Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Home Theatre (Wireless) recommendation?

• 31-03-2012 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a recommendation here please. I've got dogs and every time we get a puppy in it spends its first year eating through everything in sight, so over time I've lost phone lines, home cinema cables, tv cables etc.

I've taken various steps to improve things and gone wireless where I could. So for example I've a wireless Phone solution, which even works with the Sky boxes so no cables on the floor. I've been using a WD TV LIVE media streamer and it works a treat, again no floor based wires to worry about, however the last item in my armoury still causing problems is my DVD / home cinema system. I need to replace it, and I'm fed up trying to trace the cables to see which one has been eaten through... so can anyone recommend a really good quality home cinema system DVD/wireless rig? I'm looking for completely wireless if possible, not just rear speakers. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Discipline the dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Hi there -

I was worried I was going to have similar problem before getting a puppy as I have wires everywhere. I got this:

http://www.petshoponline.ie/johnsons-anti-chew-training-spray
    jj0033.jpg

Have never had problems, before I got the puppy I plugged everything out and sprayed all cables and wires with this stuff. Left it overnight to make sure was dry and then plugged in again. The puppy took a sniff of cable and never thought twice about it. Pretty destructive dog too, has ruined shoes/furniture etc but won't go near cables or wires thanks to the spray.

I realise this advise is more suited to the animals/pets forum but there you go :)

7.99 is cheaper than buying a new wireless unit at least :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭andy1249

Completely wireless doesnt exist , not on any kind of a quality system at least.

Usually its just the rears , because sound quality doesnt matter as much on those , at least not in the all in one box variety at least , and your still talking about having power cables.

Think about hiding cables rather than wireless , this system is cheap and should discourage any puppy chewing ...

http://www.d-line.co.uk/decorative-trunking.php

Last time I checked , both B&Q and Woodies stocked this stuff.

Advertisement