Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Ghandee wrote: »
    Thanks Tayto!

Speedy delivery, all went well though.

Ref nc, 'banned' its displayed under his name now

He was'nt banned from this thread, was he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

darkhorse wrote: »

When 'banned'appears from under your username, it means site banned afaik?

So, banned from thread, site, everything!

Exactly.

You are just all heart, Chucky. Ya saved me a christmas card, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

anyone got the demand/warning letters yet? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Fianna Fail after seeing the huge opposition to the household tax this year sensing even more opposition to a value based property tax plus knowing local elections are less then two years away, have now jumped on the bandwagon opposing next years property tax-I think most people will be Intelligent enough to see through these chancers-The Ula, Sinn Fein and some Independents have being consistent with their opposition to a property tax.

Fianna
    Fáil has begun a campaign against the introduction of a property tax, claiming
    it is the wrong time to do so

The
    party's councillors on Dublin City Council will propose a motion opposing the
    tax next week, while a website is also being set up.

Party
    leader Micheál Martin acknowledged that a property tax was part of the agreement
    with the Troika.

However,
    he said the economy had not developed in the way expected at that time.

Mr Martin claimed there was "huge fear and anxiety about this tax", adding that the information vacuum about it was in itself damaging.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1010/fianna-fail-property-tax.html

• Advertisement

I haven,t received a single letter to date as of yet-nor has anyone I know friends/relatives received a single letter either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Sorry for the quietness lately folks.

Just became a daddy again, beautiful baby girl born yesterday, Mam and baby both doing fine.

I'll be taking a back seat for a wee while.

Don't register don't pay!

Ghandee!

:pac:Congratz Ghandee, Long Life and Happiness to her!!
    pass our best on to the Mrs!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Am Chile wrote: »
    Fianna Fail after seeing the huge opposition to the household tax this year sensing even more opposition to a value based property tax plus knowing local elections are less then two years away, have now jumped on the bandwagon opposing next years property tax-I think most people will be Intelligent enough to see through these chancers-The Ula, Sinn Fein and some Independents have being consistent with their opposition to a property tax.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1010/fianna-fail-property-tax.html

unfortunately ze blueshirts dont give a sh1t about the Left.
    however, they do give a sh1t about their gombeen nemesis FF, and they do know votes can be bought with promises (or lies as we call em;)).
    they have two choices now, roll back on the property tax and make themselves look magnanimous or batten down the hatches and hemorrhage votes.

either way this failed tax has seen its seen its day :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Nope...not the 1st, nor the 2nd, or the 3rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Congratulations Ghandee, to Yourself, the Mrs, & the 'Lil one'. May You have a long happy property tax free life together:pac:

Anyone know why NC was banned?

I wouldn't be going too hard on FF here. What else can they do? They KNOW they totally fcuked up and paid the consequences at the last election. What bothers me, is that this bunch are WORSE, if that is possible, and haven't learnt from FF's mistakes - which is taking joe public for a gobsh1te.

What worries me more, is what is the alternative?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Congratulations Ghandee, to Yourself, the Mrs, & the 'Lil one'. May You have a long happy property tax free life together:pac:

Anyone know why NC was banned?

I wouldn't be going too hard on FF here. What else can they do? They KNOW they totally fcuked up and paid the consequences at the last election. What bothers me, is that this bunch are WORSE, if that is possible, and haven't learnt from FF's mistakes - which is taking joe public for a gobsh1te.

What worries me more, is what is the alternative?

My guess would be constant baiting and trolling, based on his posts here.

On another note congrats Ghandee.

I too was thinking about an alternative to the current Govt, but cant for the life of me think of one, do we put FF back in, leave FG in or what do we do.

Labour should be taking FG to task far more than they are and should be speaking out about their stupid policies and decisions, at least that way they would have a chance at the next election but now they are going the same way as the greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Hijpo

donalg1 wrote: »
    My guess would be constant baiting and trolling, based on his posts here.

On another note congrats Ghandee.

I too was thinking about an alternative to the current Govt, but cant for the life of me think of one, do we put FF back in, leave FG in or what do we do.

Labour should be taking FG to task far more than they are and should be speaking out about their stupid policies and decisions, at least that way they would have a chance at the next election but now they are going the same way as the greens.

Of the four main parties in the Dail, the only ones that havent had a go is Sinn Fein.

Hijpo wrote: »
    Of the four main parties in the Dail, the only ones that havent had a go is Sinn Fein.

And I have my fingers crossed and everything else crossed for that matter that they wont ever get a go.

And I have my fingers crossed and everything else crossed for that matter that they wont ever get a go.

Fianna Failed it is then

Fianna Failed it is then

Id rather leave the current lot in there than put FF back in, they steered us into this mess in the first place, at least FG/LAB were elected when we were in the sh1t and when we were being ruled by Europe anyway.

FF would manage to get us deeper and deeper in trouble if thats possible, im sure they would find a way though.

Id rather leave the current lot in there than put FF back in, they steered us into this mess in the first place, at least FG/LAB were elected when we were in the sh1t and when we were being ruled by Europe anyway.

FF would manage to get us deeper and deeper in trouble if thats possible, im sure they would find a way though.

If we are being ruled by europe and the government has no power to make there own mind up then there is no productive reason to have 160 TD's on big money, nor is there a need for any of the advisors or seanad as europe are doing that job already.

Its already been shown how the current government are only looking out for themelfs and there own constituency. Rielly with his clinic and Hogan and his city status.
    kenny comes out and says the customers of AIB will have to pay increased interest rates aswell as higher taxes because on one hand he wants the bank to be profitable and on the other he wants them to pay for non existant services. I wonder if he or how many of the civil servants and Dail members have money tied up in AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

I love when the banks raise rates the governemnt come out with the we can't intervene in a comercial intentity as this would be interfering with the banks. But on the other hand they can pump billions into them to keep them going. Is this not government intervening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Increments at the TOP of the Public Sector but cuts at the BOTTOM.
    Looking after the big boys again are FG it seems -

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/howlin-freezing-pay-rises-for-big-earners-would-not-make-substantial-savings-570081.html

How very magnanimous of you.

Id rather leave the current lot in.

This was kinda ovious from the majority of your posts.

• Advertisement

Increments at the TOP of the Public Sector but cuts at the BOTTOM.
    Looking after the big boys again are FG it seems -

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/howlin-freezing-pay-rises-for-big-earners-would-not-make-substantial-savings-570081.html[/QUOTE]

They probably have another tax thought up already to compensate.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I can see Labour being dumped forever and confined to the part of history nobody wants to speak about or be reminded about.
    That would leave Sinn Fein as the only viable partner for one of the bigger parties who won't have an overall majority. So I wouldn't rule it out by any means. Could actually happen in the very near future.

This was kinda ovious from the majority of your posts.

Really and what posts would they be then?

And who is it you would rather put in?

]

Don,t be surprised if Fianna Fail get voted back into power in at the next general election-if it comes down to pledging to abolish property taxes to get back into power-or doing nothing about it and staying in opposition-I think they will very well choose the first option, remember it was Fianna Fail that abolished domestic rates and the residential property tax in 1997-Fianna Fail will bringing forward a motion at dublin city council next month against the Introduction of a value based property tax-I suspect other Fianna Fail councilers on other councils in other areas will follow suit, but it won,t be just Fianna Fail councilers putting forward such motions at local councils-expect Sinn Fein councilers to do likewise-Id say to anti property tax posters if you get wind of a motion against next years property tax being put down at your local council go down and picket the place with numbers and go inside the gallery during the motion debate-FG/Lab councillers will feel uncomfortable with big numbers watching them -especially if they vote against any motion opposing a value based property tax.

http://www.wrongtaxwrongtime.ie/#!home/mainPage

I am not even going to grace your first question with an answer.

If you read my posts, you will already know that I have started voting for SF in the last GE, as I have stated on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

We're run by Europe? Do people really believe that BS? If only it were true.

we were being ruled by Europe anyway.

Also just to make another point on that quote.

if we are being ruled by europe and government cant say no or make there own decisions then a house valued at €200,000 will cost you €1000 a year going by the IMF's recomendations of a property tax set at 0.5%

I am not even going to grace your first question with an answer.

If you read my posts, you will already know that I have started voting for SF in the last GE, as I have stated on this thread.

You mean you can't grace it with an answer because you don't have one? Probably cause you made it up but carry on.

When 'banned'appears from under your username, it means site banned afaik?

So, banned from thread, site, everything!

Apparently ncdadam was Gerry777 he reregged as ncdadam and this was after he had reregged as kr7 but was caught and banned for this so regged as ncdadam.

So it went Gerry, to kr to ncd.

Was wondering why he wanted to attack every one of my posts so badly now I know.

• Advertisement

we were being ruled by Europe anyway.

Also just to make another point on that quote.

if we are being ruled by europe and government cant say no or make there own decisions then a house valued at €200,000 will cost you €1000 a year going by the IMF's recomendations of a property tax set at 0.5%

Could very well be the case Europe wanted a property tax so now we are getting one. And if they want to set the rate they probably will hopefully the govt will have some say in the limit but I won't be surprised if they don't.

Although if Europe say 0.5% and the govt introduce it at 0.25% they will no doubt lawd it about as a victory.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement