Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

jluv wrote: »
    My point was..
    Origanally it was going to MY local authority.
    It is going to your local authority, and all other local authorities.
    And not one person can give me a plan for the money outside of "It's for local services"

If I said to my company "sure give me money,it's for the good of the company",I think they would ask to see a plan.
    It's going to fund local authorities.I don't want to know what they have been doing all along. I want to know changes they are making and how this money is going to help.
    Have you looked at your local authority budget for the year? That's the plan.

As things get worse I can see even more protests and an unwillingness to take the brunt of the austerity as you have roughly a third of the population carrying the can for the other two-thirds.
    Which one third of the population is carrying the can (quick guess - its the third you're in , right?)

gerryo777 wrote: »
    DV would happily pay an education tax too.
    I already pay an education tax, as do you. But maybe you'd prefer not to pay and let the magic fairies pay for the education service.

In the last election campaign, we knew the general ratio between tax hikes and spending cuts that both government parties were touting. The people have spoken and decided on some additional tax hikes.

It looks like you were on the loosing side - maybe next time out you can convince the electorate of your plan to run the country on even less money that we are currently bringing in. You might have some success - there are plenty of economic illiterates out there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

dvpower wrote: »

In the last election campaign.....yada yada......The people have spoken and decided on some additional tax hikes.

The people said burn the bondholders - how's that democratic decision going?

"The people have spoken" :eek:

ffs - if you are going to spout mindless cliches at least pick a few grounded in reality. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Phil Hogan stated on Frontline that this money would not be going to your LA but would go into the same pot as motor tax and be distributed as seen fit.His words not mine.And you are correct.I did not review it's annual reports any other year. Perhaps I should have and queried why I have not recieved the services that I paid a hefty fee for when I built my house.I am asking questions now though as it appears there is no money left now to provide me with these services which I have paid for. He's not happy to pay for services he's not satisfied with.Neither am I.
    You are happy with your services.You paid.Simple...

Ha ha. Exposed at last Alastair.:D

• Advertisement

1.8m? That's not the figure for liable homes.

According to one side.

hondasam wrote: »
    Lower what salaries, top, middle or bottom, we all know they will hit the bottom which will result in strikes, make no mistake about that.
    Who will the jobs then? Do you expect everyone to just take on more and more work?

No Sam. I expect the amount paid out in salary not to exceed the employer's income (i.e. the State or you and I).

What allowances exactly? is this for correcting exam papers? There is lots of places where savings can be made, ministers pay and allowances is where I would start, do we really need all the ministers/County councillors we have?

Agreed. But how do we reach a savings total of €400m (or even HALF that) weekly?:confused:

Phil Hogan stated on Frontline that this money would not be going to your LA
    :eek:

In their own defence I guess DV, Francie et Al can claim that it's obvious you can't believe a word that comes from Phil's Big Mouth :cool:

alastair wrote: »
    There's all that - and the fact that you're helping undermine local authority services for no good reason whatsoever.

FFS - are you still propagating this nonsense? The only ones undermining are the Government and their delusional proponents.

• Advertisement

I have to say that my local authority does nothing for me and never will, Fact. Why should I pay for services I will not use, people in unfinished estates and LA housing can avail of all these things for no thing.
    My argument will always be the same, everyone pays of no one pays but I'm not paying for people who contribute nothing to the system.

The core issue Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Freddie59 wrote: »

Not really - care to provide a link to this supposed appearance/gaff by Phil Hogan on Frontline? Because it didn't happen.

According to one side.

No - according to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

I already pay an education tax, as do you. But maybe you'd prefer not to pay and let the magic fairies pay for the education service.

In the last election campaign, we knew the general ratio between tax hikes and spending cuts that both government parties were touting. The people have spoken and decided on some additional tax hikes.

It looks like you were on the loosing side - maybe next time out you can convince the electorate of your plan to run the country on even less money that we are currently bringing in. You might have some success - there are plenty of economic illiterates out there.

And plenty of fools on here who would gladly give all their money to a government that will squander it......But hey, you work away.....

No - according to everyone.

Interesting.

And tell me Al, when did you recall first having these hallucinations.....was it after some, perhaps, traumatic childhood experience?

Like, maybe when Gerry Adams won that seat in Louth?

Wild Bill wrote: »
    The people said burn the bondholders - how's that democratic decision going?
    They didn't follow through and vote for SF and the ULA, but did vote for parties who were committed to the bailout deal and could only hope to negotiate a better deal on debt repayments, which they did (and continue to do) with limited success.
    Anyone who voted for FG or LAB in the last election in the expectation that senior bondholders were not going to be repaid is an idiot.

Wild Bill wrote: »
    ffs - if you are going to spout mindless cliches at least pick a few grounded in reality. :rolleyes:
    Let me consider for a second should I take lessons on reality from Wild Bill :pac:.

No. I'll pass on that thanks.

According to one side.
    How do you come to the 1.8m figure for liable homes ?

Doesn't take much to expose alastair. Scratch the surface and you'll find very little of substance there.

And plenty of fools on here who would gladly give all their money to a government that will squander it......But hey, you work away.....
    And some (who paid on time), will pay less than others (tax evaders), who will pay interest and penalties.

How do you come to the 1.8m figure for liable homes ?

Maybe he got it in a different edition of the Indo. Sure there always right on with the facts.

• Advertisement

Maybe he got it in a different edition of the Indo. Sure there always right on with the facts.
    Maybe he pulled it out of his arse. Its where most of his posts come from.

And some (who paid on time), will pay less than others (tax evaders), who will pay interest and penalties.

Ah, magic fairies, economic illiterates, tax evaders, pulling things out of your arse.......
    More and more insults, you're like some school bully in the playground that everyone thinks is a dick.
    Are you related to phil by any chance??

Doesn't take much to expose alastair. Scratch the surface and you'll find very little of substance there.

I'm still waiting for the link to the Frontline piece - or are you simply mouthing off?

More and more insults, you're like some school bully in the playground that everyone thinks is a dick.
    You can't even remain consistent for the duration of a single sentence.;)

You can't even remain consistent for the duration of a single sentence.;)

You highlighted that last bit, I stated that you are like some school bully etc etc.

See, once again, seeing what you want to see in a post.

Now that's consistent!

I'm still waiting for the link to the Frontline piece - or are you simply mouthing off?

Have you got a laptop each, you and dv.
    Are ya's keeping each other warm in bed.
    The two of you only seem to come on here together, like some sort of tag team:eek:

You highlighted that last bit, I stated that you are like some school bully etc etc.
    Yes, I was aware that you were being metaphorical.
    Its baby steps around here today.

Are ya's keeping each other warm in bed.
    The two of you only seem to come on here together, like some sort of tag team:eek:

Still waiting...

Still waiting...

What for?
    I didn't bring anything up about the frontline program..

• Advertisement

I had a look - its not there.
    Did you see it yourself gerry? (maybe it was a wet dream)

Phil Hogan stated on Frontline that this money would not be going to your LA but would go into the same pot as motor tax and be distributed as seen fit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement