Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Freddie59 wrote: »
    1. You evaded tax in the UK on the premise that you didn't agree with it. And lecture others on here for doing similar.

2. You have consistently stated across this thread that the "household charge" is a tax.

1. Yes I did - I told you about it - remember? I also pointed out that the poll tax was nothing like the household charge. Any confusion beyond this is your concern, not mine.

2. It is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

alastair wrote: »
    Or your inability to distinguish tax compliance from tax evasion?
    You seem more experienced in tax evasion than me.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    You seem more experienced in tax evasion than me.

Not really - I'm 100% tax compliant - which you certainly are not.

Abandoning your kids to the internet again today then?

Your making one massive assumtion there genius alastair. And you evaded your taxes before.

What the hell is it your on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Phil hogan:

Calm down and feed the children.

Your making one massive assumtion there genius alastair. And you evaded your taxes before.

Well I'm delighted you decided to come to your senses and pay your household charge - but maybe a tad hypocritical to be suggesting other's don't?

Well I'm delighted you decided to come to your senses and pay your household charge - but maybe a tad hypocritical to be suggesting other's don't?

I think you should read through the old thread again. Dont be all ears though, try using your eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

isnt the main offence failing to register? if we had registered and failed to pay then we would be tax evaders.

bgrizzley wrote: »
    isnt the main offence failing to register? if we had registered and failed to pay then we would be tax evaders.

He will be gone a while now. He`s searching.

• Advertisement

bgrizzley wrote: »

Saddo Stalker Robbie is only prepared to admit that he's been running with the hare and hunting with the hounds now - he registered and paid - despite egging on the defaulters - talk about a hypocrite! He's left you lot carrying the can for his keyboard warrior antics.

His opposition to the tax is about as genuine as his day out with the missus and kids.

Saddo Stalker Robbie is only prepared to admit that he's been running with the hare and hunting with the hounds now - he registered and paid - despite egging on the defaulters - talk about a hypocrite! He's left you lot carrying the can for his keyboard warrior antics.

Getting irritated are we:D:D

Again, your talking absolute bollox. You are now resorting to lying.

Alastair - Alias rat

Getting irritated are we:D:D

Again, your talking absolute bollox. You are now resorting to lying.

Alastair - Alias rat

Heh heh - You were saying about getting caught out. Genuinely in this case. Your weasel words are your undoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,962 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

theTinker wrote: »
    I havent and wont be paying until a court tries to force me. Ill resist as long as possible, weighing the balance of the consequences and gains as it goes.

I'm actually entitled to a waiver, but i refused to register as I believe it is a very unfair, and terrifying tax to introduce. I dislike, although agree, with raising taxes when needs be, but to introduce it on my home.
    A home which i worked hard for, payed for, and forked over plenty of taxes through its purchase. Its plain wrong.

The obvious reasoning behind this is that irish people have a strong affinity for thier homes. It's very culturally ingrained in alot of people, from all generations, that owning a home is a privledge and a mark of success. Our parents were always very proud to own a home, comes from the poor background of most irish parents. So people have bought homes for thier security of living standards.
    The goverment knows you cant ditch your home, so its coming right after something you've no choice to keep.
    I saved my money. I chose not to spend it frivilously while my friends and peers did. I never drove a nice car or bought anything flashy. I spent years working towards my buying my own 4 walls. So It is entirely unfair and demeaning to make me pay for the countries woes any more than my peers that spent thier earnings on short lived pleasures.

I feel it is far too invasive. I feel like its a demand thats walked right into my home. My place of sanctuary and personal space and tainted it. It's potential of growth is HUGE, this is why its only 100euro now, just to get the names and accounts set up. Now its going to turn into a bigger tax in 9 months..

There's two new words terrifying and invasive. Oh and demeaning. You're another one who seems to think there should be some type of Lifetime Achievement award for managing to buy your own house. An achievement almost unique to yourself except for a few million others over the years and which you managed with no help from anyone except maybe a few tens of thousands in mortgage relief.

It's not up to you to set out the conditions under which you will obey a new law or any law, it applies to you the same as me.

Heh heh - You were saying about getting caught out. Genuinely in this case. Your weasel words are your undoing.

But little alastair, you are making stuff up. You know it yourself. You have blindly invented what you said in the last posts. You tried this before with your spell checking, only to make such a fool of yourself, that you had to leave the thread for over a day. But you posted on another one. Even more foolish, showing your avoidance.

Now, show me where i registerd? Or said i did, and its not something you invented just now?

I know you went off searching my history in this thread just now, which i sent you on for a laugh, nothing more. Your obviously annoyed, i understand that.

But little alastair, you are making stuff up. You know it yourself. You have blindly invented what you said in the last posts. You tried this before with your spell checking, only to make such a fool of yourself, that you had to leave the thread for over a day. But you posted on another one. Even more foolish, showing your avoidance.

Now, show me where i registerd? Or said i did, and its not something you invented just now?

I know you went off searching my history in this thread just now, which i sent you on for a laugh, nothing more. Your obviously annoyed, i understand that.

I'm not annoyed - I'm glad you came to your senses and paid up. I'd be a bit pissed at you if I thought you were opposed to the charge and supporting me in not registering - but thankfully I'm not in that position.

So - you're 100% tax compliant - we're in the same boat. So you can toddle off with the wife and kids now like you said you going to.

:p

I'm not annoyed - I'm glad you came to your senses and paid up. I'd be a bit pissed at you if I thought you were opposed to the charge and supporting me in not registering - but thankfully I'm not in that position.

So - you're 100% tax compliant - we're in the same boat. So you can toddle off with the wife and kids now like you said you going to.

Yes, your in a world of confusion there alastair. I never said i was going anywhere with the kids. Well done, again:pac::pac:

Perhaps into a room on your own to sort that stalker, and re divert some of the oxygen back to your brain.
    gerryo777 wrote: »
    Caught solid.

Just like your poll tax evasion in the UK you've been shown up for what you are.

Regarding not having a very full life, I check into this forum now and again to see how it's going, nothing wrong with that.

On the other hand being on it for 18 hours every day evading questions like you evade your taxes would suggest it's you who hasn't got a very full life!

See ya, I'm off with the wife and kids for a day out. Now that's a full life.

Yes, your in a world of confusion there alastair. I never said i was going anywhere with the kids. Well done, again:pac::pac:.

Ahh - you're correct - I'm mistaken - you're the one who admitted to being 100% tax compliant - after applying weasel words to imply that you were actually opposed to the tax. And you're the one that resorts to stalking in order to dig up red herring posts!

I remember you now - you registered and paid, and pretended otherwise!

Ahh - you're correct - I'm mistaken - you're the one who admitted to being 100% tax compliant - after applying weasel words to imply that you were actually opposed to the tax. And you're the one that resorts to stalking in order to dig up red herring posts!

I remember you now - you registered and paid, and pretended otherwise!

I never reistered, so perhaps you can explain where you got that from. Come on alastair, put up a post now, showing where i said i registered? If you cant, your a liar.

I never reistered, so perhaps you can explain where i got that from. Come on alastair, put up a post now, showing where i said i registered? If you cant, your a liar.

So - you're not 100% tax compliant? Finding it hard to settle on which stance to take?

We both know you registered and paid - move away from the hypocrisy and embrace some honesty. You'll feel much better for it.

• Advertisement

move away from the hypocrisy

Your shipment of Irony has arrived.
    Sign here please.

So - you're not 100% tax compliant? Finding it hard to settle on which stance to take?

I think I will be ok.
    Self Employed people HAVE to pay it, Otherwise no Tax Clearance cert......

Bastards. :(

Rubbish. Has a failure to pay motor tax or TV licence ever popped up as an issue with your tax clearance cert? It's got nothing to do with your tax clearance cert.

We both know you registered and paid - move away from the hypocrisy and embrace some honesty. You'll feel much better for it.
    So you know I paid this? How? Making stuff up?

You have stupidly mixed me up with another poster, not for the first time. The last time was two posts after telling me that reading was not my strong point. And this time you post abuse at the wrong poster. Comical ali is actually not fitting you now. Calamity ali.

mikom wrote: »
    Sign here please.

Are you reading these recent posts? I never seen a poster like him:D

Are you reading these recent posts? I never seen a poster like him:D

It's called Schizophrenia.

It's called Schizophrenia.

I wouldnt like to see anyone with that, but its one possibility.

Sado stalker robbie he called me, he was posting about the wrong poster, but actually typed my name. It doen not get any more comical.

I think I will be ok.

So you know I paid this? How? Making stuff up?

You have stupidly mixed me up with another poster, not for the first time. The last time was two posts after telling me that reading was not my strong point. And this time you post abuse at the wrong poster. Comical ali is actually not fitting you now. Calamity ali.

A tax clearance cert isn't a mark of being 100% tax compliant - which you said you were. You were cocky enough to point me towards your posts in this thread - which make quite clear that you never actually commited yourself to avoiding payment - you just egged others on and didn't feel the need to put yourself on the line - unfortunately for you now - you've painted yourself into a lie. More saddo behaviour.

:(

Brave Sir Robbie ran away from his stated principles.

Sign here please.

I'm not the one presenting myself as opposed to the charge, but registering on the sly. You get what you see with me.

I'm not the one presenting myself as opposed to the charge, but registering on the sly. You get what you see with me.

Yep, you're just the one that pays taxes you feel are fair........ and don't pay the ones you feel are unfair.

Yep, your just the one that pays taxes you feel are fair........ and don't pay the ones you feel are unfair.

That's correct - and I stand over my decision. You have a problem with that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

mod:
    Alastair and robbie7730 banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement