Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First time getting a massage

• 01-04-2012 7:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Please help I took up a deal for a salon in Ranelagh, Perfect Balance for a one hour massage and I would love to know

Has anybody been there before and what was is like?

What massage should I go for (I'm healthy and not pregnant and don't know what's good and what's not)

What underwear do I wear like should I expect to remove my underwear is it normal?

Do I tip at the end and how much should I tip?

It's my first ever time for getting a massage so not really sure of what to expect. Thanx in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

deelite wrote: »
    Please help I took up a deal for a salon in Ranelagh, Perfect Balance for a one hour massage and I would love to know

Has anybody been there before and what was is like?
    I've never been there before so can't say whether they are good

What massage should I go for (I'm healthy and not pregnant and don't know what's good and what's not)
    Most places do Swedish Massage which is a standard massage and aromatherapy which uses different oils depending on your mood etc

What underwear do I wear like should I expect to remove my underwear is it normal?
    When you go in you will be given towels and told to strip down to just your knickers. You will be covered the whole time except for the area the massage therapist is working on eg back, legs etc

Do I tip at the end and how much should I tip?
    Tip whatever u feel he/she deserves! Doing massages is hard work though.

It's my first ever time for getting a massage so not really sure of what to expect. Thanx in advance

I used to be a massage therapist. Just relax and enoy:)
    Dunno what way I posted that! My comments are just under yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

never heard of the place you are booked in with but in general most massage places are the same.

you turn up, go into a room with soothing music/incense candles etc ... depending on the massage you get you either take off your top (back and neck massage) or strip down to your underwear bottoms or wear a shorts (full body massage)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 peardropruth

Em, I'd strongly advise asking for a female as The Guy there really hurt my back and Ive been in bits since a massage with him, been to doctor twice and going to physio tomorrow..ouch.... His name was something like Caillin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 peardropruth

@ deelite
    Did you ever go for that massage in Perfect Balance and if so how did it go?
    Did you get the Big Guy or another.
    Ruth

Advertisement