GREED.:mad::mad::mad:

Isn't it really amazing that the IMF took this long to cop on to what we, the ordinary people knew for the past few years. As I said before a few times
    FCUKING GREED.:mad::mad::mad:

AND, what are they going to do to remedy their actions?

Get the clowns in DE to carry on...sale old same old???

Came across the following today:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/taoiseach-enda-kenny-defends-massive-hse-budget-overrun-3255932.html

Maybe me assumptions are wrong here,and if so then apologies, but I am assuming the pro Folk are in the main, FG/Lab supporters?

My question: How can You back these bunch of people who have no idea on how to run the country? They are destroying it...D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-I-N-G!:o

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Came across the following today:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/taoiseach-enda-kenny-defends-massive-hse-budget-overrun-3255932.html

Maybe me assumptions are wrong here,and if so then apologies, but I am assuming the pro Folk are in the main, FG/Lab supporters?

My question: How can You back these bunch of people who have no idea on how to run the country? They are destroying it...D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-I-N-G!:o

Also.----

Kenny says AIB mortgage hike necessary to avoid further taxpayer ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Sorry for the quietness lately folks.

Just became a daddy again, beautiful baby girl born yesterday, Mam and baby both doing fine.

I'll be taking a back seat for a wee while.

Don't register don't pay!

Ghandee!

Edit, i see ncdadam got banned?

What's that all about :confused:

Great to read.

Why?

Ghandee wrote: »
    Sorry for the quietness lately folks.

Just became a daddy again, beautiful baby girl born yesterday, Mam and baby both doing fine.

I'll be taking a back seat for a wee while.

Don't register don't pay!

Ghandee!

Congrats, G.

Edit, i see ncdadam got banned?

What's that all about :confused:

Where did you see that?

Congrats to you and your missus by the way. Well done.

Why?

I don't think the tax-payers propping up a failing bank is a good idea.

Where did you see that?

Congrats to you and your missus by the way. Well done.

Thanks Tayto!

Speedy delivery, all went well though.

Ref nc, 'banned' its displayed under his name now

I don't think the tax-payers propping up a failing bank is a good idea.

Yeah, yer right again. Better to allow the bank make it very difficult for 70,000 of us by rising interests rates.:(

• Advertisement

Yeah, yer right again. Better to allow the bank make it very difficult for 70,000 of us by rising interests rates.:(

Exactly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement