Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Don't be bullied Sam.

:D
    dvpower wrote: »
    And while you're at it Sam, hand over your lunch money.
    :eek:

I'm a PS worker I cannot afford a lunch.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

They won't be chasing people for €10. If they get people to pay the €100 they will be happy enough.

The people who have being paying by direct debit over four payments haven't paid in full yet. How could they justify fining people before those people have fully paid. Don't fall for the scare mongering. A time extension will be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There is nothing in the Household Charge legislation that allows for automatic attachment orders, but, as I understand it, anyone prosecuted for non registration can be fined and have an attachment order made against them, for the payment of that fine, by a court, under the Fines Act 2010 (linky)

More scaremongering only.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Ghandee wrote: »
    Is it?

true figure was 1.8 million.

Needs to be over the 800,000 mark Ali.

The official figure is 1.65 million

paddy147 wrote: »
    1.6 million or 1.8 million...sure even big Phil himself doesnt really know.He knows sweet fcuk all then.

200,000 homes have gone missing. LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

They can and do do it in the Revenue. Do you doubt this?

The new system will allow for it to be used much more efficiently and open it up to be used on a much more widespread basis (as envisaged by the changes to the Fines Act), but this happens now, every day.

No I don't doubt it but was not aware they could take fines from your wages.
    why the need for new legislation if it's in place all ready :confused:

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    They won't be chasing people for €10. If they get people to pay the €100 they will be happy enough.

The people who have being paying by direct debit over four payments haven't paid in full yet. How could they justify fining people before those people have fully paid. Don't fall for the scare mongering. A time extension will be announced.

As is usual - incomplete payments will be returned as, eh, incomplete - from midnight the tenner is added on (not an optional extra).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Roverek

Don't pay any attention to that post (no.9) as it's obviously created to suit an agenda and nothing to do with the thread.
    You want hide away truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

alastair wrote: »

Is that the total number or the total number less the ones that aren't liable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

The website is the buisiest tonight it has ever been, there are huge numbers registering for the charge. Before midnight you're looking at almost 800,000 at this rate.

And there will be no extension period. Come midnight it's a fine for late pay, simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

The offical figure from a lying, cheating, u-turning Govt?

Is that the total number or the total number less the ones that aren't liable?

That includes exempt and waiver households.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Bullseye1 wrote: »

It might be, but it would hardly be justified. There isn't a very good reason for someone who had intended to pay but couldn't be arsed doing it on time!

There is I suppose an unknown number who probably didn't feel to strong one way or the other about this charge and were going to pay but were waiting to see how things panned out. They might take the chance to save a couple of quid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

And there will be no extension period. Come midnight it's a fine for late pay, simple as.

And then Im a law breaker/criminal too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

The website is the buisiest tonight it has ever been, there are huge numbers registering for the charge. Before midnight you're looking at almost 800,000 at this rate.

i would say that there will be at least 1 million by the end of next week with delayed post and late payers.

As is usual - incomplete payments will be returned as, eh, incomplete - from midnight the tenner is added on (not an optional extra).

So your owed €110 and someone posts you €100 you return the cheque. Are you sure your working the private sector? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭emo72

how do you know how busy the website is? are you working in there?

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Will clear the 50% by tonight, and given that there will be loads of postal payments delivered on monday, I'd imagine the initial payers will be around 60%.

With this and the low turnout for the protest(arpx 5,000), it would appear that a majority(even grudgingly) have agreed to pay.

You know more than Phil Hogan then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

paddy147 wrote: »
    And then Im a law breaker/criminal too.

Paddy, I hope they throw away the key.....:D

MagicSean wrote: »
    i would say that there will be at least 1 million by the end of next week with delayed post and late payers.

I would say that Ireland will invade Germany by the end of the week.

Doesnt mean sh1t though, sorry to be blunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

hmmmm, that's going to work well. I pay €100 in 6 months time, and the government are faced with spending more than a tenner chasing up my tenner. That's a good system, eh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Source?
    You know the source. Those lying, cheating, etc etc.

(You should get a hillbilly to write a song for you. :pac:)

There will be alot of people bidding their time to see how many paid. Don't forget alot of people got burned on the water charge. And they never got a refund.
    lugha wrote: »
    It might be, but it would hardly be justified. There isn't a very good reason for someone who had intended to pay but couldn't be arsed doing it on time!

There is I suppose an unknown number who probably didn't feel to strong one way or the other about this charge and were going to pay but were waiting to see how things panned out. They might take the chance to save a couple of quid.

The offical figure from a lying, cheating, u-turning Govt?

Whatever - we've passed the magic million mark. Time to let go of the CAPITALISATION.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

That includes exempt and waiver households.

In that case, compliance rates for those who are liable look like it's over 55%!

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Paddy, I hope they throw away the key.....:D

Maximum Security or Walk in Walk out?:;)

3 free meals a day,free studies/education and a degree too.

Sweet.

Wonder how much that will cost me???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Source?

Buddy of mine works there, decided to ask how it's going and that's what I got back.

I'm a CSO head so I'm clean :p

• Advertisement

steve9859 wrote: »
    hmmmm, that's going to work well. I pay €100 in 6 months time, and the government are faced with spending more than a tenner chasing up my tenner. That's a good system, eh.....

You could always just pay what you owe?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement