Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

April Fools 2012...

• 31-03-2012 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Post your findings here,

<snip>

Dodgy link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A proposed pedestrian toll in Cork last year. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It's not even April Fools yet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

The government has been building up to one for months with this household charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

It is in other countries ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Eh, are you in the North??? Otherwise that doesnt make sense.

DID you follow the traditional timing of putting your clocks back last week? :eek:
    Cos if you did that, and you in the Republic, you may have found you were a bit early everywhere you went last week! Due to public demand to leave the clocks on winter time Minister Phil Hogan has relented on the 'spring forward' rule until the end of Easter, as incentive and reward for 50% paying the household tax.

You didnt get that memo? Nuts! It was widely printed in all the editions of the Evening Herald this week... :confused:

APRIL FOOLS :rolleyes: .... nearly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

The government has been building up to one for months with this household charge.

Jaysus, here we go again. Hogan's Law has been invoked already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

this boards.ie one is retarded http://cl.ly/FTOG

if you want to disable most of the retardedness.. disable javascript

or

find a plugin for your browser to disable the gold.js script

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Well played Boards.ie!

Was completly confused and a little pissed off for 3 minutes.

Gold Account... Fúckers! :P

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/gold-membership-trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Error!
    We're sorry, due to underwhelming demand, there has been an error in our payment processing system, please try again later.

[note from Paddy: insert proper error handling here - Dav to supply text for this, he's probably too busy looking at the yacht catalogue with Tom to bother]

Oh bugger Ive been had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I dislike not being able to go to last read post :mad:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I dislike not being able to go to last read post :mad:

Don't feel too bad. For 20 minutes I was prevented from doing pretty much anything i.e. posting or pm while posts were flying about the place. So many good ideas and a retarded one won outright.

Gah, have to disable JavaScript to post!

No images? Well that's YLYL screwed for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

So....is Tom looking at a yacht catalogue or not?????:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

antodeco wrote: »
    Your 99,999th post. Impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

I changed my birthday to April 1st on Facebook earlier and 47 people have already wished me a Happy Birthday -I wonder how much they'll hate me when I remind them all tomorrow that my birthday is in November! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dog-man-star

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Jess16 wrote: »
    I changed my birthday to April 1st on Facebook earlier and 47 people have already wished me a Happy Birthday -I wonder how much they'll hate me when I remind them all tomorrow that my birthday is in November! :)

I changed my boyfriends birthday on Facebook the other week. He can't change it back. Facebook only let you change it once. So now when its really his birthday in a few weeks, he won't get any birthday messages. Oops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Jaysus - the Gold account thing is a bit lame, was expecting a bit more from Boards...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Isn't that just sad though that they wouldn't remember your birthday only for facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Firefox!

Just force quit all my tabs, when I opened it up again, it forced me to update the software before I could surf the net... That's obviously an April Fools joke - no Software company would willingly do that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

I don't really understand why B.ie Admins would make a "joke" which makes it difficult for users to post to the site. The site does depend on new posts in order to attract traffic.

Yes its only one day... but still I would think its best not to alienate the people you depend on, no matter what day of the year it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

The guardian made me smile with their Shaun Ryder becoming an advisor to David Cameron story.

(On a a mobile so google it yurself)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Isn't that just sad though that they wouldn't remember your birthday only for facebook

Well I have 500 'friends' on there, including various people from college, family friends etc whom I wouldn't really expect to know my birthday but let's just say if certain people fall for it, there'll be trouble! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

My friend did that last year, really showed up some people he taught were his friends :D

Related note, Facebook makes you wait a few days before you can change your DOB back to normal, about a week or so.

Google Maps 8-Bit User Guide:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Hey, your shoelace is undone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Obviously based on another person vouching for this shouldn't the thread be locked or even the OP changed!! I'm not pranking! I'm deadly serious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

jay-me wrote: »
    Obviously based on another person vouching for this shouldn't the thread be locked or even the OP changed!! I'm not pranking! I'm deadly serious!

Is in relation to the virus thingy? I got no such message but then again I don't Microsoft Essentials.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I know, this thread might ruin it for everyone in the morning :p

Jernal wrote: »
    Is in relation to the virus thingy? I got no such message but then again I don't Microsoft Essentials.:)

Yeah.. I opened it again and I'm awaiting another notification from M.E I'll post when I get one! I know it was that site because it stated it clearly in the details!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

ESET says the first site gives you a Trojan.

ESET doesn't lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,281 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's not really a harddrive failure though, it's fake.

Follow this guide to get rid of it -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-smart-hdd

Can't believe I fell for this ****e myself. Pain in the arse. Currently running that unhide tool.

Edit - op should be permabanned.

Permabanned and fired into space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

• Advertisement

I posted a screen shot of M.E showing the virus and now it's gone?????

I posted a screen shot of M.E showing the virus and now it's gone?????

All the posts about the virus are gone now shhhh and post more april fools pranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

I have a massive penis.

April Fools!!!

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Yes there are and me being one of them. I'm am freaked, I have no idea what's going on or how the hell I am going to get rid of it. I have no system restore everything is hidden.

I am just completely freaked right now. And now I have to stay up all night and figure out how to fix this! Thanks a lot OP!

allen175 wrote: »
    Yes there are and me being one of them. I'm am freaked, I have no idea what's going on or how the hell I am going to get rid of it. I have no system restore everything is hidden.

I am just completely freaked right now. And now I have to stay up all night and figure out how to fix this! Thanks a lot OP!

Follow this post to get rid of it.
    The links gone and theres a tech section is you need more help, but no more discussion here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Be at one with nature OP. I value my time trekking the Slieve Blooms, it gives me a chance to entertain any foolish thoughts and banish them. Our environment is beautiful, it can be a cure to any ailment of the mind.

EDIT.I've posted in the wrong thread.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

What happened with the op? I clicked on the link alright but I just saw some BMW thing about a car that follows you when you go out running. What's this about a virus

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

What happened with the op? I clicked on the link alright but I just saw some BMW thing about a car that follows you when you go out running. What's this about a virus
    Same, not seeing any problems at all. I use M.E, myself.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Have I missed something here is this virus the april fools? God I hate this ****ing day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I was in college the other day, and there was a few seminarians (take one guess where I go to college :p) sitting next to me discussing the pranks they were going to pull on the others.

One of their ideas was to hide an alarm clock in someone's room and set it to go off at like 5am, I thought it was a pretty good one!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

*Sees Gold account joke*

*Wants to post Fry "Shut up and Take My Money!" meme...*

*Can't cause of Gold account joke*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

One of their ideas was to hide an alarm clock in someone's room and set it to go off at like 5am, I thought it was a pretty good one!

That's not that early in a seminary though, is it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭icianom

USIT are offering a free visa to the moon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Reddit Timeline is pretty good. Kinda hope they keep it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

• Advertisement
Advertisement